KeeperFan15

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who hosts districts if

District 6 : Soddy-Daisy, Chatt Central, Ooltewah, Red Bank

SD and Ooltewah tie 0-0

SD beats Chatt Central 3-0 and Ooltewah beats them 7-0 (But the shut outs are equal and they only count up to a max 3 goal differential or so I've been told) so this is equal too?

SD beats Red Bank 4-0

What happens if Ooltewah also manages to shut out and beat Red Bank say 4-0 next Tuesday?

I am just wondering about this hypothetically and no one is assuming what the result of that game will be.

What is the next thing they compare, to see who gets to host the District game?

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Who hosts districts if

District 6 : Soddy-Daisy, Chatt Central, Ooltewah, Red Bank

SD and Ooltewah tie 0-0

SD beats Chatt Central 3-0 and Ooltewah beats them 7-0 (But the shut outs are equal and they only count up to a max 3 goal differential or so I've been told) so this is equal too?

SD beats Red Bank 4-0

What happens if Ooltewah also manages to shut out and beat Red Bank say 4-0 next Tuesday?

I am just wondering about this hypothetically and no one is assuming what the result of that game will be.

What is the next thing they compare, to see who gets to host the District game?

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

The Head Coaches will then compete in a Decathalon in the following events: Arm Wrestling, Pool, Darts, Putt-Putt, Badmiton, Air Hockey, Ping Pong, Foosball, Laser Tag, and TetherBall. If for some reason that is tied, the coaches will compete in a best of three competition of : Ballroom dancing, Karaoke, and Jeopardy.

This would be a much more entertaining than the dreaded coin flip.

This would be a much more entertaining than the dreaded coin flip.

I agree with you on that! Last season we had two district teams tie down to the 6th level (head to head, goals against, goals for, record, etc) They played on a Friday night, but because they tied in that game in regular district, they had to play again the next morning in a play in game for the district tournament. The TSSAA has no regulation for districts... just get two teams out of it for regions, and the dates they have to be completed. This is why your district needs to have a plan in place in case of ties and such.

Our old district had to do a coin flip for a seed about 4 years ago. It was not fun for either team.

I agree with you on that! Last season we had two district teams tie down to the 6th level (head to head, goals against, goals for, record, etc) They played on a Friday night, but because they tied in that game in regular district, they had to play again the next morning in a play in game for the district tournament. The TSSAA has no regulation for districts... just get two teams out of it for regions, and the dates they have to be completed. This is why your district needs to have a plan in place in case of ties and such.

Our old district had to do a coin flip for a seed about 4 years ago. It was not fun for either team.

Is it too late in the season for a District to develop a fair tiebreaker policy beyond the 6th level to determine who hosts District matches in order to prevent the coin toss? Could one avoid being accused of gerrymandering this late in the season since team records and scores are available for review and consideration? Any suggestions for a fair tiebreaker beyond the 6th level?

Is it too late in the season for a District to develop a fair tiebreaker policy beyond the 6th level to determine who hosts District matches in order to prevent the coin toss? Could one avoid being accused of gerrymandering this late in the season since team records and scores are available for review and consideration? Any suggestions for a fair tiebreaker beyond the 6th level?

I think you would have to have a district meeting first and then a majority vote on that case. If you went down past the 6th level, you might have to have a coin toss, although I have heard of teams doing a PK shootout (with no game, just the shoot out) but that was not in TN highschool soccer.