Cloudland/Jellico

Bluengoldblood

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And why was Cloudland so dominate for SO long . They had less kids than anyone. I do agree that good programs with more kids are at an advantage. On the other hand ,if you don't have solid Coaching and build a good program ,it don't matter how many kids you have.

I think you are overdoing it to say Hampton has twice the kids of these other schools.

My opinion Mark Byrd, a monster line and some other good players had a lot to do with it. Put Byrd on any team and they are instant contenders. Coaching is very important it can win the close games. But when teams are blowing other teams out it has a lot to do with athletes. The more athletes you have the better opportunity you have to succeed. I think Hampton has an excellent coaching second to none but to compete for state titles you must have many athletes. Injuries, fatigue and other circumstances come into play. For example when Cloudland ran into AE in the playoffs more atheletes no competetion.