tnsmokediver

Who's your pick for 2007 City Champion  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your pick for 2007 City Champion

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad idea. What about the 1st game of the year?

The first game wouldn't give the excitment like the last game would. There was always alot of build up when it was played last. It was moved during the 89 season I think. CANEFAN might be able to help me with that.

The playoff implications would be great. Depending on the season, it could determine who will go on and who starts working on basketball or wrestling season or even home field advantage. Not to mention bragging rights for a year.

I haven't made a pick yet but I'm going with the Cane's on this one. It will be a slugfest as it is every year, but I believe they can pull it off.

Go Canes!

dockery was def not overrated what in the world made u think that? all-state as Jr. He has just made some wrong decsions this year. Last year they had players that were there to look after him and be there from him to keep him out of trouble and now those players are gone.

but about the game i will go with east on this.

It is too easy for both sides to look at this game emotionally and declare a winner. While West has not played up to the standards of years past, they are a good team. While East has not reached the predictions that were given on earlier boards, they are a good team. Neither team has played to their potential yet, but I believe both teams are strong in the region. The downside to both teams are the mistakes they are making. Here are some statistics on both teams:

West Points For 96 (19.2/game) Points Against 105 (21/game) Coach T Schedule Rank 22nd Strength Rank 17th Opponents Record 15 -12 (West has been shut out 1 game)

East Points For 64 (12.8/game) Points Against 76 (15.2/game) Coach T Schedule Rank 43rd Strength Rank 28th Opponents Record 11-16 (East has been shut out 1 game and failed to score a TD in 1 game)

So, West has scored 6.4 more points/game, but they have had 5.8 more points/game scored against them. We have both lost to Jeff and beat Crockett. On paper, this is a very even game. The question will be who wants the win more. Both teams are looking to prove who they are and they are both excited to prove it against the home town rival.

If West is able to play assignment football and stop East's ground game they will win. Also, West has played two schools who run the same type offense as East (1-1 record). I know that most posters feel this is East's year, but I do not think so. I do not think it will be a run away win as both of last year's games were, but West will win by at least 10. The only concern I have is having the open week before East. If that were not the case I believe West would win by more.

dockery was def not overrated what in the world made u think that? all-state as Jr. He has just made some wrong decsions this year. Last year they had players that were there to look after him and be there from him to keep him out of trouble and now those players are gone.

but about the game i will go with east on this.

When you are only as good as your blocking and you have to have others keep you out of trouble, that makes you overrated. Trust me, the all state pick was just about numbers. If he was that great, why no looks from colleges?

Pikeman12, you know who I am and I know who you are and I am not trashing Terrell but he let his team down and he and he alone is accountable for that. That in itself makes him overrated. How many "all state" players do you know of do their teams that way?

The first game wouldn't give the excitment like the last game would. There was always alot of build up when it was played last. It was moved during the 89 season I think. CANEFAN might be able to help me with that.

The playoff implications would be great. Depending on the season, it could determine who will go on and who starts working on basketball or wrestling season or even home field advantage. Not to mention bragging rights for a year.

I haven't made a pick yet but I'm going with the Cane's on this one. It will be a slugfest as it is every year, but I believe they can pull it off.

Go Canes!

The reason it was moved in the first place was that they would draw bigger crowds due to better weather. The all mighty dollar will prevail here and the game will stay mid-season. I think they moved it in 89 or 90.

First of all, you can't just choose to play a district game anytime you want. Not only does the TSSAA give you certian dates to play, so does your district. They will have a procedure to follow. So coaches just don't schedule when they want, and can't change games because fans want them to. So the dollar has nothing to do with scheduling district games.

West should win this game. They have played a better schedule. After all the problems East has had with injuries and loss of a very good player, to think that they are as good as they were predicted to be, is crazy. If not for all of that I believe East would have won this year. If they do it will be an upset. I'm sure there is alot of emotion when this game is played, so it could happen.

West by 10

First of all, you can't just choose to play a district game anytime you want. Not only does the TSSAA give you certian dates to play, so does your district. They will have a procedure to follow. So coaches just don't schedule when they want, and can't change games because fans want them to. So the dollar has nothing to do with scheduling district games.

Sorry but I think you should check into that. The coaches have a say in the schedule and changes to that schedule. The TSSAA does not give dates to play to my knowledge. They do however give you opponents to play and determines if you are home or away in those region games. The dollar has more to do with it than you think. Why do you think they have 4 teams from each region making the playoffs? More games=more gate=more revenue.

West should win this game. They have played a better schedule. After all the problems East has had with injuries and loss of a very good player, to think that they are as good as they were predicted to be, is crazy. If not for all of that I believe East would have won this year. If they do it will be an upset. I'm sure there is alot of emotion when this game is played, so it could happen.

West by 10

A better schedule? The only people they have played that we have not are Catholic and Science Hill and they lost both badly. We played Karns and fulton and went 1-1. We also faced SH in the preseason and was not impressed.

A team at 3-2 upsets a team at 2-3? If east wins it will be a win and if west wins it will be a win. There is no upset in play here.