Best SHOOTERS in EAST TENN.

Fanofall

Dustin McConnell was a sophomore last year and i saw in person him score a 30 point game...not in a freshmen game...in a j-v game. He also hit 8 threes against sullivan central at central. It was an amazing sight. I didnt think he would ever miss and for that reason i would say McConnell is up there. Halvorsen can really shoot too. He has had a couple 20 point games in his career

Yes but that is still Jayvee. I have seen both McConnell and Halvorsen light it up in a summer camp at King College where I helped to run the camp. And in these games that was varsity.

As for Powers, then forget it, its THE best GAME shooters obviously. You have to be able to get the shot off to make it. He will get his stuff swatted all day long on the varsity level.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also. I am not a hater. But those 2 db guys you mentioned,that only played JV last year. Do they have nerves of steel,because I think I have seen Charlie Morgan psyche some people out. Like get them thinking if they miss a shot they are coming out of the game,that may affect some of these guys with no varsity experience. I am just curious to your opinions on that or if that has any truth to it at all.

Go Cougars!

Yeah I agree with Agent Orange on this topic. In the history of Dobyns Bennett they have never really had any top notched shooters. So Charlie Morgan has been lenient with the "letting loose" he did due to that fact. But after watching them practice twice and perform in the summer camp at King I KNOW that Charlie Morgan will give the green light to these two juniors. I know because I saw them play and they can shoot from anywhere. Just my 2 cents.

Also. I am not a hater. But those 2 db guys you mentioned,that only played JV last year. Do they have nerves of steel,because I think I have seen Charlie Morgan psyche some people out. Like get them thinking if they miss a shot they are coming out of the game,that may affect some of these guys with no varsity experience. I am just curious to your opinions on that or if that has any truth to it at all.

I also agree COMPLETELY with what AgentOrange said about the reason for them not seeing much varsity action was because DB had 3 senior laden players. Not just were these guys seniors.... but like he said two went to play college ball and 1 is now playing college football. I still think that these McConnell and Halvorsen who are 2 pure shooters/scorers will get it done. Behind Snapp of East, and Florence of Austin East.

And McConnell and Halvorsen are best friends. They are always in the gym working on how to get better. I have seen. It will be interesting to see how all their work pays off during the season

Yes they are, I have another son who plays for a younger "Tribe" team. He is 13. But anyways, I will bring him in for practice or something and EVERY time I see these two kids shooting and working on their games. They are not just going half speed and messing around. These guys get after it. And the most important thing of all...... They MAKE IT!

Jason Rock from Central shoots the 3. If he hits a couple in a row you better make sure someone is in his face the rest of the night,or he will send you home crying.

Go Cougars!

SHOWTIMERock......... give us your top 5. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

1. Isaac Snapp, can shoot off the dribble, off a screen, and with a defender on him.

And then, in no particular order.

Jason Rock- Interesting shot,but if he gets his feet set, I always expect it to go in.

McConnel- Did see the game where he hit 8 three's. Still wanna see how confident he is in a varsity game though.

Keith Cradic-Streaky shooter,seems to make everything in the 4th quarter.

Corey Young-Don't leave him open,makes TN High go.

I know my choices are big 9 Bias. But those are the only guys I see. I am sure there are other great shooters out there,but that is my top 5.

I guess you must have missed the state tournament last season. He was the tournament MVP. I think he hit 6 3's in the championship. I think his name should be mentioned with East Tennessee's best.

Oh I know he is a good shooter, but he came in and said "pretty good" I just wanted him to clarify that we were talking about THE BEST. Not just some of the good ones. Yeah Damron is good, dont get me wrong.

1. Isaac Snapp, can shoot off the dribble, off a screen, and with a defender on him.

And then, in no particular order.

Jason Rock- Interesting shot,but if he gets his feet set, I always expect it to go in.

McConnel- Did see the game where he hit 8 three's. Still wanna see how confident he is in a varsity game though.

Keith Cradic-Streaky shooter,seems to make everything in the 4th quarter.

Corey Young-Don't leave him open,makes TN High go.

Young is a really good slasher but not a great shooter. Just my opinion. He is what makes Tenn. High go though. Doesn't get to use his great on ball defense as much because they run that zone.