Creek Wood Vs. David Lipscomb

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creek Wood has put themselves in a great position following the 0-2 start. The Red Hawks have won 4 in a row and last week they beat a very hungry Page bunch on the road in a place that's always tough to play.

Lipscomb is Lipscomb PERIOD!!! The Mustangs loss to Goodpasture may be the best thing that ever happened to them because now I feel that they may take some anger out on anyone and everyone.

DL: 28

CW: 7

Creek Wood has put themselves in a great position following the 0-2 start. The Red Hawks have won 4 in a row and last week they beat a very hungry Page bunch on the road in a place that's always tough to play.

Lipscomb is Lipscomb PERIOD!!! The Mustangs loss to Goodpasture may be the best thing that ever happened to them because now I feel that they may take some anger out on anyone and everyone.

DL: 28

CW: 7

big country, i know you think DL will win this one, but do you think that creek wood could give them a run for their money???

big country, i know you think DL will win this one, but do you think that creek wood could give them a run for their money???

Creek Wood doesn't have to play in fear of anyone. I believe they can compete in this one. Playing at home will be a huge lift, or should be, for the Red Hawks who are rolling right now. Creek Wood must find a way to run the football and keep Lipscomb's offense off of the field. If they can come out and control the clock by running the football then yes they can beat Lipscomb. If they are unable to run it and Dollard & Co. are put in third and long situations where the Red Hawks have to get into a serious passing mode then this is when Lipscomb will force almost anyone they play to turn it over like 5-6 times and win going away.

I look for a close one early on but once Lipscomb gets a 21-7 lead going into the fourth and makes Creek Wood start slinging it around the yard this is when they'll get a turnover and run it out adding another score in the process. There's the reasoning behind my pick buddy!!!!

If Creek Wood can keep the ball and run it right at the Mustangs then it's going to be hard for those Lipscomb offensive playmakers to do much of anything standing on the sidelines right?????? That's the key for the Red Hawks going into this one IMO.

Creek Wood doesn't have to play in fear of anyone. I believe they can compete in this one. Playing at home will be a huge lift, or should be, for the Red Hawks who are rolling right now. Creek Wood must find a way to run the football and keep Lipscomb's offense off of the field. If they can come out and control the clock by running the football then yes they can beat Lipscomb. If they are unable to run it and Dollard & Co. are put in third and long situations where the Red Hawks have to get into a serious passing mode then this is when Lipscomb will force almost anyone they play to turn it over like 5-6 times and win going away.

I look for a close one early on but once Lipscomb gets a 21-7 lead going into the fourth and makes Creek Wood start slinging it around the yard this is when they'll get a turnover and run it out adding another score in the process. There's the reasoning behind my pick buddy!!!!

If Creek Wood can keep the ball and run it right at the Mustangs then it's going to be hard for those Lipscomb offensive playmakers to do much of anything standing on the sidelines right?????? That's the key for the Red Hawks going into this one IMO.

you sound like a nfl anlysis talkin bout peyton manning, the best way to win is keep him off the field. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> i hope cw can pound the ball and chew up yards, but if they cant i sure hope they figure out how tho pass the ball. if they cant run the ball, they are gonna have to do somethin different. Dollard and his WR's need to step it up this week. also if cw does have to pass it their offensive line will have to give dollard time to throw the ball.

you sound like a nfl anlysis talkin bout peyton manning, the best way to win is keep him off the field. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> i hope cw can pound the ball and chew up yards, but if they cant i sure hope they figure out how tho pass the ball. if they cant run the ball, they are gonna have to do somethin different. Dollard and his WR's need to step it up this week. also if cw does have to pass it their offensive line will have to give dollard time to throw the ball.

The first two times CW played Lipscomb all the players were worried knowing that these guys were supposed to be one of the best private schools in the state..... Knowone can win a game when they are worried about the outcome... Definitely, in 2005 we came out and got dominated bc we had it in our heads that they were better than us.... Cw cannot do this... They have to put the bullseye on DL and go after them... It wont be easy, but the players need to understand they can win.... Dont give in bc DL is a private school or because their school is so prestigious!!!! Put all that junk aside and go play the game and hope for the best..

Everyone must do their own job in order for CW to win this game!!!!!

DL is one of the most fundementally sound teams in the state and you cannot afford to make mistakes against them,bc they rarely make mistakes....

Cw must leave everything they have on the field to get the W!!!! But the players need to concentrate on having fun... I can speak from past experience bc when I played against Lipscomb I wanted to win so bad that it took the fun out of it!!!!!!

just wondering, is DL gonna have a big turnout at the game??? i know they did in 2005 at creek wood...

I don't look for a large Lipscomb crowd this week. Its the beginning of fall break and alot of people will be hitting the road. The DL crowd will be largely the family of the players plus a few hard core fans and a number of students. If the weather is good you can also expect to see Lipscomb Super Fan, the infamous Chuck Ross.

I don't look for a large Lipscomb crowd this week. Its the beginning of fall break and alot of people will be hitting the road. The DL crowd will be largely the family of the players plus a few hard core fans and a number of students. If the weather is good you can also expect to see Lipscomb Super Fan, the infamous Chuck Ross.

2005 was definitely a huge road crowd for DL.... It was supposed to be the game of the year in our region... CW was 6-0 and number 2 in the AP 3a poll and DL was right up there as well.... Thats why the crowds were so huge!!!! It was very fun for me getting to play in front of such a huge crowd!!!!