Goodpasture @ DCA predictions !

decleater

Cleater, "me perceivith thou protest too much", especially when I mentioned what was important (and true) - DCA played poorly the game against CPA, they are better now, and so is CPA. Do you want me to say DCA is better than CPA when they lost by 16? I'm sure if DCA had won by 16, you would be posting that CPA was better, right??

Take the loss like a man and pull for your guys to prove how good they are by beating GP this week.

By the way, DCA so far has beat:

- 4 AA teams, one of which is 4-3 and the other 3 have a combined record of 7-15

- 2 A teams

- 1 Div II, Class A team with a 3-4 record

SO, you are way off criticizing CPA's competition when CPA's 3 losses (7 points, 10 points, and 17 points) have been to 3 Div II, Class AA teams with a combined record of 20-1.

Oh, and in case you forgot, CPA beat DCA, but that was a fluke, according to you. I guess GP's win this coming Friday will be a fluke, too?

One of those 2A Teams was State Runner UP last year, and the Div II went like 10-0 last year and one of the AA teams will still be in playoffs as well as contending in their region and reading thru the posts no one said CPA wasn't a great team or better than DCA, but even the mighty Tennessean headlines read "Lowrey and Weir rescued CPA"

It is a given both teams did not play their best and both are better, but come on you beat that poor start up team by65.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of those 2A Teams was State Runner UP last year, and the Div II went like 10-0 last year and one of the AA teams will still be in playoffs as well as contending in their region and reading thru the posts no one said CPA wasn't a great team or better than DCA, but even the mighty Tennessean headlines read "Lowrey and Weir rescued CPA"

It is a given both teams did not play their best and both are better, but come on you beat that poor start up team by65.

I responded to this post, part of which said ".....but that just must be CPA being great right. Also, Ezell Harding, Riverside, and FRA they are much better than they were in week 3. Its not true my friend the competition just got weaker. " So if you read that post, it says CPA is not good, but plays weak competition.

If you read my game report from the DCA/CPA game you would have read this on Sept 7:

"DCA came to play and virtually shut down CPA's run and short passing game, but turned the ball over 6 (I think) times and had a critical penalty on 4th down giving CPA a 1st down and allowing them to get out of their end of the field....This game was really closer than the score and these 2 teams are not far apart. DCA played great D, but made too many mistakes to win. CPA really never got their offense on track, had lots of penalties, but were able to make enough big plays to win."

Quit harping on the "start up team" game. They wanted to schedule us and we agreed because we couldn't fill the schedule. No one will play us in 2A. We played the 1st team about 1 1/2 quarters and eight 8th graders the whole 4th quarter. We scored 28 in the 1st, and could have scored 150 if we didn't do everything we could to hold the score down. You can accuse CPA of a lot of things, but poor sportsmanship is not one of them if you have followed football in Tennessee.

Now let's get back to talking about DCA/GP this week.

I'm ZORRO of course /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

excellent. i love zorro

I responded to this post, part of which said ".....but that just must be CPA being great right. Also, Ezell Harding, Riverside, and FRA they are much better than they were in week 3. Its not true my friend the competition just got weaker. " So if you read that post, it says CPA is not good, but plays weak competition.

If you read my game report from the DCA/CPA game you would have read this on Sept 7:

"DCA came to play and virtually shut down CPA's run and short passing game, but turned the ball over 6 (I think) times and had a critical penalty on 4th down giving CPA a 1st down and allowing them to get out of their end of the field....This game was really closer than the score and these 2 teams are not far apart. DCA played great D, but made too many mistakes to win. CPA really never got their offense on track, had lots of penalties, but were able to make enough big plays to win."

Quit harping on the "start up team" game. They wanted to schedule us and we agreed because we couldn't fill the schedule. No one will play us in 2A. We played the 1st team about 1 1/2 quarters and eight 8th graders the whole 4th quarter. We scored 28 in the 1st, and could have scored 150 if we didn't do everything we could to hold the score down. You can accuse CPA of a lot of things, but poor sportsmanship is not one of them if you have followed football in Tennessee.

We can reply to any post, partial or complete, that we wish too. We can also have the opinion that 65-0 for a "start up team" is ridiculous. We never accused CPA of anything or used the words "poor sportmanship" those are YOUR words, so are you implying the score was poor sportsmanship??? And, for your information we have followed football in Tennessee for MANY, MANY years. ANd,you first interjected CPA into this thread. Now, anything else.

We can reply to any post, partial or complete, that we wish too. We can also have the opinion that 65-0 for a "start up team" is ridiculous. We never accused CPA of anything or used the words "poor sportmanship" those are YOUR words, so are you implying the score was poor sportsmanship??? And, for your information we have followed football in Tennessee for MANY, MANY years. ANd,you first interjected CPA into this thread. Now, anything else.

Yes, something else:

-- "We can reply to any post, partial or complete, that we wish too." Show me where I said you couldn't. You started the stuff about our game against the "startup team", and moved the thread to a discussion about that.

-- "We can also have the opinion that 65-0 for a "start up team" is ridiculous. We never accused CPA of anything or used the words "poor sportmanship"" Well, you posted: "but come on you beat that poor start up team by65." Is that not an accusation? I explained that game and the situation. What is the appropriate score you would dictate for us to beat someone? Please let all the CoachT readers know your wisdom about an appropriate score, so their team won't be criticized. After all, you did beat that "poor FRA team" by 42-0. Why didn't you cut it off at 30-0?

-- "And, for your information we have followed football in Tennessee for MANY, MANY years." Well, maybe so, but here is your CoachT profile:

Group: Members

So, you have been following from a distance as far as CoachT. But I welcome you to the discussion.

-- "ANd,you first interjected CPA into this thread. " As you said above:"We can reply to any post, partial or complete, that we wish too." Yes, as a Region 5AA fan, I responded to the thread with a prediction of the DCA/GP game based on CPA's game with DCA that I saw. DCA fan Decleater went ballistic and started criticizing CPA because I stated the fact that they beat DCA.

Anything else, or can we get back to the original thread that I first responded to with a prediction that GP wins 35-21. And I repeat, I like and respect both teams, coaches, and schools.

Goodpasture wins this one by 20 or more.

Last year was suppose to be a close game and Goodpasture wins 62-7.

The year before at DCA was a little closer 38-10.

Anything can happen in high school football but I think this one

stays close till 2nd quarter and GP pulls away.

GP will still have to get by 5A Coffee County and CPA last game of the season.

One game at a time and this week it is DCA.

Prediction:

Goodpasture 48

DCA 28

It was a good whupping last year, again though, it was last year. I think DCA may have closed the gap some. I think DCA is better than CPA, they just find ways to lose to them. One thing for sure, we will find out how good DCA is! We know Goodpasture is a good team, having said that, I predict DCA 28-Goodpasture 24. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think Goodpasture will pound lumps on CPA when they get to them. CPA has two guys, thats it!

Yes, something else:

-- "We can reply to any post, partial or complete, that we wish too." Show me where I said you couldn't. You started the stuff about our game against the "startup team", and moved the thread to a discussion about that.

-- "We can also have the opinion that 65-0 for a "start up team" is ridiculous. We never accused CPA of anything or used the words "poor sportmanship"" Well, you posted: "but come on you beat that poor start up team by65." Is that not an accusation? I explained that game and the situation. What is the appropriate score you would dictate for us to beat someone? Please let all the CoachT readers know your wisdom about an appropriate score, so their team won't be criticized. After all, you did beat that "poor FRA team" by 42-0. Why didn't you cut it off at 30-0?

-- "And, for your information we have followed football in Tennessee for MANY, MANY years." Well, maybe so, but here is your CoachT profile:

Group: Members

So, you have been following from a distance as far as CoachT. But I welcome you to the discussion.

-- "ANd,you first interjected CPA into this thread. " As you said above:"We can reply to any post, partial or complete, that we wish too." Yes, as a Region 5AA fan, I responded to the thread with a prediction of the DCA/GP game based on CPA's game with DCA that I saw. DCA fan Decleater went ballistic and started criticizing CPA because I stated the fact that they beat DCA.

Do you HONESTLY think that "following high school football in Tennessee" is based upon posting on COACH T? That is so funny. Is that the only game you have seen and do you only follow CPA football? And, do you spend all your quality "football time" posting on Coach T. Not, that Coach T wasn't a fine idea by some former coaches, we, believe, but, we will wager that we have been following Tn High School football longer than you have been, probablybefore you were born. Do you attend CPA, maybe a former player? And, believe it or not--you would be surprised what we know and respect about CPA football as well as DCA, FRA, EHS, Goodpasture, BA, POPE, Mt. Juliet, Brentwood, Franklin, etc. etc.

Anything else, or can we get back to the original thread that I first responded to with a prediction that GP wins 35-21. And I repeat, I like and respect both teams, coaches, and schools.

It was a good whupping last year, again though, it was last year. I think DCA may have closed the gap some. I think DCA is better than CPA, they just find ways to lose to them. One thing for sure, we will find out how good DCA is! We know Goodpasture is a good team, having said that, I predict DCA 28-Goodpasture 24. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think Goodpasture will pound lumps on CPA when they get to them. CPA has two guys, thats it!

Everyone has a prediction.

Like I said earlier, Goodpasture by 20 or more. You said DCA closed the gap some. In what way? Goodpasture

is a lot faster than last year and is a lot more altheletic. Competition for DCA has only been CPA so far but like

you said, we will see Friday night and I can't wait. Both are good teams that will be good games. Good luck and I hope no players get injured on either side and drive safely.