7AAA Girls Basketball

PHargis

I did understand the sarcasm, litebrown. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> I know you guys were just talking about how much Brown has done for the program. I hope I didn't come off as rude, I was not in any way trying to be negative. I was full of so much pride in those kids, and that program, and that school when I wrote that post. It makes me smile just thinking about it. If you've been around for a while, you knew where the program came from, where it had gotten to a few years ago, and to get to this point this year is a huge accomplishment for the kids.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to say but we arent talking about "RICK INSELL" we are talking about DARRIEN BROWN at this moment in time, and what he has done with the devilettes in 2 years.

Yes the talk is Darian Brown and the Lebanon Blue Devils and hopefully this year is the beginning of many more to come. Congrats Devils on a great year! Each and everyone should be proud!

Nice Statement above about the Coach of the Century, Decade.

I did understand the sarcasm, litebrown. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> I know you guys were just talking about how much Brown has done for the program. I hope I didn't come off as rude, I was not in any way trying to be negative. I was full of so much pride in those kids, and that program, and that school when I wrote that post. It makes me smile just thinking about it. If you've been around for a while, you knew where the program came from, where it had gotten to a few years ago, and to get to this point this year is a huge accomplishment for the kids.

i totally understand blueblooded. seems like your a big lebanon fan, i am to i love lebanon basketball. you are one person here who really knows lebanon basketball.

Yes the talk is Darian Brown and the Lebanon Blue Devils and hopefully this year is the beginning of many more to come. Congrats Devils on a great year! Each and everyone should be proud!

Nice Statement above about the Coach of the Century, Decade.

alot of people are proud of these ladys, i am a big fan. Coach Brown will always be Coach of the Year, Decade, and century(whatever you all want to call him) to me in my own opinion

Our region winner went down to Oak Ridge. Congrats to Shelbyville for a great season. This poster really cannot believe that Shelbyville is out. Oak Ridge must be a great team.

They are very good. Very quick and really put on a lot of defensive pressure. Shelbyville had 22 turnovers. They have an excellent guard, Jones, that gave Shelbyville fits. I think Wilson Central will also have a tough time handling their pressure as well. From what I saw they are the favorites to win the gold ball.

Our region winner went down to Oak Ridge. Congrats to Shelbyville for a great season. This poster really cannot believe that Shelbyville is out. Oak Ridge must be a great team.

"PHargis", I just want to take a minute and thank you and everyone else , who took the time and posted on this thread this year. As always, "PHargis" started this thread , as he should, because in my opinon, the man knows 7aaa girls basketball !!!! Until next year this is " 14pioneer" aka the "swami" signing off !!! Good-bye everybody !!!

"PHargis", I just want to take a minute and thank you and everyone else , who took the time and posted on this thread this year. As always, "PHargis" started this thread , as he should, because in my opinon, the man knows 7aaa girls basketball !!!! Until next year this is " 14pioneer" aka the "swami" signing off !!! Good-bye everybody !!!

14, this poster thanks you for the acknowledgement. But since kudos are going out, its very likely that others needed to be acknowledged also. Thirty nine thousamd views in 5 months is a lot of fans looking in to a thread. But the reason they are has to do with a number of people. The Principals in 7AAA put on a great product. They require a production every time a game is played. The talent exhibited before the games is very good. some ofthe most stirring renditions of the National Anthem by individuals and Corale Groups many times made the skin tingle. Exhibiting the students and their talents is outstanding. These administrators are great people and know what and how to put on presentations.

The coaches and asst coaches from every school know what it takes to make things interesting. There are some of the best in this District. But the things that really make the presentations great are the players who really display the skills that bring the fans back for another look. These players, many who have been recognized in this thread, know how to play the game and represent their schools. They are the student athletes that represent the sport to their community and are recognizable everytime someone enters into a game.

But there are other things that kept the interest in the games. This thread was full of different senarios that represented the State in the things that were happening to the different schools and these were things that each district could relate to because there were schools that had those same situations as the ones here. Who could not remember 3 years ago when Lebanon High Schools girls team was on a lowrung of the latter with no where to go and made some dramatic decisions to change their direction and this year made it to the Regionals. Now that was a story with all of its ramifications. And how about a continuing story about my favorite school system, Warren County, who has had problems with their record for the past few years and is trying to work their way back to not only a winning record but the State Tournament and what they have gone thru. What a Story. And what about the story of tradition rich White County, scratching and clawing along with a much improved team from Blackman who made a run the last of the year but fell a little short of region but certainly have great hopes for next year. And then a great story of a fine team from Riverdale with a Coach with great expectations, Coach Burt who had just come off of winning the State AAA Tournament the year before and was taking a shot at winning it again this year only to fall short. And then who can forget a Cinderella team Siegel High school who for two years has mad it to the regionals and because of injuries and graduatuion, started out slowly and finished up the season in the regionals.

There were other stories but the things this poster can remember 4 years ago was the attendance at girls games being as low as it was and then the crowd to come in at the boys games. It is obvious that has changed. The productions now being presented attracting fans, that has changed. The publicity or lack of 4 years ago to the games by the local news organizations. One could even call schools in 7AAA and ask about the games and no one could seem to know what was happening at the school that night and the same for the media. Fans like to know the games and what is coming up to make their plans and that improves attendance. Attendance has always been good in 7AAA at most schools but this year it seemed more consistant. This year most of the schools had a number of games out of state and it seemed more of these were covered better than in the past. It kept the fans up to date instead of their being dead periods for fans to become disinterested. These stories and others kept this thread hopping and kept all of those covering it hopping also no matter what the school. Cookeville was an interesting story with very likely the team with the best talent in the District some of which will carry over this next year. this school, year after year, finds very good players but has yet to find the connection of getting to the state.

So now its come to an end for this year except for a few small things. Its been a pleasure keeping up with all of these things this past year and interacting with some of the best and most knowledgable posters on this site. Some have said this poster posts too much and you are right. Some have said the posts are too long and you are right. Some have said this poster shouldget another life and you are right. Some have been critrical and have need to be. Some never paid their $12 and Coacht certainly would certainly like toi have the money sent to him ASAP. this was started out for information and because this poster had an interest in a school and a some players in a school. It's hard to post objectively when that's the case but this poster also notices thers do the same and it is just as hard. This poster really likes Siegel High School as you have seen. But thru the roses, sometimes sees the warts. This poster will again post some next year on District 7AAA, whatever its called and keep up with the things that are going on but its time to let others now tell us what is going on. OH YES, you can find me on Volleyball Girls reporting on 7AAA, what ever it will called. That is more in keeping with some future comittments I would like to have.

And as I sign off too, except for a few posts this poster may have to make, This poster now would like to recognize a player who he has followed for the past 4 years(and likely for the last 7 years). Its what hard work and love of the game will do for you, Congrats to Morgan Faulkner and a great High School Career and now we can only wait to see what happens next. thanks for all of you posters that have made this trip so enjoyable not only from the 8 schools involved but from the mysterious posts that have made life interesting and for those who looked in from all over the State. We, in the Great 7AAA, hope you enjoyed the season and the presentation.

i am soo glad morgan is gone she was a thorn in our side lol i would have loved to have her on our team she play hard and aggrressive and would have loved to see her in the red and gold

I am going to miss our SRs as well morgan i have known since she was a llittle girl (i think that was a great recruit i landed lol) she has some good brothers and parents

sheleena i have only known since christianna days and i love her intensity and hard work and defensive prowus...

each year another group of SRs come and go and each year they all bring somthing different that is what is so great about high school sports

GO LADY WARRIORS