Tennessee High vs. Central

TNtnns_07

Tennessee High has a history of giving a lackluster performance against the Cougars. The past three meetings between the two have been nothing to brag about. The Vikings will have to focus on this week's team and for the time being and forget about next week's opponent.

The Vikings have outscored the Cougars 97 to 17 in the past three years! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> I know your just looking for something remotely positive towards the Cougars about this game, but if we are being honest with ourselves they are in way over their heads AGAIN this week. I do have to say that statistically the Cougars don’t look half bad offensively but on the other side of the coin many of those stats have been against second and third stringers after the game has already been decided. I do however see the Central football program heading in the right direction with their new coach, and that will positively effect participation helping to raise the bar for their program. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The Vikings have outscored the Cougars 97 to 17 in the past three years! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> I know your just looking for something remotely positive towards the Cougars about this game, but if we are being honest with ourselves they are in way over their heads AGAIN this week. I do have to say that statistically the Cougars don’t look half bad offensively but on the other side of the coin many of those stats have been against second and third stringers after the game has already been decided. I do however see the Central football program heading in the right direction with their new coach, and that will positively effect participation helping to raise the bar for their program. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Cap, when you go back and realize that Central had a 4-26 record over the past three years, scores like 27-10 and 28-7 aren't that impressive.

Central was actually winning 10-7 late in the 2005 game until I believe Shaud Johnson saved the Vikings with a few touchdown receptions.

42-0 appears impressive when you read it, but it took the Vikes a couple of quarters to get started in the 2004 game, although it was possibly Tennessee High's worst game of the regular season that year. With Tennessee High's talent, they should've been up 42-0 at the half.

A few years ago I recall Tennessee High starting the season out 3-0 with wins over Gate City, South, and Science Hill. The next week the Cougars came into the Stone Castle and beat Tennessee High somewhere in the neighborhood of 32-25. No one was expecting it. I agree that Central is in over their heads, but that doesn't give the Vikings permission to slack off or look ahead to next week.