South Doyle verse Clinton

hsfootballfan777

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think this person was trying to say anything bad about the kids, read it again. Its easy for you looking in to think that. Here is the deal South Doyle isnt like Central, Maryville, Powell,Alcoa, we dont recruite players we play with what we have. Now for the coach he needs to go he has had a chance he hasnt made any progress.When you let a team come back on you as last night thats a shame. He had some chances to seal the deal and made some bad coaching descions. For instance the debackule at end of 2nd qtr! The decsion end of 4th qtr instead of running the clock out to hand the ball off instead of let #7 keep the ball. I think Mr.Duncan needs to make a move, or the people of South Doyle need to start calling and makin there voice heard or this program will never change. Go kees!

I know I can't speak for the other programs mentioned, but I would be interested to know how it is that Powell goes about recruiting players. Powell is a closed zone, meaning that players cannot simply decide to transfer to Powell, nor can they decide to pay tuition to attend Powell. Other than the majority to minority rule that all schools can use, the only way for Powell to get a player that is zoned for a different school is to convince his family to move into the Powell zone. That must be one heck of a recruiting pitch.

I dont think this person was trying to say anything bad about the kids, read it again. Its easy for you looking in to think that. Here is the deal South Doyle isnt like Central, Maryville, Powell,Alcoa, we dont recruite players we play with what we have. Now for the coach he needs to go he has had a chance he hasnt made any progress.When you let a team come back on you as last night thats a shame. He had some chances to seal the deal and made some bad coaching descions. For instance the debackule at end of 2nd qtr! The decsion end of 4th qtr instead of running the clock out to hand the ball off instead of let #7 keep the ball. I think Mr.Duncan needs to make a move, or the people of South Doyle need to start calling and makin there voice heard or this program will never change. Go kees!

It's very odd that you call out several schools for recruiting but you don't substantiate it. I guess that's how you make excuses for what you can't beat. I challenge you to name one player at Central that lives out of their zone. I'll bet you that you can't. As a matter of fact, several players zoned for Central actually play at another school on Broadway. Don't say that SD only plays with what they have either. Not true, check out last year's baseball roster. I assure you that some only became legit after questions were raised. Want some more? How did the superstar end up in the SD zone from Blount County? Finally, Seymour's superstar almost played at SD, he told me that he was considering it straight from his mouth, and doesn't even live in the same county. Odd that they all played travel ball together as youngsters. These aren't speculations but facts. Check it out. Forget Powell; there not beating many teams to begin with. As far as Maryville and Alcoa are concerned, you're probably right. The recently arrested kid is proof of that. Ask Karns how that community feels about losing him. I'll be waiting on info. about Central, but you'll never deliver. Point is, be careful what you say, many of know you're just shooting off due to hurt feelings.

It's very odd that you call out several schools for recruiting but you don't substantiate it. I guess that's how you make excuses for what you can't beat. I challenge you to name one player at Central that lives out of their zone. I'll bet you that you can't. As a matter of fact, several players zoned for Central actually play at another school on Broadway. Don't say that SD only plays with what they have either. Not true, check out last year's baseball roster. I assure you that some only became legit after questions were raised. Want some more? How did the superstar end up in the SD zone from Blount County? Finally, Seymour's superstar almost played at SD, he told me that he was considering it straight from his mouth, and doesn't even live in the same county. Odd that they all played travel ball together as youngsters. These aren't speculations but facts. Check it out. Forget Powell; there not beating many teams to begin with. As far as Maryville and Alcoa are concerned, you're probably right. The recently arrested kid is proof of that. Ask Karns how that community feels about losing him. I'll be waiting on info. about Central, but you'll never deliver. Point is, be careful what you say, many of know you're just shooting off due to hurt feelings.

Lets clear up some of your comments. First of all I personally know all the players on the baseball team, and they are all legit, and have always been legit, they have all grown up together and played baseball for many many years. Secondly the Seymour superstar you speak of, SD doesn't want him never has. He's nothing but a pothead, and we were glad to see him move out of county.

Lastly,there is no Superstar from Blount County playing at SD, who would be stupid enough to leave a Blount County team to come play for Coach Hutchins. One thing you can count on from SD is we don't recruit. As a matter of fact Hutchins doesn't even take the time to involve himself with our middle school team, and they are leaving and transfering to Blount County before there 9th grade year. And yes SD folks do have hurt feelings, and we have earned them. Clark Duncan

should be ran out of town, and sent back to Powell. Our school has been on a downward spiral since the first day he walked in. He has done nothing to improve anything. He hired Coach Hutchins, and the football team has gotten worse every year, and the roster grows smaller and smaller. After the Clinton game, we probably won't even have a team next year. The boys as well as there parents are fed up. The administration has got to do something NOW. Most of our starters are graduating this year, and thanks to the Coach, it will be really hard to fill their spots. Nobody wants to play for this Coach. These losses can not be blamed on the football players, that team is full of athletes, but they are just not being coached. If Duncan were any kind of AD he would be meeting with the team as well as the parents, and coaches to try to find out what the problems are. Isn't he supposed to be some famous football player and coach?? If that is indeed true he should be more worried about the loss of a football team, as well as the loss of revenue, that football games produce. Seems like all he's concerned about is his, teeth, tan, and keeping his loafers clean.

Lets clear up some of your comments. First of all I personally know all the players on the baseball team, and they are all legit, and have always been legit, they have all grown up together and played baseball for many many years. Secondly the Seymour superstar you speak of, SD doesn't want him never has. He's nothing but a pothead, and we were glad to see him move out of county.

Lastly,there is no Superstar from Blount County playing at SD, who would be stupid enough to leave a Blount County team to come play for Coach Hutchins. One thing you can count on from SD is we don't recruit. As a matter of fact Hutchins doesn't even take the time to involve himself with our middle school team, and they are leaving and transfering to Blount County before there 9th grade year. And yes SD folks do have hurt feelings, and we have earned them. Clark Duncan

should be ran out of town, and sent back to Powell. Our school has been on a downward spiral since the first day he walked in. He has done nothing to improve anything. He hired Coach Hutchins, and the football team has gotten worse every year, and the roster grows smaller and smaller. After the Clinton game, we probably won't even have a team next year. The boys as well as there parents are fed up. The administration has got to do something NOW. Most of our starters are graduating this year, and thanks to the Coach, it will be really hard to fill their spots. Nobody wants to play for this Coach. These losses can not be blamed on the football players, that team is full of athletes, but they are just not being coached. If Duncan were any kind of AD he would be meeting with the team as well as the parents, and coaches to try to find out what the problems are. Isn't he supposed to be some famous football player and coach?? If that is indeed true he should be more worried about the loss of a football team, as well as the loss of revenue, that football games produce. Seems like all he's concerned about is his, teeth, tan, and keeping his loafers clean.

You are correct. All baseball players are now legit, or were during this past season, but were not that way to start the season (check out your senior catcher's address before the season started). Yes, the player from Seymour was very much considering playing at SD. Ask him or his buddies at SD. As far as a football player from Blount County, go back and read the original post. This is/was a baseball player that conveniently moved into South Knoxville to play for Coach Howard (it's a shame he missed his senior season due to injury) half way through his eighth grade year to play with his previous teammates. Maybe it's not recruiting by the coaching staff officially, but the parents had a huge hand in all of it. Don't get me wrong, I respect the SD staff and enjoyed the success of the team, but it is presumptuous for someone to make a blanket statement that SD only plays with what they have. Just simply not true as is the case for most teams.

You are correct. All baseball players are now legit, or were during this past season, but were not that way to start the season (check out your senior catcher's address before the season started). Yes, the player from Seymour was very much considering playing at SD. Ask him or his buddies at SD. As far as a football player from Blount County, go back and read the original post. This is/was a baseball player that conveniently moved into South Knoxville to play for Coach Howard (it's a shame he missed his senior season due to injury) half way through his eighth grade year to play with his previous teammates. Maybe it's not recruiting by the coaching staff officially, but the parents had a huge hand in all of it. Don't get me wrong, I respect the SD staff and enjoyed the success of the team, but it is presumptuous for someone to make a blanket statement that SD only plays with what they have. Just simply not true as is the case for most teams.

I really think your in the wrong forum this is about SD FOOTBALL. The SD baseball team is a great organization, due to Coach Howard being an excellent role model, teacher, as well as a coach. But

the seymour player you speak of has no friends at South Doyle.

I really think your in the wrong forum this is about SD FOOTBALL. The SD baseball team is a great organization, due to Coach Howard being an excellent role model, teacher, as well as a coach. But

the seymour player you speak of has no friends at South Doyle.

Oh, so the statement that SD plays with what they have only applies to football?

Oh, so the statement that SD plays with what they have only applies to football?

I also thought this was a football thread, here is the thing Mr.Duncan knows what needs to be done now weather he has the b---s to do it is another thing. He hired the guy so it looks bad on him if he fires the guy! If he really cares about the football program he will do it we will see.

I also thought this was a football thread, here is the thing Mr.Duncan knows what needs to be done now weather he has the b---s to do it is another thing. He hired the guy so it looks bad on him if he fires the guy! If he really cares about the football program he will do it we will see.

If Duncan had any sense what so ever he would stop the maddness now. If he fires him in the middle of the season, Corum, or Bryant could step in. But I think you right I don't think Duncan has the guts to fire him now. But what he doesn't understand, if he doesn't do something soon we may no even have a football team next year. I have talked to alot of the players, parents, and community people and they are in shock that this is still going on after 4 years. Alot of the boys on the team say they are going to quit, some say they will finish out the season, and if Hutchins is still here next year they won't play for him. We really can't afford to lose any players. If Hutchins truly cared about the team, he would do us all a favor and resign.

So you can't answer the question? Forget the "thread" business. You stated that SD plays with only what they have and others don't. If it's true for one sport, it's most likely true for all.

So you can't answer the question? Forget the "thread" business. You stated that SD plays with only what they have and others don't. If it's true for one sport, it's most likely true for all.

As far as the FOOTBALL team I can promise you the football team plays only what they have, and if we don't get rid of Hutchins we won't have anyone left to play. I also can tell you for a fact there are some schools that recruit players, because I know players who have been recruited. I can also tell that SD does not recruit, what do we have to offer them...4 years of consistent losing, wow what a selling point.

I fugured if they got rid of Hutchins that Upton would be the most logical replacement as head coach. I heard that he had the Jefferson County job locked up until he pulled his name our of the running. If Hutchins did leave, who would call the offense, Upton or one of the other coaches.