Top 5 teams DI and DII

Dragon Fly

I've been taking a close look at last season's state tournament results and I'd like to change my predictions a little. I might have ranked Red Bank too high, Clarksville too low, etc.

Anyway, this should do it for my final pre-season predictions:

1) Bradley

Returns three state champions (counting David Mang), a 3rd place finisher, and some others that were close. I expect they'll be adding a lot of talent.

2) Franklin

Returns five medalists...good medalists

3) Ooltewah

Returns two champs, a 6th place finisher, and a 6th place finisher from 2006. Have been getting better and better.

4) Soddy Daisy

A finalist, two 5th placers, one near-medalist, and an apparent middle school stud (Gardner)

5) Ravenwood

Returns a 3rd place, a 4th place, and a 5th from 2006. Returns more who were close. Getting better each year.

6) Clarksville

Had a lot of good wrestlers, but I'm not sure if all are returning. I know a few of them are.

After this the lines begin to blur

7) Notre Dame

Two medalists returning, plus this team is consistently good.

8) Cleveland

Returns state champ J-bo and many who have been competing on the national level over the summer. And their Higher Calling club is hardcore. I'm still mostly speculating, but they look promising this year.

9) Red Bank

Finished a solid 13th and only lost one medalist. The younger Tolbert could be tough. Strong dual team last year.

10) Greeneville

Have been tough recently, returning two 4th place medalists plus some others who are good.

Next 20 (no particular order):

Tullahoma

Brentwood

Greenback

Independence

Kenwood

Maryville

Science Hill

Collierville

Overton

Cordova

My division II list remains the same as always

D-II seems to have tougher teams than D-I this year.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last Years Results /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

1. Soddy Daisy(Win 35-23)

2. Bradley(Lost 23-35)

3. Ooltewah(Win 34-28)

4. Clarksville(Loss 28-34)

Tie 5th Greeneville(Beat Tullahoma Earlier In The Season By 19 I Think)

Tie 5th Tullahoma

One Match Away: Science Hill(Lost To Greeneville), Ravenwood(Lost To Tullahoma)

Two Matches Away: Maryville(Lost To Science Hill), Collierville(Lost To Greeneville), Franklin(Lost To Ravenwood), and Hendersonville(Lost To Tullahoma)

Cleveland and Ooltewah are in a tough spot every year considering they always have to wrestle each other to see who can go to the Duals. Bradley, Soddy, Red Bank, Cleveland, and Ooltewah cannot all make it to the duals. 3 is the magic number.

Because when Hendersonville had Bundy, Perry, Dobbs, Treloar, Carter, and a good 119 and 140 (don't know their names) they still weren't in the top 20. It was surprising to me; they won their invitational and beat Franklin in a dual but didn't as good at state. So I have to look at past evidence here.