Munford vs. Brighton

footballfan50

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well its a big game for both teams. munford is lookin to keep their perfect region record and brighton is tryin to win one. what do ya'll think? i say munford by 14

I think Brighton is a good team this year but Munford is going to win. Munford has beaten the two teams Brighton has lost to and beat Covington by a little more points. Brighton will put up a tough fight, but it'll be Munford the whole game.

You are right VG, Munford has every advantage. Munford has superior players, superior coaching, better facilities, and better fans. Between common opponents Munford has won by 14 points and Brighton has lost those games by fourteen points. Brighton has no tradition and Munford has a storied past with a state final appearance. This game should not even be close. The main reason Munford wins is because the kids at Munford are tougher and work harder than the Brighton kids, and they have great leadership in Hall of Fame coach Wayne Randall.

Munford by at least 4 touchdowns.

You are right VG, Munford has every advantage. Munford has superior players, superior coaching, better facilities, and better fans. Between common opponents Munford has won by 14 points and Brighton has lost those games by fourteen points. Brighton has no tradition and Munford has a storied past with a state final appearance. This game should not even be close. The main reason Munford wins is because the kids at Munford are tougher and work harder than the Brighton kids, and they have great leadership in Hall of Fame coach Wayne Randall.

Man..this is one I'd love to see. Don't think for a minute this will be an easy one for Munford! People say you can throw out everything when it comes down to a rivalry, however, this is not the case here. This is not a rivalry...It is a hatred between the two schools!!!! Common opponents cannot be used as a measuring stick here. This will be a war! I know that the people in Munford are slowly becoming aware of the fact that Brighton, over the course of the last several years and under a cloak of darkness, have done everything possible to slow down the progress of the athletic programs at Munford. You see, Munford is supposed to be the "doormat" of the county while Brighton was constructed to be the "flagship," ruling supreme in both academia and athletics. But guess what...Over the past several years no one told the teachers at Munford they were to do only an "adequate" job. Test scores skyrocketed and successess abound in the classrooms. Athletics is on the upswing both in male and female sports. The Music Programs (choir and band) speak for themselves. OUCH!!! Monkey wrenchs flying everywhere in the overall scheme of "what's supposed to be. No...don't think for a moment that the staff, faculty, coaches, counselors, etc. at Munford have any intention of being second best to anybody, and that darn sure includes Brighton.

Man..this is one I'd love to see. Don't think for a minute this will be an easy one for Munford! People say you can throw out everything when it comes down to a rivalry, however, this is not the case here. This is not a rivalry...It is a hatred between the two schools!!!! Common opponents cannot be used as a measuring stick here. This will be a war! I know that the people in Munford are slowly becoming aware of the fact that Brighton, over the course of the last several years and under a cloak of darkness, have done everything possible to slow down the progress of the athletic programs at Munford. You see, Munford is supposed to be the "doormat" of the county while Brighton was constructed to be the "flagship," ruling supreme in both academia and athletics. But guess what...Over the past several years no one told the teachers at Munford they were to do only an "adequate" job. Test scores skyrocketed and successess abound in the classrooms. Athletics is on the upswing both in male and female sports. The Music Programs (choir and band) speak for themselves. OUCH!!! Monkey wrenchs flying everywhere in the overall scheme of "what's supposed to be. No...don't think for a moment that the staff, faculty, coaches, counselors, etc. at Munford have any intention of being second best to anybody, and that darn sure includes Brighton.

Sounds like to me that Brighton isn't very good at anything. Munford has them dominated in athletics and academics. This game shouldn't even be close, Munford's players are better and smarter.

Munford in a wash. 35-7. The seven is against the j.v. team in the fourth with two minutes left.

Sounds like to me that Brighton isn't very good at anything. Munford has them dominated in athletics and academics. This game shouldn't even be close, Munford's players are better and smarter.

Munford in a wash. 35-7. The seven is against the j.v. team in the fourth with two minutes left.

How do these guys come off saying that Brighton players arent smart and dont work hard? If i remember correctly last year was a close game between the two schools at munford and the year before Brighton won. Yall might have a good coach and have experienced some success lately but there was a time there for about 10 years where yall werent too hot. I think both schools have good academic programs and are similar in athletics. Oh yeah Munford may have won in football last year but what bout basketball and baseball. Brighton District Champs in both!

You convinced me a long time ago. Munford has the best coaches in the region. There is no question about that. They now apparently have the best teachers in the region. In addition, they have the smartest students (and therefore, the smartest players) in the region. Why, Munford even has the best Music Programs in the region. They also must have the best administrative team in the region, in order to hire all of these brilliant and successful leaders of the various teams and programs mentioned. They obviously have the best recruiters in the region, because according to you, they don't even have to recruit athletes from Memphis and elsewhere; they just hear about the miracles that occur in Munford, and they flock to where it is happening. Therefore, in a prediction that is based on all of the information that you have provided, I will make the only prediction that makes any sense at all. I predict Munford to beat Brighton by 28 touchdowns. In other words, Munford SHOULD beat Brighton by 196 points. A victory by Munford of any amount less than 140 points (20 touchdowns), will be a moral victory by poor Brighton, and a shameful defeat by a vastly superior Munford team. Mundford will win the region with ease and beat Maryville by at least 70 points in the Blue Cross Bowl.

You convinced me a long time ago. Munford has the best coaches in the region. There is no question about that. They now apparently have the best teachers in the region. In addition, they have the smartest students (and therefore, the smartest players) in the region. Why, Munford even has the best Music Programs in the region. They also must have the best administrative team in the region, in order to hire all of these brilliant and successful leaders of the various teams and programs mentioned. They obviously have the best recruiters in the region, because according to you, they don't even have to recruit athletes from Memphis and elsewhere; they just hear about the miracles that occur in Munford, and they flock to where it is happening. Therefore, in a prediction that is based on all of the information that you have provided, I will make the only prediction that makes any sense at all. I predict Munford to beat Brighton by 28 touchdowns. In other words, Munford SHOULD beat Brighton by 196 points. A victory by Munford of any amount less than 140 points (20 touchdowns), will be a moral victory by poor Brighton, and a shameful defeat by a vastly superior Munford team. Mundford will win the region with ease and beat Maryville by at least 70 points in the Blue Cross Bowl.

You need to come out of retirement and write a comic strip! You belong in the funny papers, if not the funny farm.

This sounds very much like a Brighton supporter trying to snow Munford and get into their heads! This will be a war of epic proportions.

Who is number 32 for Munford and where did he come from. I noticed he is not in the program. He is a good back.

Is #6 the same #6 as last year. If it is thats Chris Madison from Melrose. Looks like Munford still can't win with just their own. The recruiting continues. Under a cloak of darkness Munford continues to recruit.

Wtnoff you're a joke. If your an unbiased official, why do you only post stuff about the Memphis Cougars?