Sycamore Football

GreenHornet

I also live in another state, and get on here on Saturdays hoping to read about a Sycamore win. Always remember, boys, that you are not only playing for yourselves, but also for the other guys in the locker room, your family, your coaches, past and future War Eagles, and your community. Do not let a lack of focus or character allow you to fall short of each week's goal... victory! I miss the Sycamore community, and would love nothing more than to read about great games by the War Eagles over the next few weeks!!!

Being a Grad of the fine institution, one is wondering how things are going this year? I live in another state now an have a hard time keeping up the War Eagles. Good luck this week.

The War Eagles have a chance to get back to 4-4 overall tonight if they can win at home against Macon Co.

Sycamore's Playoff Hopes

1.) Sycamore has to win their three remaining contests over Macon Co., DeKalb Co., & Harpeth (non-region record plays a huge part in this scenario).

2.) Greenbrier has to lose their final three games to Pearl Cohn, Macon Co., & White House.

3.) Macon Co. has to lose to Sycamore tonight and then turn around and win their final two games of the regular season against Greenbrier & DeKalb Co.

If all of these things occur then the final region standings between these three would look as follows

4.) Sycamore: 6-4 (2-4)

5.) Macon Co.: 3-7 (2-4)

6.) Greenbrier: 5-5 (2-4)

In a 3-WAY tiebreaker the overall win total is the deciding factor. As you can see Sycamore would hold the advantage over the other two which is why the Week 10 game against Harpeth would be crucial. Macon Co. would then hold the head-to-head tiebreaker over Greenbrier if they can beat them on "Senior Night" in Lafayette next week. The Bobcats will be favored to win that game but they will not be favored to beat either Pearl Cohn tonight or White House in the final week of the season. IN OTHER WORDS......STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED!!!!!

GOOD LUCK TONIGHT WAR EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All you need for this evening is to beat Macon Co. & hope that Pearl Cohn bounces back and handles Greenbrier.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Deja vu all over again, 7 yrs apart. SMDH Does anybody talk to each other?
    • OK, well, that’s because two quarterbacks can’t start. That’s football 101. The main quarterback won the starting job, so he was on varsity, and the Seymour transfer did not win the starting job. He played some varsity. He was mainly junior varsity, and he balled out when healthy, so for the starting quarterback who’s been starting varsity since his freshman year, if you have any form of proof that he’s gotten worse, somehow, whether that means stats or whatnot, please feel free to share.
    • They’ve both gotten worse. I’ve seen enough games to know that. 
    • The only two transfers that Bearden has gotten that went on to play college football were a defensive back from Karnes, who transferred here way before the new coaching staff got here, and a running back from Carter, who went on to play at Maryville College. Both players received those offers while at Bearden, and both players got a diploma from Bearden High School. Therefore, they are Bearden kids, and you can’t do anything about that.   The transfer from Seymour didn’t win the job, what do you expect two quarterbacks to start at the same time? He played great on JV when he could stay healthy, and when he came in on varsity, he did great. The quarterback position is definitely going to be in good hands when the current starting quarterback leaves, but until then, they’re just going to be battling it out like every good quarterback competition does. The current starting quarterback has his flaws, and that is in the pass game, but what he doesn’t have flaws is running and scrambling, and if you go back and watch any game, which I’m sure you didn’t watch any, we used him very often, and when we needed a deep ball, we brought in the transfer from Seymour. The starting quarterback last year will be a senior this year, and the Seymour transfer will be a junior, so the Seymour transfer is definitely going to get his spotlight. He may even win the job this year. Football isn’t about who the newspaper thinks is the best kid. The best kid in the position will win the starting job, and I trust the coaching staff more than a newspaper or article to pick my starting QB.
    • I mean, we’ve only gotten two transfers that went on to play college football, one who went to UT Martin came his second semester junior year before the new coaching staff was here, and the other one went on to play at Maryville College, in which I don’t believe he had any interest prior to transferring.