A/AA Sectionals

mtnman

dont predict scores please, the mod gets upset and deletes them. everytime ive posted on here within 30 minutes its either been deleted or replied back to and locked. BigG, lets get a life.

You made a "prediction" that would have only inflammed the Catholic fans (which might have been your point). I didn't make a big deal of it, but just deleted it. You now are just being rude. If you have an issue on how things are run on the soccer threads, please take it up with Coach T himself.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any update on the Madison - JCS game?

I posted before that the private vs public didn't matter.......but after seeing all 7 publics get beat you have to wonder... Is this normal in girls soccer at the smaller school level???

I don't want to start the whole debate thing, just wondering. This is my first year involved with girls soccer.

I posted before that the private vs public didn't matter.......but after seeing all 7 publics get beat you have to wonder... Is this normal in girls soccer at the smaller school level???

I don't want to start the whole debate thing, just wondering. This is my first year involved with girls soccer.

There is a definite disparity between private schools and pulic schools at the state tournament in A/AA. The numbers have been this way for a while now. It is a good discussion, but it needs to take place on the public/private debate board. If you all would like, I can start a thread on this topic on that board. If the debate continues on this board, I'll just transfer it there so that you all can continue.

Speaking from experience down here in the West: USJ,JCS and Madison are all very close in abilities and level of athletes. The first two are from the private sector and looking at recent history, have made it on to state a higher number of times. My opinion for what it's worth, is that they do have an advantage over Madison. Most of these girls have been playing together since they were in kindergarten and also play club ball together. Madison's girls are a team that came together starting in 9th grade. Before then, my daughter had only played with two out of the 18 girls on the squad and that was during elementary school. Their team has girls that came from four to five different middle schools. They knew each other from competing against each other. Coming together as a team, takes time and great leadership. Then there is also the issue of coaching staffs. Both USJ and JCS have had the same coaches for years and Madison has had three different coaches during my daugher's four years of play. Madison had a great season with only four losses and one tie. Those losses and tie were all to the private sector, three being ranked and all going to state and the tie to a D2 school. Another observation that I have made was that all four of these teams had a deep bench for the ease of subs, where as most of the public school teams we played were like us and lucky to have 5-7 girls on the bench. You have a couple of injuries and you're down to 3-5. I'm not complaining, just stating the obvious. But I would hate to see the Publics and Privates split. Our best, most competitive games have been with the Privates. You only get better and learn when you play at a higher level. Madison may be out for this year but don't ever count us out for next year or take us lightly because we are Public. We will compete to the end!!! I am proud of our girls this season and the way they played last night! I also want to wish USJ and JCS the best of luck at State! Make this end of the state and the city of Jackson Proud!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />