Lenoir City vs. Central

Pantherman85

In watching that game last nite, I was very impressed with the size of the O lineman that LC has. They are huge!! I think that LC really lacks playmakers on both sides of the ball. In running the spread formation, there has to be the ability to throw the ball. LC has no threat in that area. After the 1st couple of series by LC, Central just stacked the line and dared them to throw.

On defense, it seemed like everytime a Central runner cut back and ran against the grain, the LC defenders could not adjust. The LC backers and dbacks are not the biggest kids and often the Central runners just ran thru the tackles. I guess that is a positioning and technique problem.

On the Central side, they looked good, but it was also hard to get a gauge on them because LC was not much competition. They still had 4 or 5 major penalties (mostly holding) that they need to fix. Central only threw 8-10 times and they did OK. 1 TD pass. They didn't really have to throw last nite. Wilson looked good and there were no injuries. They should get Howard back next week. They are about as healthy as they can be right now.

Good luck to LC the rest of the way. Keep your heads up.

In watching that game last nite, I was very impressed with the size of the O lineman that LC has. They are huge!! I think that LC really lacks playmakers on both sides of the ball. In running the spread formation, there has to be the ability to throw the ball. LC has no threat in that area. After the 1st couple of series by LC, Central just stacked the line and dared them to throw.

On defense, it seemed like everytime a Central runner cut back and ran against the grain, the LC defenders could not adjust. The LC backers and dbacks are not the biggest kids and often the Central runners just ran thru the tackles. I guess that is a positioning and technique problem.

On the Central side, they looked good, but it was also hard to get a gauge on them because LC was not much competition. They still had 4 or 5 major penalties (mostly holding) that they need to fix. Central only threw 8-10 times and they did OK. 1 TD pass. They didn't really have to throw last nite. Wilson looked good and there were no injuries. They should get Howard back next week. They are about as healthy as they can be right now.

Good luck to LC the rest of the way. Keep your heads up.

It's great to have huge OL if they block. LC can't seem to generate any offense. It's hard for the QB's to throw the ball when they are on their backs. Most rushing yards (all 76 of them) were due to hard running by the RB's. For such large lineman, I sure don't see many holes for the RB's to run through much less time for the QB's to throw a pass. From what I have seen this year so far, LC does not have the strength or speed of the teams it has played. We are out of our league trying to play against 4A teams with 2A talent.

The reason LC cannot tackle is they never practice tackling drills. Back in the day when you did tackling drills in practice you drove your man to the ground. Now all they seem to do is just hit the man. You have to go back to the basics. Teach these kids the proper blocking technigues, the proper way to tackle, who they are supposed to block, and so on and so forth. Nothing has woked all year long. LC has been outscored 192 to 20. LC has not scored a point in 13 quarters and now has lost 13 straight games dating back to last year. They have given up almost 2,000 yards total offense. I think its time for a chance in the coaching staff. He has not been able to teach these kids in the 5 years he has been there and if he stays it does not look good for the future.

I know its hard on the LC football players, but guys try to keep your heads up and remember one thing. DON'T EVER GIVE UP!!!!!