Inside "School Name" Womens Soccer

KeeperFan15

Guest TheChosenOne

I understand your desire to want to know the scores and standings. i recently asked why Baylor was so highly regarded with only 4 games in September (Eurosports info), but was informed they had actually played many more.

Eurosports is only as good as those who provide the results, yet the rankings have nothing to with the scores reported. Go figure.

I know it is more of a pain, but most of the schools do a good job of updating their websites, so you can pretty much figure out the standings by going to the individual websites if you really want to know. Baylor, Harpeth...those schools update pretty quickly.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eurosports is only as good as those who provide the results, yet the rankings have nothing to with the scores reported. Go figure.

Exactly why I asked the question. I too have waited forever and not received a response from ES over the past three years. With CoachT, you can make sure that your team schedule and scores reflect the games played. I was hoping that someone would tell me that the Strength Rank and the Schedule Rank go though some mathmatical modeling (it must because it changes week to week). If it does, it would encourage people to make sure that schedules and scores on CoachT are kept up-to-date.

I look at MJUHB as being more "accurate" given my limited knowledge. For Eurosport just using Ensworth as an example- the schedule and scores showm are missing 3-4 of the games played, so it's a joke. I think that this is the case with some other schools, too. It may be that the school just doesn't bother to provide that information, but it certainly "taints" the rankings. I also notice that the Regions for DIVII soccer are not correct either on Eurosport.

EHSParent, how about updating Ensworth's scores on Coach T.... BGA, Baylor, etc. need to update their scores/schedules as well. Not all of their schedule is up there and as a result BA is leading the division....

It would be nice if a Baylor Parent would step up and do the same, as almost 1/2 their schedule isn't even on Eurosport....

In the past, most of the better teams in state used Eurosportscoreboard. I am surprised that Baylor has not been using it. Their record is on their school website. Perhaps they are doing everything they can to steer traffic to their school website (that's a stretch but it's the only thing I could think of), competition for students is getting more heated in the area among private schools (has anyone else seen all the billboards that have popped up over the last couple of years).

I understand your desire to want to know the scores and standings. i recently asked why Baylor was so highly regarded with only 4 games in September (Eurosports info), but was informed they had actually played many more.

That is not completely true. Coaches are voting on Eurosportscoreboard. And in my experience, the coaches who are bothering to vote are also the coaches who are knowledgable about what is going on in TN soccer, regardless of how up to date schedules may be on the site (again though, most of the stronger programs are using it). That said, it would be interesting to take a look at last year's (and years prior) state teams and see their ranking on Eurosportscoreboard

and see what that tells us, if anything.

That is not completely true. Coaches are voting on Eurosportscoreboard. And in my experience, the coaches who are bothering to vote are also the coaches who are knowledgable about what is going on in TN soccer, regardless of how up to date schedules may be on the site (again though, most of the stronger programs are using it). That said, it would be interesting to take a look at last year's (and years prior) state teams and see their ranking on Eurosportscoreboard

As a voting member, I try to keep as informed as I can before I vote. Since I obviously can't get out to west TN to see some teams, I have to rely on Coach T, Eurosport scores, and connections across the state. I look very hard at records, teams played (their records as well) and it is VERY difficult to do this if teams don't post their scores on Eurosport. If a team wants to be ranked I can tell you some advice on getting them there. Increase your game schedule difficulty (even if you lose, I hold that much higher than a win against a weak or non ranked team), keep your results updated so that voting members can get an accurate look at your overall status, and it wouldn't hurt to keep your team info updated on Coach T as well. I find alot of info about teams from reading threads about them, not just from fans and players of that team, but from opponents, too.

I can't speak for the girls, but I can tell you that the coaches that I know that vote, put a lot of time into their decisions and not just flippantly send their nominations.

Let me restate myself, for those interested in scores, it is only as good as the info reported. The coaches must use their own information to vote. What's confusing is that the data reported often differs from the rankings so I know the voting coaches can't use ES data to make their choices.