top teams in district 11 A for 07-08

utladyvols18

Great analysis, as usual. Santa Fe should finish 2nd and will play Richland within 10 points each game. Moore County will be third with the possibility of Huntland jumping Cornersville for 4th. The best chance for anyone in the district to beat Richland will be a "one and done" game such as in a tournament. Don't count Cornersville out of any "one and done" game. They have a crafty coach.

I saw the small printed schedule today for Richland this year. I hope they have other games scheduled against tougher teams. They play Collinwood, and Dear Abby (ha ha), in February but no Wayne County or Summertown. What is up?

There is allot of great players in the state but I do not think anyone has 5 as strong top to bottom as Richland. The bench will be the question mark. Will Glidden be able the withstand the beatings she seems to take each year? Will Duke reach her potential? Will all 5 starters stay on the team? Rumors fly weekly about players leaving. The most experienced bench players will be Brewer and Darnell. Neither played as much as they should have the last 2 years so that lack of experience could hurt. However, both have allot to offer. Little #10 had some great showings last year but is still very inexperienced.

Scouting report. You know what to expect from Bell and Glidden; Double Double every night. Horn should be even better than last year and Pierce has unlimited potential. The key to how far this team goes will be Jasmine "The Diesel" Duke. Glidden and Bell will have 20 points a night. If Duke plays as well as I know she can, this team will be hard to stop.

My advise to Richland: Do not worry about winning 30 games this year. Go 9 to 10 deep giving the starters some breathers and the bench some playing time. If not, they will be worn out come tourney time like they were last year.

In conclusion: Glidden, Bell and Duke should all receive Ms. Basketball looks. Any one of these 3 could win it, although Ms. Andrews of Collinwood may be the front runner. The biggest problem Richland will face this year is playing in BY FAR the toughest Region in the state. It will be hard to get out of region again this year.

Richland Rules.

District 11A

1. Richland - The Lady Raiders enter this season as the team to beat out of what will be a tougher District 11A. Returning is a superb all around go-to player in Rachel Glidden and a trio of tough interior players in Bell, Duke, and Horn. This team has the guard play to match its inside play, which puts it slightly ahead of the other teams in the district.

2. Santa Fe - The Lady Wildcats return their three leading scorers from a year ago in Gardner, White, and Sewell. The inside post tandem of Gardner and White is easily the best in Region 6A. However, as has been the case in year's past, what will determine how far this team gets is their guards' ability to handle pressure, both in terms of strong defensive pressure and big game situations. Depth could be an issue if any of the big three names listed above get in foul trouble.

3. Moore County - The Raiderettes hold on to this third spot simply because they return the most athletic player in the district in Vanessa Pincheon. While she is returning, Moore County lost most of the rest of its team from last season. However, just when it may seem that this team is down and out, they welcome in a very strong Freshman class (it is debatable whether their's or Cornersville's is better), including a future stud in the post (who will be depended on greatly this season I assume) and some very capable guards. As stated above, the biggest question mark is the new coach, Holly White. Is she actually coaching this team or is she just someone who stands on the sidelines while the real coaching comes from elsewhere?

4. Cornersville - The Lady Bulldogs return a solid nucleus of players from last season and appear to be a very quick, hard working, and streaky-shooting group of girls. They are relatively deep thanks in part to a strong Freshman class that includes such players as Haley Fagan and Sara Nelms, both of whom will be depended on for some quality minutes. Cornersville should give Moore County all they want for that third spot.

5. Columbia Academy - The Lady Bulldogs return four seniors this season, all of whom saw significant minutes last year. If Holmes can run the team successfully from the point and Pinkston and develop into some kind of a pressence in the post, then CA could find themselves in this fifth spot. Unfortunately, I do not believe they have enough to come close to any of the four above them.

6. Huntland - The Lady Hornets return a very young squad this year that does have some talent. However, there is not enough talent here to compete with any of the big four teams. Despite this, Huntland always finds a way to give one of the top teams in the district a scare and there is no reason to think they will not do so at least once this season either. They could very easily take over the fifth spot from Columbia Academy.

7. Culleoka - The good news for the Lady Warriors is that they return everyone from last year's team except their former coach's daughter. The bad news is that they are still very young and not very good. Hopefully, the new coach will be able to develop these girls and get them out of the basement of District 11A.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great analysis, as usual. Santa Fe should finish 2nd and will play Richland within 10 points each game. Moore County will be third with the possibility of Huntland jumping Cornersville for 4th. The best chance for anyone in the district to beat Richland will be a "one and done" game such as in a tournament. Don't count Cornersville out of any "one and done" game. They have a crafty coach.

I saw the small printed schedule today for Richland this year. I hope they have other games scheduled against tougher teams. They play Collinwood, and Dear Abby (ha ha), in February but no Wayne County or Summertown. What is up?

There is allot of great players in the state but I do not think anyone has 5 as strong top to bottom as Richland. The bench will be the question mark. Will Glidden be able the withstand the beatings she seems to take each year? Will Duke reach her potential? Will all 5 starters stay on the team? Rumors fly weekly about players leaving. The most experienced bench players will be Brewer and Darnell. Neither played as much as they should have the last 2 years so that lack of experience could hurt. However, both have allot to offer. Little #10 had some great showings last year but is still very inexperienced.

Scouting report. You know what to expect from Bell and Glidden; Double Double every night. Horn should be even better than last year and Pierce has unlimited potential. The key to how far this team goes will be Jasmine "The Diesel" Duke. Glidden and Bell will have 20 points a night. If Duke plays as well as I know she can, this team will be hard to stop.

My advise to Richland: Do not worry about winning 30 games this year. Go 9 to 10 deep giving the starters some breathers and the bench some playing time. If not, they will be worn out come tourney time like they were last year.

In conclusion: Glidden, Bell and Duke should all receive Ms. Basketball looks. Any one of these 3 could win it, although Ms. Andrews of Collinwood may be the front runner. The biggest problem Richland will face this year is playing in BY FAR the toughest Region in the state. It will be hard to get out of region again this year.

Richland Rules.

Roper has been away so long he does'nt even know who plays for Richland. Brewer has not been out since the last game of last season. Her Decision. Darnell may be out for weeks with a stress fracture. Most of the girls that play soccer have refused to condition and lift weights or come to open gym. So who knows what may happen.

No doubt Glidden, Bell, Duke and Horn are the top 4 players in D11 but you are supposed to play with 5 last I checked. Coach Hall has many tough decisions in the weeks ahead. Not to mention you get 14 calendar days to prepare for the first game of the season.

Roper has been away so long he does'nt even know who plays for Richland. Brewer has not been out since the last game of last season. Her Decision. Darnell may be out for weeks with a stress fracture. Most of the girls that play soccer have refused to condition and lift weights or come to open gym. So who knows what may happen.

OOO..BURN haha... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

No doubt Glidden, Bell, Duke and Horn are the top 4 players in D11 but you are supposed to play with 5 last I checked. Coach Hall has many tough decisions in the weeks ahead. Not to mention you get 14 calendar days to prepare for the first game of the season.

Thanks 4 the update. YES, since my wife has left the school i have not kept close tabs. Sorry to hear about Brewer. I think she could have helped the team. Darnell may have been a question mark too cause she has not played much. She had allot of potential that has been wasted. Pierce should be #5 in the starting lineup. Although she may decide to put all her efforts into softball. She is a good softball player. I think she would make a great point guard.

It will be tough for Glidden to hold up to being point guard and high scorer. But if anyone can she can.

The soccer player's decisions reflect on the coaching. I heard both assistants left, but i am not for sure. Hope he can pull it together. Without an experienced bench, it will be tough to get past region. I guess we will see how good Hall can coach.

Good luck Richland.

I assume you are talking about macenze white? no that is not due to disciplinary reasons, she didnt play volleyball because of the coach. They did not lose here she will be playing and will be looking better than ever. count on it.

That is not what I have heard!! Why is she not in school and will not return until 11/16 oh the 1st game. Is it alternative school that she has been at???

That is not what I have heard!! Why is she not in school and will not return until 11/16 oh the 1st game. Is it alternative school that she has been at???

IF she is not in school, how will she be eligible to play on the 16th. Please give any information you may know for sure. That would be a major hit to possible the 2nd best team in this district.

no she is not in alternative school, she had been however under homebound for a while do to a private matter, she is returning off of homebound wednesday of this week. i am a close CLOSE friend of macenze white and she will be playing, and she is eligible to play.

So you are saying she was homebound do to a private matter, well if you are a close friend then you also know what really happened and it was not her decision to leave school and you should not be making it look like she did nothing wrong, when the rules in the policy statement state the punishment for what she had done "should be suspension to the Alternative School for a period of not less than one (1) calendar year. The Director of Schools/designee shall have the authority to modify this suspension requirement on a case by-case basis." I guess the later one worked for her cause she is a good ball player. I am wondering if just anyone would get the special treatment??

So you are saying she was homebound do to a private matter, well if you are a close friend then you also know what really happened and it was not her decision to leave school and you should not be making it look like she did nothing wrong, when the rules in the policy statement state the punishment for what she had done "should be suspension to the Alternative School for a period of not less than one (1) calendar year. The Director of Schools/designee shall have the authority to modify this suspension requirement on a case by-case basis." I guess the later one worked for her cause she is a good ball player. I am wondering if just anyone would get the special treatment??

I am not sure of the situation that is going on; however, I do know that people around the district have been talking about different things that have happened. I have heard from volleyball parents, playday gossip, etc. I am just trying to find some truth. If this is true about special treatment, I can't believe the parents of players and other students aren't raising a bigger fuss. For White, I hope she gets the opportunity to display her talent; owever, only if it is justifiable.

Most of the atheletes that have played against Macenze White know that she is Type I Diabetic and has been since she was 11 years old. Macenze wears a Diabetic pump that looks like a pager that is connected to her stomach to give her insulin . She was in Vanderbilt hospital in April for out of control bloodsugar and was told to carry her meds with her at all times. She also keeps these meds in the office too, but carries them with her like the doctors told her to do. On September 20th, she was turned in by a classmate for having drugs in her purse!!!! The Principal Mrs. Cook and the SRO Officer found in her purse Insulin, Glugagon (to use in case of Insulin Shock) and 1 Lortab tablet (she had the prescription for the Lortab, because of a bulging disc in her back and under going physical therapy) Because of the NO TOLERANCE rule Macenze had to go to Alterntive School at College Hill for 45 days. She didn't realize that she was commiting an "offense" for something she needed on a daily basis to live. Kids with "heavier offenses" have left after only 10 days, but Macenze was still there. I think if you look real close you'll find that she got "no" special treatment, it was just the reverse. Obviously, you've investigated why Macenze was there, and you would like her to stay the whole "calendar year" as you quoted from the "handbook". You will find that only about six kids in Maury County have ever went the "calendar year" and that would be hard core kids (gang)!!! She has missed some basketball practices, but Coach Potts has made sure, she stays in shape and will have to make them up. Macenze has to set out the first two games, that's his rule. She also missed having her senior picture made with the rest of her class, that was hard for her. And many other things she would have enjoyed being a SENIOR and her last year of school at Santa Fe, but somebody wanted to see what she had in her purse!!!!! The question was about what the teams are gonna to do in the district this season , but someone wanted to "bring in" Macenze White. [/font]