Fastest kid in Region 5-1A

FridayMainEvent

All the talk around the kid from Forrest who supposedly runs a sub 4.4 time got me to wondering who is the fastest kid in the region. To be honest, I don't even know who the fastest kid is on our team. As far as I know, Coach Kenny doesn't do 40 times. I know Matt Bain, Nick Batts, Timo Murray, and Blake Harvey have had break away Touch Down runs this season, but I truly don't know who our fastest kid is. I'd say Ricky Hord and Cory Phillips would also be in the mix.

Who is the fastest kid on each team in our district. Some of you Cascade people can chime in and tell me who our fastest kid is if you know. I'm sure Coach Richardson would know. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i havnt seen nick batts run... but he might very well be the fastest player on the team. but just going by last year matt bain is by far the fastest from what i have seen. i would say matt and batts are the fastest kids in the region

Matt has been our gunner on kickoffs and he is often first to the ball, so from what I've seen, he'd get my vote also.

All the talk around the kid from Forrest who supposedly runs a sub 4.4 time got me to wondering who is the fastest kid in the region. To be honest, I don't even know who the fastest kid is on our team. As far as I know, Coach Kenny doesn't do 40 times. I know Matt Bain, Nick Batts, Timo Murray, and Blake Harvey have had break away Touch Down runs this season, but I truly don't know who our fastest kid is. I'd say Ricky Hord and Cory Phillips would also be in the mix.

Who is the fastest kid on each team in our district. Some of you Cascade people can chime in and tell me who our fastest kid is if you know. I'm sure Coach Richardson would know. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Not Coach Rich, but here is my opinion.

First, any time I hear about sub-4.4 times, I get real suspicious. I have seen too many guys that are reported to be 4.3/4.4 guys turnout to be 4.5/4.6. However, a few years ago, Cascade had a guy that had been laser timed at a football camp at 4.39. So, its not impossible, just not very probable that a high school kid is running a 4.38.

The fastest player on Cascade is ............... Momo Stewart. Followed closely by Matt Bain. Happy Johnson, Matt Henderson and Nick Batts have the best football speed.

As far as in the region, not sure who is the fastest, but a few candidates would be Maston (sp?) at Eagleville, Bledsoe at Nashville Christian, McClung at Heritage, Taylor at Jo Byrns, and Henson at Forrest. I have also heard tales of the young back at Forrest you mention. I have never seen him play, and I don't know his name, but I understand that he is really fast. I would also include #33 at McEwen on my list.

I am sure there are plenty of others that should be included. Some of these guys may not light-up a stop watch at a sub-4.4, but they sure play fast on Friday nights; and, to me, that is the only speed that matters.

Not Coach Rich, but here is my opinion.

First, any time I hear about sub-4.4 times, I get real suspicious. I have seen too many guys that are reported to be 4.3/4.4 guys turnout to be 4.5/4.6. However, a few years ago, Cascade had a guy that had been laser timed at a football camp at 4.39. So, its not impossible, just not very probable that a high school kid is running a 4.38.

The fastest player on Cascade is ............... Momo Stewart. Followed closely by Matt Bain. Happy Johnson, Matt Henderson and Nick Batts have the best football speed.

As far as in the region, not sure who is the fastest, but a few candidates would be Maston (sp?) at Eagleville, Bledsoe at Nashville Christian, McClung at Heritage, Taylor at Jo Byrns, and Henson at Forrest. I have also heard tales of the young back at Forrest you mention. I have never seen him play, and I don't know his name, but I understand that he is really fast. I would also include #33 at McEwen on my list.

I am sure there are plenty of others that should be included. Some of these guys may not light-up a stop watch at a sub-4.4, but they sure play fast on Friday nights; and, to me, that is the only speed that matters.

Good post. I only went to one baseball game last year, the State Tournament, so I haven't had the opportunity to see MoMo do much running. That doesn't surprise me though. He is a great all around athlete!