girls wrestling

sweety1000

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why are guys so skeptic about girls wrestling whats wrong with that

Because if a guy wrestles a girl an wins he has to hear it from his friends he beat up a girl, an if the guy loses he has to hear it from them. So ether way if you wrestle a girl your going to hear it from some one. Plus most of the time there is no competition.

Most of you on this ridiculous website really treat wrestling like it is a master sport. Like it is only meant for certain people. I am sorry, but I am a purist when it comes to this sport we fight for everyday. Everyday we try to get our sport out there to be noticed by society, and to be accepted as one of the truest forms of sport. I mean, this sport that we love spans almost 3,000 years across history. It is found in the Bible, in Greek stories, even in American politics. And now you want to shut down this sport to a girl?! I am sorry this sport is for anyone, and everyone. If a girl wants to step on the mat with me, god speed to her. If she has the balls to compete in a sport where no one will see her as a wrestler, but as a constant outsider, she obviously deserves to be on the mat more than any of us. I mean could you do what she does everyday when she laces up her shoes? Let'em wrestle, let them share in this sport, and give them the competition that they are seeking. Stop being a bunch of high and mighty hypocrites and just fall off of you fake horse already.

I don't have a problem with girls wanting to wrestle, as long as they dont expect special treatment because they're a girl. Expect to get beat up and hazed alot. And if you can't handle that without making a big fuss, then it probably isn't the sport for you. I've had the expirience of having a girl on my team when I was in school, and also having a girl on the team with me as a part of the coaching staff. I've seen where there can be problems with parents not wanting their sons to wrestle a girl, and also with the girls parents getting all bent out of shape when they see their daughter get whooped on the mat.

The problem I do have is when a girl wants to wrestle just to make a statement, and doesnt really care to make it in the sport. I havent had any expirence with this situation personally, but do know that it has been an issue before.

As an answer to that, I think boys should be allowed to join the volleyball team, as there isn't a boys volleyball program in high school around here. I'm sure if a guy did try to join a team, every last parent affiliated with the volleyball program would raise heck in disagreement. That's the problem I have. This should be a 2 way street.

Most of you on this ridiculous website really treat wrestling like it is a master sport. Like it is only meant for certain people. I am sorry, but I am a purist when it comes to this sport we fight for everyday. Everyday we try to get our sport out there to be noticed by society, and to be accepted as one of the truest forms of sport. I mean, this sport that we love spans almost 3,000 years across history. It is found in the Bible, in Greek stories, even in American politics. And now you want to shut down this sport to a girl?! I am sorry this sport is for anyone, and everyone. If a girl wants to step on the mat with me, god speed to her. If she has the balls to compete in a sport where no one will see her as a wrestler, but as a constant outsider, she obviously deserves to be on the mat more than any of us. I mean could you do what she does everyday when she laces up her shoes? Let'em wrestle, let them share in this sport, and give them the competition that they are seeking. Stop being a bunch of high and mighty hypocrites and just fall off of you fake horse already.

Please explain why we have any team at all that are separated by gender, I mean it should hold true for all sport.

With that being said, your rant is kind of off anyway. Master Sport? So far no one has said that females should not wrestle, so the sport can be for either gender, like say basketball. I wonder why we have a team for boys and a team for girls in that sport? Both genders have their opportunities to play what they like, against competition that is appropriate.

In the Bible reference you made,,,,,which woman was wrestling which man? who won?

MY ONLY PROBLEM WITH GIRLS WRESTLING BOYS IS WHEN YOU MATCH AN EXPERIENCED GIRL WITH AN INEXPERIANCED BOY. THIS COMMONLY HAPPENS IN PRESEASON OR JV TOURNAMENTS. THIS IS NOT MUCH OF A PROBLEM IN VARSITY LEVEL TOURNAMENTS.

ANOTHER PROBLEM IS PHYSICAL CONTACT. TO WRESTLE YOUR OPPONENT YOU MUST GET UP-CLOSE AND PERSONAL. THIS IS A PROBLEM FOR THE GIRLS AS WELL AS THE BOYS. NO ONE THINKS ABOUT THIS WHEN WRESTLERS OF THE SAME GENDER WRESTLE. I DON'T THINK I WOULD WANT MY DAUGHTER PINNED IN A FIGURE-4 ON THE HEAD BY A BOY.

THE ANIMAL

MY ONLY PROBLEM WITH GIRLS WRESTLING BOYS IS WHEN YOU MATCH AN EXPERIENCED GIRL WITH AN INEXPERIANCED BOY. THIS COMMONLY HAPPENS IN PRESEASON OR JV TOURNAMENTS. THIS IS NOT MUCH OF A PROBLEM IN VARSITY LEVEL TOURNAMENTS.

ANOTHER PROBLEM IS PHYSICAL CONTACT. TO WRESTLE YOUR OPPONENT YOU MUST GET UP-CLOSE AND PERSONAL. THIS IS A PROBLEM FOR THE GIRLS AS WELL AS THE BOYS. NO ONE THINKS ABOUT THIS WHEN WRESTLERS OF THE SAME GENDER WRESTLE. I DON'T THINK I WOULD WANT MY DAUGHTER PINNED IN A FIGURE-4 ON THE HEAD BY A BOY.

THE ANIMAL

If you had a daughter, she would probably be a state champ. Seems to be a family tradition.

Please explain why we have any team at all that are separated by gender, I mean it should hold true for all sport.

With that being said, your rant is kind of off anyway. Master Sport? So far no one has said that females should not wrestle, so the sport can be for either gender, like say basketball. I wonder why we have a team for boys and a team for girls in that sport? Both genders have their opportunities to play what they like, against competition that is appropriate.

In the Bible reference you made,,,,,which woman was wrestling which man? who won?

I believe it was two women actually. In the old testament. As for your opinions towards my post, I am a bit humbled. It is true that no one here has said no to girls period. I was adding certain experiences I am having now with a girl on my team. Many of my parents don't want her on the mats, and I won't have it. So I guess I made an assumption. I just don't see why it is such a big deal to some people. If you are afraid of something "popping" up, you should check your psychology books. To make a long explanation short, when someone is to be involved in such a fight or flight scenario, i.e. Wrestling match, the part of your brain that governs secondary needs shuts down. You brain automatically takes instinctive survival tactics, and shuts out hunger, sexual arousal, thirst, and that paper you forgot to turn in at third period English. Ask any neuro-science major, psychologist, or brain surgeon. Like we have any of those handy?

I believe it was two women actually. In the old testament. As for your opinions towards my post, I am a bit humbled. It is true that no one here has said no to girls period. I was adding certain experiences I am having now with a girl on my team. Many of my parents don't want her on the mats, and I won't have it. So I guess I made an assumption. I just don't see why it is such a big deal to some people. If you are afraid of something "popping" up, you should check your psychology books. To make a long explanation short, when someone is to be involved in such a fight or flight scenario, i.e. Wrestling match, the part of your brain that governs secondary needs shuts down. You brain automatically takes instinctive survival tactics, and shuts out hunger, sexual arousal, thirst, and that paper you forgot to turn in at third period English. Ask any neuro-science major, psychologist, or brain surgeon. Like we have any of those handy?

Sounds like maybe the Bible had a "girls" team for equal competition.

As far as the "pop" up issue, I have not heard that argument either. I can tell you that if you are truly being honest with the manner in which wrestling happens, the moves that are require to turn someone over, ride techniques, etc....it is not a question of arousal that is the issue. Make those same move in the high school class room, for demonstration purposes only, and see how appropriate it is to deomonstrate with the other gender. It is not.

separate teams, by gender. Like almost all contact sports that you can think of. Sorry, there is a difference, no matter how much someone wants this to be equal, it is not.

ALL OF THE FEMALE WRESTLERS THAT I HAVE TALKED TO OVER THE YEARS WOULD RATHER WRESTLE OTHER GIRLS IF THEY HAD THE OPTION. THE GOOD GIRLS HAVE TROUBLE FINDING OTHER GOOD GIRLS TO WRESTLE. ALL OF THE GIRLS THAT I HAVE TALKED TO JUST LOVE THE SPORT. THEY ARE NOT DOING IT TO HAVE SEXUAL CONTACT WITH BOYS. BUT THAT CONTACT WILL HAPPEN UNLESS THE GENDERS ARE SEPARATED.

THE SOLUTION IS TO HAVE DIFFERENT DIVISIONS AT PRESEASON AND JV TOURNAMENTS. AT THE HALLS JV TOURNAMENT ON MARTIN LUTHER KING HOLIDAY. THEY HAVE 3-DIVISIONS (FRESHMEN BOYS, JUNIOR VARSITY BOYS AND HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS). AT THIS TOURNAMENT THE BOYS DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT WRESTLING THE GIRLS AND THE GIRLS DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT WRESTLING THE BOYS. IF THERE IS ONLY ONE GIRL THAT COMES SHE IS DECLARED THE CHAMPION AND RECEIVES THE GOLD MEDAL (THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED YET). THERE IS USUALLY BETWEEN 4 TO 10 GIRLS EACH YEAR. SOMETIMES THE FEMALE MANAGERS WILL WRESTLE BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT THEY WILL NOT HAVE TO WRESTLE THE BOYS.

I THINK THIS IS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE.

THE ANIMAL