Kingston at Fulton

jacketsfan66

How does this Fulton team compare with last year's? I know they lost Rogan and their line, but they seem to be doing ok. Are they as good or has it been weak competition?

They are coming together very well. They needed to replace Rogan from a physical standpoint about as much as Catholic needed to replace Smith from a physical stanpoint. Not much; however, from a leadership perspective Rogan was it, and his were big shos to fill. Seems like Blair, Humphrey, Smith, Cobb, and Stokes are stepping up. Competition has been good. Oak Ridge got away from Stinson, and the rest of the youngsters followed suit. 1st game for a very young DL to deal with such a good OL. Tyner almost got away, but they showed some toughness getting back in, and eventually over the hump. Blasted AC by more than I thought they would, but then again AC is a real Jeckyl & Hyde this year. Blasted Morristown East 34-0, and Scott Co. 42-7 although Scott let the air out of thir own balloon on that one too. As I have said for the lat 4-5 years, this is when Fulton starts playing well (6th, 7th game), and building to the playoffs. Fulton won't be caught looking ahead to Catholic, and should win by 3 scores.

ruse?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does this Fulton team compare with last year's? I know they lost Rogan and their line, but they seem to be doing ok. Are they as good or has it been weak competition?

They also lost 5 of the front 7 on defense .. and may I add a couple 290 pounders at DT ... they have replaced them with a couple of 230 pounders .. teams have been able to get more yardage between the tackles this year .. they are no way as physical as last year on defense .. offensively they have run the ball better than I thought they would but passing is still the thing teams will need to defend the most .... Fulton is in rebuilding mode but still competing and like Ruse said getting better .. this is the time of year when they start looking better ... the thing is aside from Catholic ..I havent seen any teams in 3A that seem to be up this year ... 3A may be weaker in this part of state then it has been in last say 5 to 6 years ... I think it will be Catholic or Fulton playing somebody in middle Tn for the right to go to Murfreesboro ... Pearl Cohn lost alot but seems to be doing OK ... I havent kept up with that part of state much .. David Lipscomb will probabaly be back in state from opposite bracket ....

They also lost 5 of the front 7 on defense .. and may I add a couple 290 pounders at DT ... they have replaced them with a couple of 230 pounders .. teams have been able to get more yardage between the tackles this year .. they are no way as physical as last year on defense .. offensively they have run the ball better than I thought they would but passing is still the thing teams will need to defend the most .... Fulton is in rebuilding mode but still competing and like Ruse said getting better .. this is the time of year when they start looking better ... the thing is aside from Catholic ..I havent seen any teams in 3A that seem to be up this year ... 3A may be weaker in this part of state then it has been in last say 5 to 6 years ... I think it will be Catholic or Fulton playing somebody in middle Tn for the right to go to Murfreesboro ... Pearl Cohn lost alot but seems to be doing OK ... I havent kept up with that part of state much .. David Lipscomb will probabaly be back in state from opposite bracket ....

Tadvols.

I agree w/all of that. Howard, Pearl Cohn, Marshall, Giles Co., Station Camp are all good teams. Limpscomb lost to Goodpasture earlier, a team that should hook up w/Alcoa in the State game. Lipscomb did do some uncharacteristic things in that game though. Mitchell from the other side, or perhaps even Jackson South Side could prove troublesome. Not to look ahead, but next Friday looms.

ruse?

Tadvols.

I agree w/all of that. Howard, Pearl Cohn, Marshall, Giles Co., Station Camp are all good teams. Limpscomb lost to Goodpasture earlier, a team that should hook up w/Alcoa in the State game. Lipscomb did do some uncharacteristic things in that game though. Mitchell from the other side, or perhaps even Jackson South Side could prove troublesome. Not to look ahead, but next Friday looms.

ruse?

Well yea it seems we are looking ahead ... Kingston is good enough to beat Fulton if Fulton lays a EGG ... the best thing about the guys from Fulton is that they dont care who they are playing ... they just like to play .. they will be ready hopefully from the 1st Qtr .. Buck sometimes has to do an attitude adjustment at halftime ... if Falcons can get thru this one then the stratagy starts on the next game ... and stopping that running game and keeping from getting suckered in and try to not get a pass thrown over your head ... KC tries to lull ya to sleep and then pop but you have to stop the run first or they will just keep running it till you stop it .... now thats a game where the Falcon defense will have to SHOW UP to have a chance ... Ruse ..you seem to know an awful lot about Fulton .. are you from K town ?? do you see them practice any ?? I try to get by to watch them during the week ...

Could happen if Falcons dont play well ... Fulton is not as talented as in years past. Good luck to Kingston after tonight !!! Im picking Falcons ..... too much speed ... SPEED Kills !!!! Both teams 5-1 ... Falcons 40 - Kingston 13.

Well I was a little bit off ... 34 - 2 ... I gave too much credit to the Yellow Jackets ... as I said SPEED KILLS ... getting serious ..Kingston came ready to play Falcons did not ... Kingston crouded the line and stopped running game of Fulton ... blitzed and made some good plays ..Fulton OL couldnt get all of em blocked in the running game ... it may have been just too many people coming??? But when you do that you become vulnerable somewhere else and thats what happened Falcons hit some big plays with the SPEED ... there were some good licks in the game some bone jarring hits from number 12 for Fulton on a couple of Kingston players and a couple hard hits from Kingston players too ... croud was laid back like the team at Fulton ... they must have been looking ahead .... both teams got tough games ahead Fulton with Catholic and AE back to back and Kingston has Scott, Catholic and AE ... wing T seems to give Fulton trouble because the players want to do their own thing and not stay at home .. and Catholic will run it twice as good as Kingston ..so Fulton has work to do .. maybe some back to fundamentals this week at Fulton practice would be good ..a little one on one down and dirty ..because if Fulton does not somewhat come close to the physical play that Catholic will bring then it will be a long night next week .... come on Falcons lets take the challenge !!!!