Stewart Co. vs Adamsville

CatfishHunterJR

Apparently the way that all of you Cardinal fans are talking you should walk right over the Rebels. See this time last season the Stewart County team was already ready for the season to end there was no way for SC to make it to the playoffs or any post season implications. This team this season is playing for something and I think that these Cardinal fans are being a little overconfident. Up until the Richland game SC had posted 4 shut outs and didnt allow a team to score for 17 quarters. If the SC defense comes out like they normally do then you will have more trouble than what you are putting on.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently the way that all of you Cardinal fans are talking you should walk right over the Rebels. See this time last season the Stewart County team was already ready for the season to end there was no way for SC to make it to the playoffs or any post season implications. This team this season is playing for something and I think that these Cardinal fans are being a little overconfident. Up until the Richland game SC had posted 4 shut outs and didnt allow a team to score for 17 quarters. If the SC defense comes out like they normally do then you will have more trouble than what you are putting on.

Agreed, but you must look at the teams you shut out. YOu can not tell me they were very good. I do not want to kick anyone when they are down and their kids are all doing what they can, but....

Waverly (injuries have decinmated) scoring less than a td a game

Riverside (still reeling from injuries last year)scoring less than a td a game

East Hickman (brand new school very young)scoring less than a td a game

I understand you guys being upbeat and I am glad you are, but if you would read my posts I have said more than once that it will be a good CLOSE game, but matching numbers (apples to apples) I have to pick Adamsvile for the win.

I'll give credit where credit is due. The Rebs may not have had the toughest of schedules thus far, but they've played beyond par. The defense has held, and the offense punched in what it needed to. As long as they keep the focus game by game, they'll show up to play. I'll tip my hat to the boys in black & gold.

(No offense), but the four teams SC held scoreless have a combined 4 wins in 20 games. Get it: no offense! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Agreed, but you must look at the teams you shut out. YOu can not tell me they were very good. I do not want to kick anyone when they are down and their kids are all doing what they can, but....

Waverly (injuries have decinmated) scoring less than a td a game

Riverside (still reeling from injuries last year)scoring less than a td a game

East Hickman (brand new school very young)scoring less than a td a game

I understand you guys being upbeat and I am glad you are, but if you would read my posts I have said more than once that it will be a good CLOSE game, but matching numbers (apples to apples) I have to pick Adamsvile for the win.

See just as you say there, Riverside is decimated from last years injuries. What would that matter. Just a thought it is a new year, they had a whole year to heal, and now you sound like Papatiger and how Waverly isnt doing good because their team has so many injuries. And East Hickman is a young team but that didnt stop them from scoring on Adamsville did it. This game is going to be close and I am not going to pick a winner because these teams match up too well. I believe that the team that takes this game is the team that comes in ready to play and just pumped. This is going to be one of the biggest games of the year for both teams. The team that wins has the 3rd playoff spot and hopefully it is SC but we are going to have to see who comes away with this win.

also, i have yet to see a score predicted here that was correct, its like picking lottery numbers, if you get it right you are just lucky, not some mystical swami...i will predict a hard fought game from both teams...A'ville fans will pick A'ville to win and SC fans will pick SC to win, that's just the way fans are, God love us all! A'ville, we hope you have a safe trip here and back and if you get the chance check out Ft. Donelson...our communities have more in common than just region 7 football...Shiloh and Ft. Donelson are both special places...Lord Willing, we'll see you Friday night

Looking forward to coming up and seeing a great game! Hopefully, our kids will be ready and get a big

win for us here in A'ville!! A friend of mine that lives there said there is a great pizza place nearby. I

think we will have to check that out!!!!!!!!!! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I'm sure tired of the monkey being on the freshman quarterback from Adamsville. Yes he certainly has made freshman mistakes (can't stop that, there's no shortcut to experience) but look how many drops have happened. This is a team sport and they win as a team and loose as a team. The rest of the team and the coaches have all the confidence in him. He has thrown or ran for at least 2 touchdowns every game. Who else has done that? So lighten up on the quarterback. I must correct myself. He ran for 1 touchdown against McNairy. That was the only one scored in the game.

Looking forward to coming up and seeing a great game! Hopefully, our kids will be ready and get a big

win for us here in A'ville!! A friend of mine that lives there said there is a great pizza place nearby. I

think we will have to check that out!!!!!!!!!! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

The pizza place is Lance's...it's right beside the field pretty much...