Drakes Creek Clasic

Guest gorillaball

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at that tourny and I have to say, the games I watched were poorly umpired. They were very inconsistent. For example, in the first inning, a line drive was hit to third an fell foul by about 3 feet. The ump thought the third baseman touched it, which she didnt, and that allowed 2 runs which started a 6 run first inning by the Sudden Rage. Also, the strikezones for the pitchers were very hard to find. An ump called a strike for a pitch that hit the plate before it got to the catcher!! I have seen much better umpireing then this!

Guest gorillaball

My daughter played in the tournament. We were not impressed. We only played one pool game due to two teams not showing. We won it against the lady Raiders but was put out Sunday morning by Sudden Rage in the 8th inning. It was a long drive from West Tn. for two games. You are right about the umps. Very inconsistant.

Guest gorillaball

We played Fire and Ice as a courtesy game Saturday. We are a 16U team but was able to match up pretty good with them. They look solid. I'm not sure who won it in that group though.

IN the 18-U division the Blue Angels won VS. Fire and Ice. The Blue ANgels beat the Typhoons and Stealers to get to the championship game. Fire and Ice beat the Nighthawks to advance. I'm not sure what the score was but Blue Angels won.

So does anyone have any coments about how the tournament was run? The umpires were brought in some from out of town and some local. But many good things were there this past weekend and it would be nice to know about them. We don't always have to be so negative all the time. I personly could tell that many people worked very hard this weekend. I thought the tournament went very smoothely and that everyone got there moneys worth at this tournament.

Guest lulu4626

I play for Sudden Rage and in that tournament, I very clearly fouled a ball off my hip. It left a quite noticeable bruise immediately. The catcher asked me if I was alright and threw the ball back to the catcher. As soon as she had thrown it, the umpire comes out from behind the plate yelling that it is a fair ball because it landed in fair territory. The pitcher threw the ball to first base and I was called out. Everyone seemed very confused except for the umpire. I think the umping in the Drakes Creek Classic could have definitely been better!