Rhea @ Walker Valley

MRSTUD

WELL I HEARD SOME DISTURBING NEWS THIS AFTERNOON. THE RHEA COACHING STAFF IN IT'S INFINITE WISDOM HAS DECIDED THAT THEIR PASS COMPLETION PERCENTAGE IS TOO LOW. THEREFORE, THEY ARE PULLING SWAFFORD AND REPLACING HIM WITH DAVIS. I REALIZE THE COMPLETION PERCENTAGE IS L0W, BUT, HOW MANY PASSES HAVE BEEN DROPPED? I WILL BET YOU THE PERCENTAGE OF DROPPED PASSES IS AT LEAST 85% DROPPED AS COMPARED TO 15% THROWN BAD. IF RHEA IS GOING TO IMPROVE ON THEIR PASSING GAME, THEY NEED TO START WITH THE PROBLEM---THE RECEIVERS. WELL, I GUESS THE COACHES SON IS GOING TO WIN OUT AFTER ALL. LOTS OF LUCK. THEY'LL NEED IT.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you didnt watch any preseason games Davis is the lesser of the 2 at passing. The only reason he is starting now is because he makes the right decisions and has more experience at running the option. He is worse at passing than Swafford at passing its obvious. The decision is good but the passing is still horrible.

WELL I HEARD SOME DISTURBING NEWS THIS AFTERNOON. THE RHEA COACHING STAFF IN IT'S INFINITE WISDOM HAS DECIDED THAT THEIR PASS COMPLETION PERCENTAGE IS TOO LOW. THEREFORE, THEY ARE PULLING SWAFFORD AND REPLACING HIM WITH DAVIS. I REALIZE THE COMPLETION PERCENTAGE IS L0W, BUT, HOW MANY PASSES HAVE BEEN DROPPED? I WILL BET YOU THE PERCENTAGE OF DROPPED PASSES IS AT LEAST 85% DROPPED AS COMPARED TO 15% THROWN BAD. IF RHEA IS GOING TO IMPROVE ON THEIR PASSING GAME, THEY NEED TO START WITH THE PROBLEM---THE RECEIVERS. WELL, I GUESS THE COACHES SON IS GOING TO WIN OUT AFTER ALL. LOTS OF LUCK. THEY'LL NEED IT.

Thanks for the luck since we obviously need it. Sorry to hear that you find the quarterback change disturbing news. Davis being the coaches son had nothing to do with the switch. I'm glad to know that you lose two games in a row and everyone thinks you are the worse team ever. You and m4rcut are in for rude awakening.

Since everybody is looking for a passing QB at Rhea. Well looking at the future I don't see one. Cameron Talent has potential to be a good passer with some work in the off season and in his sophomore year.Kenzie Goins the other freshman QB is alright but like Cameron he has at least 2 years to get better. And in the middle school teams I really don't see one at all. The middle schools run the football 90% of the time and pass maybe 5 to 10 times a game. Even though the middle schoolers have a while and things could change. So unless Rhea gets a transfer that is a Good Passing QB I don't see it in the future.

Either way it goes Rhea cant pass and wont be able to run with 5 linemen. Thats true they will need luck.

You my friend are an idiot.

Listen, I'm not a Rhea County fan, but I did get a chance to attend the Rhea/Brainerd game a few weeks ago. The score was very deceiving due to turnovers, and I was very very very impressed by the play of Rhea County's O line. They ran the ball right down Brainerd's throats, but too many fumbles downfield were costly.

With the line and running backs that Rhea has they don't need an amazing passing game. The QB just needs to not make mistakes and be able to throw the ball when teams stack 8 in the box.

The Eagles are a good team, so are Brainerd, and Red Bank. We will see if the Eagles are for real in a couple of weeks against the kings of region 4-4A, Red Bank.

Um I dont know if you have ever watched a football game but if you ever do one time you'll see that all good teams in college and high schools that run the football mostly have atleast a tightend and alot of the time 2 tightends. And just look at the numbers its 8 against 5 that dont add up. Oh wait there is a running back to block too now its 8 on 6 a great deal of help. Im sorry but no matter how good those linemen are they cant block 2 people each. But I actually agree with you on the passing QBs in Rhea Cameron Talent will be a great Qb he may be the next great one

Um I dont know if you have ever watched a football game but if you ever do one time you'll see that all good teams in college and high schools that run the football mostly have atleast a tightend and alot of the time 2 tightends. And just look at the numbers its 8 against 5 that dont add up. Oh wait there is a running back to block too now its 8 on 6 a great deal of help. Im sorry but no matter how good those linemen are they cant block 2 people each. But I actually agree with you on the passing QBs in Rhea Cameron Talent will be a great Qb he may be the next great one

I agree with you m4rcut most good teams that run the football well in the high school and college levels have more than 5 lineman, and if Rhea County is goin to run the ball effectively they are going to have to have an extra blocker in the game when they get deeper into the season and into the playoffs or when they play a defense that actually stops somebody they are going to get embarassed.

Well I didn't know I was dealing with Norm Chow on this one.

Someone's definitely never played a down of football.

Now I don't know Rhea's situation, but after reviewing the stats from the Times Free Press website:

Sharp is the number three rusher in the area averaging over 8 yards a carry.

Roberts is also on the top of the list averaging close to 9 yards a carry.

So then, why would they change things if what's happening now is probably the best ground game in the Chattanooga area.

If they're having trouble throwing then maybe they should....uh...put receivers on the field.

It's not too difficult of a concept to grasp.

Thats good you can read some stats but um if I'm not mistakin they have beat who? Exactly most middle school teams could not only beat but RUN all over the teams Rhea has ran all over. Yeah their rushing attack is good when they are playing no bodies but if you knew anything about the game you could see that when they play good teams that running attack suffers and will in games to come. Unless they start using more than 5 linemen to block 8 you math mathematitian you, they will not be successful

Oh so you like the old style of football. Wing-T, Maryland I,Wishbone, Ace, and Power I or any other full house back field or two tight end sets. The new way to play football is the Spread. Almost every team Rhea plays runs the spread and so do we. Look what it did for Appalachain State against Michigan. Other teams run the spread West Virginia, Oregon, Texas Tech, Arizona, Florida,Hawaii,BYU, North Texas, Cincinnati and so on use the spread now .

If you need a better read on the spread go here http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5913640