lenoir city panthers

dream n it

This kids are young but very skilled. They've had a great opportunity to play under one of the best teachers of individual skills around in tony williams. Look for rhea county to develop each year. LC wishes their old coach the best!

Lenoir City should suprise some teams. They have an excellent coaching staff and some good players in Dylan Robinson, Bobby Ault, and the 6'5 sophomore who plays post, his name eludes me. Tony did a good job with those kids, but Coach Wells and Wendell will be just as good and have them competing in that district. Coach Wells knows the game and he will have the Panthers ready to play (and play hard) every night. Good luck this season and Good luck to Coach Williams at Rhea County.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coachinhoops, you sure got it bad for Dodgen.....Dodgen has had some great teams at Farragut over the years despite himself....Farragut was 12-0 this summer at one point and I watched them roll through Fulton, Catholic, and Anderson County....They had some pretty good guards and solid depth to go along with Watson and Binder inside... I think they could surprise, if we're actually calling it a surprise....I think the Admirals, Maryville, Bearden, and William Blount will roll through this district while all the new coaches are still implementing their systems....the future is bright for this district with all the talented coaches.... probably the best district in the state of coaches..... Mark Blevins, Mark Eldridge, David Baumann, Donald Dodgen, Gary Barnes, Shane Wells, Tony Hardin, and Ken Wright....all great coaches!!!

Farragut did not play Catholic this summer in basketball. So how can they roll through them. In fact Farragut hasn't beaten Catholic in basketball since 2001.

I have acted in a classless way during this thread. I have said some things that are completely out of character and would like to go on record publicly and apologize to Coach Dodgen and the Farragut community. I have alot of bitterness that just finds it's way into the wrong conversations and I have let these boards become a venting tool. As a result I am retiring from Coach T. I wish Lenoir City and Coach Wells the best as well as all the coaches that I would call friend in 4AAA. I hope you guys have a great season. Coach Dodgen, if you read this, I hope to accomplish in my career half of what you have. You have always been very nice to me and your teams are always better than mine. I hope you finish your career on top.

Coach W.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see how in the world you can have Farragut ranked 5th. They match up with Bearden very well (with better guard play). Toss up with Maryville unless Douglas is out. Better than Billy Blount and LC. Both teams are very well coached but the edge in player talent goes to Farragut.

I myself would HIGHLY doubt that aaron will play alot this year after being semi hurt in football and haveing alot of football hype.

is this windell guy the same coach that coached at AC? if so, i remember watching this guy play as a youngster. he was a real worker. he was not the most gifted athelete (a little slow- not much lift-had good range to about 10 or 15 ft), BUT he would flat out get after it and is a great motivational speaker. i think that he and coach wells will make a big difference at LC. plus, windell will look sharp in all that orange. best of luck to the panthers this year.