Morristown West @ Volunteer

flyinfalcon

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see Volunteer win they played greeneville hard for 3 quarters and fell off. I just saw west this week against greeneville and volunteer can't hang with west after losing to greeneville i think west will win this game by atleast 2 or 3 tds

I hardly think a score of 17 to 7 not hanging with Greenville. I beleive that is the least Greenville has scored this

season. Volunteer made them work hard for what they got. I doubt you saw Volunteer and East on Friday nite

if you had you would see how things have changed. They have fan support for the team and the coaches and

are will be working hard for Friday night so don't count them out and don't try to predict the score. IMPOSSIBLE!

Roll Falcons /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I hardly think a score of 17 to 7 not hanging with Greenville. I beleive that is the least Greenville has scored this

season. Volunteer made them work hard for what they got. I doubt you saw Volunteer and East on Friday nite

if you had you would see how things have changed. They have fan support for the team and the coaches and

are will be working hard forr Friday night so don't count them out and don't try to predict the score. IMPOSSIBLE!

Roll Falcons /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Ok is this the same team that was having coach problems at the greeneville game i believe someone from volunteer posted that. We beat u and west and I bet coach woods will have his guys fired up east is a step ahead of cherokee. U will not beat WEST simple as that

Ok is this the same team that was having coach problems at the greeneville game i believe someone from volunteer posted that. We beat u and west and I bet coach woods will have his guys fired up east is a step ahead of cherokee. U will not beat WEST simple as that

In these games nothing is simple. Whatever you are referring to as coach problems is not a factor, this team is more

than ready and as for fired up this team will be. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> GO FALCONS

The whole coaching situation at Greenville is a definite non factor in this weeks game. Coach Rider WILL have the boys ready and thats for sure! As I say that I don't doubt one bit that West will be ready it will come down to something small that turns out to be big (blocked punt, KOR, missed extra point,or a crucial turnover). These seniors at volunteer are now doing what was expecting of them at the beginning of the season but I'm not going to say they are going to beat West nor am I going to say they will lose to West. Senior night will be a big night for them and off subject it going to be long with them having the most seniors probably ever on the squad. I don't think anyone should make a prediction cause as I said a second ago its going to be a big game to close to call I would love to see Volunteer beat West for the first time in school history and not only that but be on a role going into Cherokee (my favorite game of the year) keep the trophy for one more year and put up another goose egg like we did last year. With that still being a week away worry about West but if you are a West player, coach, or even a fan don't over look the falcons. For the Falcon players coaches, and fan give the Trojans all they want and some and I see myself sitting in the stands at Volunteers first playoff game at home ever!

Wish I could make this game but just so happen we have to travel to DC for our game this week best of luck Falcons

Go Falcons!

Go Wasps!

-Ed Smith

season.

No, actually 0 was the least they scored all season, against Boone. Unfortunately, that is evidently going to be the bright spot of Boone's entire season, and Greeneville is a way better team now than it was then.

Morristown West finds ways to win, but Volunteer can be very impressive.

I call this one a toss-up.

West is capable of winning this game, but so is Volunteer. If West spots Volunteer 21 points, then we will lose the game. West needs to go to Church Hill and control the game from start to finish. West cannot give Volunteer a chance to win and needs to put them out of the game early. Then West needs to control the ball and the clock to bring home the win. This game is as dangerous as the Greeneville game and if West does not control from start to finish, West will lose. If West offense comes out playing from the start as we did in the second half at Greeneville, they will be OK. West cannot let Volunteer have a short field and the defense will have to play as good as they have all season. If West makes any mistakes, Volunteer will take advantage of them.

I believe West will win, but we will have to put together a complete game to get this win.

No, actually 0 was the least they scored all season, against Boone. Unfortunately, that is evidently going to be the bright spot of Boone's entire season, and Greeneville is a way better team now than it was then.

Morristown West finds ways to win, but Volunteer can be very impressive.

I call this one a toss-up.

You are correct, I completely missed the Boone-Greeneville score, and yes, Greeneville is a better team. Volunteer

will be ready for this one so ROLL FALCONS- DON'T LET UP. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

e

West is capable of winning this game, but so is Volunteer. If West spots Volunteer 21 points, then we will lose the game. West needs to go to Church Hill and control the game from start to finish. West cannot give Volunteer a chance to win and needs to put them out of the game early. Then West needs to control the ball and the clock to bring home the win. This game is as dangerous as the Greeneville game and if West does not control from start to finish, West will lose. If West offense comes out playing from the start as we did in the second half at Greeneville, they will be OK. West cannot let Volunteer have a short field and the defense will have to play as good as they have all season. If West makes any mistakes, Volunteer will take advantage of them.

I believe West will win, but we will have to put together a complete game to get this win.

Volunteer at home and Senior Night!! Seems like a very good reason for playing to win. Go out with a BANG Seniors.Come out ready and don't let up. Good Luck. GO FALCONS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

:

ok...someone told me todaythat if things go there way volunteer can still win conference???? how can that happen,i know if they win out then they will finish 2nd but how can they finish 1st

For volunteer to win the total conference title they would have to beat west and cherokee and greeneville would also need to lose both of their game Davy Crockett and also Mo East. If Volunteer were to win this week and greeneville lose then the next week they both win the the next week they would be co-champs regardless of greeneville beating volunteer now greenville would still be the first seed in the conference because they resort to the game for tie breaker in that situation for play-offs but they would be co-champs that would be HUGH for volunteer so as i see it volunteer don't only have senior night to look forward to they still can see atleast co-champs in grabbing distance one small fall by greeneville and a good game by volunteer friday it is very well reachable!

Go Falcons!

Go WASP!

-Ed Smith