girls wrestling

sweety1000

Females should not be allowed to wrestle in a male division of this sport. As was said earlier, lets see a guy attempt to go out for the volleyball team. The poor guy will not even make it into the gym before the coach laughs at him and kicks him out. The problem with female wrestling is the intentions of the female wrestling. A wrestling mat is not a place to make a social statement. As with Title IX, its not about having the same opportunities, but rather having more and better opportunities for the fairer sex. On principle alone, no females in the sport.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing wrong with it at all. They just need to have their opponent to be the same gender.

Well Guys you got your wish...this year TSSAA has sanctioned girls wrestling. Some schools will have all girl wrestling teams...Step aside boys the girls need mat time.

Well Guys you got your wish...this year TSSAA has sanctioned girls wrestling. Some schools will have all girl wrestling teams...Step aside boys the girls need mat time.

It was never I wish,,,,I could not care any less if they do or do not have a team. Unless I had a daughter on the team, I would never attend a match or wonder if they had won or lost.

I would be like the WNBA. Yeah it is basketball, but not the best version of the game.

maybe,,,,but why would I want to watch a lessor form of the sport, unless I had a child on the team.

You will never catch me at a YMCA soccer match again,,,unless I have grandchilden there.

so if your children had a girl teammate wrestling you wouldn't watch? how is this girls wrestling going to work out? will there be all girl tournaments? i doubt high schools can afford to hold an all girl wrestling tournament as there aren't many wrestling...yet. and lessor form of the sport? thats a sexist statement. so women competing are lessor in your eyes?

I think it deals on a more psychological level:We view the male athletes as the top specimen and we view women as lower in terms of athletics and we don't want to see lower caliber players,we want to see the best go at it.

top specimens? women in lower terms of athletics? i totally understand not having males and females compete...but to say men are superior is a derogatory remark for women athletes.

It is not a derogatory statement. Men are faster, stronger and better athletically than women. Sorry bud, but it's the truth. And men are the superior sex when it comes to sports. That is why men went out and hunted and women gathered berries and roots. This has been developed for thousands of years. Testosterone also gives men a little bit of help in this area.