Former Crockett County Player Dies in House Fire.

crockett78

Illandis Smith who played Football at Crockett County from 2001-2005 died over the past weekend in a house fire. This is a tragic time for friends and family. I played with Illandis and was nothing short of impressed in the amount of heart and dedication that he gave in everything he did. He has always had my respect. He displayed his heart and determination to the fullest when he saved his little brother from the fire that took him. He woke up his little brother but by then the fire was so hott that it was burning him. He couldnt make it to the door but instead made it into the bathroom where he ran water to cool himself and as a means of protection from the scorching heat. The fire department took a bit too long to contain the flames. when they finally made it to Illandis he was nearly dead. He died on the way to the hospital. Illandis is a true inspiration to myself and should be for many others through his heroics. His display of courage is matched by few. Plz keep his friends and family in your prayers as they morn for their Loss.

Illandis Smith who played Football at Crockett County from 2001-2005 died over the past weekend in a house fire. This is a tragic time for friends and family. I played with Illandis and was nothing short of impressed in the amount of heart and dedication that he gave in everything he did. He has always had my respect. He displayed his heart and determination to the fullest when he saved his little brother from the fire that took him. He woke up his little brother but by then the fire was so hott that it was burning him. He couldnt make it to the door but instead made it into the bathroom where he ran water to cool himself and as a means of protection from the scorching heat. The fire department took a bit too long to contain the flames. when they finally made it to Illandis he was nearly dead. He died on the way to the hospital. Illandis is a true inspiration to myself and should be for many others through his heroics. His display of courage is matched by few. Plz keep his friends and family in your prayers as they morn for their Loss.

WOW!!..haven't heard of this prayers from GC!