7AAA Girls Basketball

PHargis

would like to give riverdale a hand they shot lights out on white co last nite but white co was in the game all nite if white co got a few calls there way score would have been different.but thats the way the ball bounces. second half of district will be interesting. riverdale leads off with cookeville. white co has siegel.

Refs are always gonna miss a few im neutral usually but they were not very good at all,with this said though riverdale played to me close to perfect shot 80 percent 1st half 60 i believe for the game,wc girls played with alot of heart it was a good girls game good luck2 all.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while their were some calls both ways that neither team agreed with which happens in every basketball game i thought the ref overall (even in boys game) they did a good job i thought at times they let em play but then called a ticky tack foul but overall i thought they did a good job and didnt effect the outcome of the game

yeah i agree!!!!

Refs are always gonna miss a few im neutral usually but they were not very good at all,with this said though riverdale played to me close to perfect shot 80 percent 1st half 60 i believe for the game,wc girls played with alot of heart it was a good girls game good luck2 all.

Well 60% is good enough to win every time in 7AAA. Either no defense inside or with all of the threes, the defense outside was porous. Since WC played LHS last and packed in to the goal, my guess is WC was going to let the threes beat them and it did. Tough to second guess any strategy but ............... RD is good enough not to give them anything if you can.

Well 60% is good enough to win every time in 7AAA. Either no defense inside or with all of the threes, the defense outside was porous. Since WC played LHS last and packed in to the goal, my guess is WC was going to let the threes beat them and it did. Tough to second guess any strategy but ...............

Actually played more man then anything they worked worked worked til they got an open shot and buried it 5 of 6 1st quarter.

PHargis I know you try to be extra positive, but the game at Lebanon tonight was not closer than the score indicates. Faulkner and Cason had Siegel in control from the end of the 1st quarter on. Lebanon led 7-2 and then Siegel went on a 19-3 run to go up 21-10 and led by 9 at the half. Lebanon scored the first 5 points of the 2nd half to cut the lead to 4, but from that point on Siegel pulled away and lead by double digits the rest of the way. To their credit Lebanon continued to battle, but they never threatened Siegel in the 4th quarter. Lebanon was without Jasmin Brooks, who hurt her knee in the 1st quarter of the Riverdale game on Tuesday. Without Brooks the Devilettes have made 45 turnovers in the past 2 games. Shay Coggins has stepped in to take Brooks' place, but her injury is definitely a blow to Lebanon's chances to win the district. It is not known how long Brooks will be out. However, I'm sure Coach Brown will make some adjustments as they move ahead to put his team in the best position he can, under the current circumstances, to win. As for Siegel, Faulkner was very impressive not only with her scoring, but with her court awareness and savy, which were apparent. Cason, just a freshmen, was also very impressive with her speed, quickness and ballhandling. She is definitely a game changer. Overall, Siegel is obviously well coached and has solid, but not spectacular, post play to go along with their outstanding guards. They should be able to challenge for the district championship, especially if they get Allison Wright back at full speed. After seeing them it is hard to understand how they could get blown out like they did against Blackman, but hey it's a crazy game sometimes.

Bad, after reading my response, there are a few players that needed recognition that this poster did not recognize. Cason, a freshman, is a very good player and one that will be extremely good in the future. In some catagories, she will rewrite Siegels girls records but she is a freshman and that is important to realize. Burns is a junior and is a two sport player and a very good defensive player. One player continues to plug and her effort is appreciated, is Allison Wright's sister Bethany. She is a very good role player that plays all phases of the game when she enters the game and has really filled the need when "older sister" was hurt. She is a two sport player also. Johnson is another player that is a freshman that has played a lot during this time and very good. It is obvious this poster is missing numerous other freshman players , all of which have had to fill numerous roles during this time. They are getting valuable "play time" at this time.

Bad, Darin Brown substitutes in waves and plays a lot of players. That seems to be a trademark of his coaching. Dressing out 16 players, he will get a lot of experience from substituting that many times.

I'm White county all the way. But beating Dekalb 57-13 ? We could have cleared the bench in the 2nd quarter. I am pretty sure coach H didn't do that on purpose but that score might be a little overboard. Now if that was Riverdale or Shelbyville on the other end of that score. LOL.

When Haley did finally clear his bench in the 4th quarter. I was amazed with the young talent he has on that bench. Probably starting next year White county girs are going to be a huge force to reckon with.

When Haley did finally clear his bench in the 4th quarter. I was amazed with the young talent he has on that bench. Probably starting next year White county girs are going to be a huge force to reckon with.

So bird...what you are saying is that when the Jr. class is gone. then Sparta might have a huge force? well i guess time will tell. If that was true then use that bench now in these tough games and not just these real easy ones.