Warriors from Jasper

OLD PIRATE

Old Pirate says he's trying to get the warriors debating about something other than the current warrior team.

OP will fall short on this but still offers some names, NOT in order, we'll leave that for the true warrior fans.

1. Eric Westmoreland

2. Pumpy Tuders

3. Levoy Gudger

4. Bill Baker

5. Eddie Brown

6. Brian Janaway

7. David Donahue

8. Jim Cheaves

9. Donny Pemberton

10. Anthony Martin

OP says let the debate begin warriors

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Derrick Springs from like 2003? I believe he was the player to reach 1000 yard fastest (4 or 5 games). Surely he is on there.

Old Pirate says this is for you warrior fans to decide and debate. Derrick Springs in on OP's list.

Help OP out guys, lets talk about something that will bring back ancient memories. Please post "your' thoughts.

How about MCRoadWarrior or purple grad. Perhaps an old warrior living legend is reading?

Pound for pound, I would take Jim Fowler. He was one of the best backs that I can remember playing for the Warriors. Your list is sound but I think you must also include Bob Bible. I agree with Eric Westmoreland and his high school and college success, but If you look in the NFL record books you will find Eddie Brown's name next to a few records.( that was a few years ago, they may have been broken by now. )

Is the question about players from Jasper only (the town not the school), not trying to be smart I just re-read the title of the topic.

Old Pirate says, us folks in the south end of the county know them as "Jasper". There are 2 other schoo;s in the Marion county. OP can't speak for the Whitwell fans. The post regards warriors that played for jasper.

OP says Jim Fowler is a good choice as many other may be. I remember Bob Bible as more of a defensive player.

OP says post your top 10.

Yes. There are two other schools in the county but the name of our school is Marion County High School. Has been since 1910 (long before SPHS came into existance). /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Old Pirate says come on PG, you know............................................................ it will always be jasper............

Heck, OP remembers when it's name was changed by many to

"pig town".................................................. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Purple Grad has to be a youngon....... he obviously don't remember Bill Baker who played at UT, possibly jasper's 1st top 10. He was a big tough and fast RB.