7AAA Girls Basketball

PHargis

Cason from Siegel is really coming along quickly. Her numbers Tuesday were great for anybody, especially a freshman. 16pts 10assts 3 steals & drew 3 charges.

You are absolutely correct. Time will take care of the maturity needed to play point as she sometimes tries to make a play without the play being there. She is doing very good and with the injuries on this team and the foul trouble, the freshmen and sophmores will get plenty of opportunity to help out.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are absolutely correct. Time will take care of the maturity needed to play point as she sometimes tries to make a play without the play being there. She is doing very good and with the injuries on this team and the foul trouble, the freshmen and sophmores will get plenty of opportunity to help out.

Lebanon leads Warren County 28-17 at the half.

good game tonight by my LADY WARRIORS...the game was tied at halftime (that is when i got there)but in the 3rd we exploded to at least a 10 oint lead and maintained that lead for most of the game i will say that blackman girls have improved over the last few years we had some "adversity"in the game and the girls was able to fight through it and maintain a good lead...morgan i am proud of your imprvement the past few games after the brentwood academy game you was down on yourself i told you that you would be OK and I WAS RIGHT LOL I knew the type player you are and that the double double you had would not be repeated LOL good job

Spurlock good job taking up for your teammate tonight torward the end of the game i like to see the fight as long as it doenst get us into trouble LOL

Tonite, before a packed house of an estimated 2500 +, another Battle of the BORO occured between the Siegel and Oakland and this one like many others was textbook. The game on the floor was great but the way two of the finest coaches in 7AAA worked their benches and the players on the floor and the way the players responded, made this a typical game between these two teams. While the game started out slowly, Siegel in the end pulled out a 53-43 win. Oakland was led by King with 14 and Roper with 11. Siegel, playing the first game without Allison Wright, started slowly, but was led by Morgan Faulkner with 17 and Claire Waggoner with 13. Everyone who played scored on both teams. This game finishes up the District games before Christmas and now most of the teams are playing in Tournaments during the Holidays.

In addition to the games, halftime entertainment was provided by the Great Siegel Dance Team, THE HALFTIMERS, who put on a show which was worth the price of admission to the game in itself. The game was started by a large group of Singers from the Siegel Chorus which gave a rousing rendition of the Nation Anthem and a more rousing and very emothional response from the Oakland cheering section of "USA, USA, USA,USA" and this poster knew the BORO was alive and in true tradition, this would be another pair of games it would remember. These games certainily events fans will remember a long time. This poster was glad he was there and was a part of it.

[/size]

what's up with the referees at the white co. vs cookeville game. it was obvious that they favored cookeville. the bald referee was unbelievable. it was like he had freshly green lined pockets!

In a hotly contested game in Sparta, Cookeville won over White County in a game that had been predicted to be close by the score of 57-46.

Injury update: After talking to the family tonite, Allison Wright came thru the surgery perfectly. It was a broken collarbone and was done by a surgeon with Burton Elrod in Nashville. Healing is not an exact science but estimates of conditioning of this well conditioned athlete can begin in a very few weeks and return to play is estimated during this season. Nothing else can be more specific. As with all injuries during a season, it will be a time of mood changes and wanting to get back but patience will be a virtue in this recovery and her time of return, according to the family, is only when she and her doctor determine the time is right. We all wish AW a quick recovery from the fans and players in 7AAA.

Cason from Siegel is really coming along quickly. Her numbers Tuesday were great for anybody, especially a freshman. 16pts 10assts 3 steals & drew 3 charges.

This is a talented freshman that is playing one or two years, experience wise. She and most of her freshman counterparts at Siegel do participate in Basketball in the summer that mostly add one to two years grade level in basketball to their play. That and being thrust in to the middle of a tough predistrict schedule which was also eye opening and three District games, have made them grow up a little faster and at times have added a few gray hairs to the coaching staff but that is the way of High School Basketball.