FridayMainEvent

Who wins?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well week 10 has arrived and this will be a huge game with big playoff implucations as well. Going into this upcoming game their has and will be many questions that need to be answered this Friday. Is cascade overhyped and as always will lose big ball games or will this team use last weeks loss as motivation to come through with a big victory this Friday night at WHH. I really beleive in this team and the talent all around so I will say that they will overcome last weeks loss and prevail. But not so fast my friend, there are numreous things that need to be addressed for this team to be successful and for them to go alot further than any other Cascade team in the history of the school. I am not coaching right now and until I am in there shoes next year I will play devils advacat. First things first Cascade was able to @@@@ up 297 total yards of offense but only come away with 2 fg's. I dont know how much of it was due to play calling as much as it was penalties and turn overs. Receivers have to look the ball in and also make a catch when you are about to be hit, its football and you are going to get hit. On the defensive side of the ball the DB's have got to learn how to run with the WR's but then turn around and play the ball not the reciever. As far as getting pressure on the QB there has got to be better schemes and blitzes given to the defense because 5-7 seconds is entirely way too long to give a QB to run around and throw the ball. I dont mean to be so negative but these are items that need to be addressed because each week from here on out will be tough and you have to be as mentally prepared as you are physically. Good luck this week guys you have my full support along with the entire Cascade community. Go play ball like we know you can.

Go Champs /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well week 10 has arrived and this will be a huge game with big playoff implucations as well. Going into this upcoming game their has and will be many questions that need to be answered this Friday. Is cascade overhyped and as always will lose big ball games or will this team use last weeks loss as motivation to come through with a big victory this Friday night at WHH. I really beleive in this team and the talent all around so I will say that they will overcome last weeks loss and prevail. But not so fast my friend, there are numreous things that need to be addressed for this team to be successful and for them to go alot further than any other Cascade team in the history of the school. I am not coaching right now and until I am in there shoes next year I will play devils advacat. First things first Cascade was able to @@@@ up 297 total yards of offense but only come away with 2 fg's. I dont know how much of it was due to play calling as much as it was penalties and turn overs. Receivers have to look the ball in and also make a catch when you are about to be hit, its football and you are going to get hit. On the defensive side of the ball the DB's have got to learn how to run with the WR's but then turn around and play the ball not the reciever. As far as getting pressure on the QB there has got to be better schemes and blitzes given to the defense because 5-7 seconds is entirely way too long to give a QB to run around and throw the ball. I dont mean to be so negative but these are items that need to be addressed because each week from here on out will be tough and you have to be as mentally prepared as you are physically. Good luck this week guys you have my full support along with the entire Cascade community. Go play ball like we know you can.

Go Champs /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sounds like coaching to me /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Playoffs scenarios

Region 1

The Hampton vs. Cloudland winner is first and the loser is second.

If Jellico wins and Knox. Grace wins, Knox. Grace is third and Jellico is fourth.

If Knox. Grace wins and Unaka wins, Unaka is third and Knox. Grace is fourth.

If Jellico wins and Cosby wins, Jellico is third and Cosby is fourth.

If Unaka wins and Cosby wins, Cosby is third and Unaka is fourth.

Region 2

Midway is first. Oneida is second. Harriman is third.

Coalfield is fourth unless Coalfield loses and Greenback wins, in which case Greenback is fourth.

Region 3

South Pittsburg is first, Lookout Valley is second, and Chatt. Grace is third unless Chatt. Grace wins and Lookout Valley loses, in which case Chatt. Grace is first, South Pittsburg is second and Lookout Valley is third.

Silverdale vs. Whitwell winner is fourth.

Region 4

If Gordonsville wins, Watertown wins, Trousdale County wins, and Friendship wins, Gordonsville is first, Friendship is second, Watertown is third, and Trousdale County is fourth.

If Gordonsville loses, Watertown wins, Trousdale County wins, and Friendship wins, Watertown is first, Gordonsville is second, Friendship is third, and Trousdale County is fourth.

If Gordonsville wins, Watertown loses, and Friendship wins, Gordonsville is first, Monterey is second, Friendship is third, and Trousdale County is fourth.

If Gordonsville loses, Watertown loses, Trousdale County wins, and Friendship wins, Gordonsville is first and Monterey is second unless Harriman and Upperman both win, in which case Monterey is first and Gordonsville is second, Friendship is third, and Trousdale County is fourth.

If Gordonsville wins, Watertown wins, Trousdale County loses, and Friendship wins, Gordonsville is first, Friendship is second, Watertown is third, and Trousdale County is fourth.

If Gordonsville loses, Watertown wins, Trousdale County loses, and Friendship wins, Gordonsville is first, Friendship is second, Watertown is third, and Trousdale County is fourth.

If Gordonsville wins, Watertown loses, Trousdale County loses, and Friendship wins, Gordonsville is first, Monterey is second, Friendship is third, and Watertown is fourth.

If Gordonsville loses, Watertown loses, Trousdale County loses, and Friendship wins, Gordonsville is first, Monterey is second, Friendship is third, and Watertown is fourth.

If Gordonsville wins, Watertown wins, Trousdale County wins, and Friendship loses, then Gordonsville is first, Watertown is second, Trousdale County is third, and Monterey is fourth.

If Gordonsville loses, Watertown wins, Trousdale County wins, and Friendship loses, then Watertown is first, Trousdale County is second, Gordonsville is third, and Monterey is fourth.

If Gordonsville wins, Watertown loses, Trousdale County wins, and Friendship loses, then Gordonsville is first, Trousdale County is second, Monterey is third, and Friendship is fourth.

If Gordonsville loses, Watertown loses, Trousdale County wins, and Friendship loses, then Trousdale County is first, Gordonsville is second, Monterey is third, and Friendship is fourth.

If Gordonsville wins, Watertown wins, Trousdale County loses, and Friendship loses, then Gordonsville is first, Watertown is second; if Harriman or Upperman wins, Monterey is third and Friendship is fourth; if Harriman and Upperman both lose, Friendship Christian is third and Trousdale County is fourth.

If Gordonsville loses, Watertown wins, Trousdale County loses, and Friendship loses, then Gordonsville is first, Monterey is second; if Harrriman or Upperman wins, Monterey is third and Friendship is fourth; if Harriman and Upperman both lose, Friendship is third and Trousdale County is fourth.

If Gordonsville wins, Watertown loses, Trousdale County loses, and Friendship loses, Gordonsville is first, Monterey is second, Friendship is third, and Watertown is fourth.

If Gordonsville loses, Watertown loses, Trousdale County loses, and Friendship loses, Gordonsville is first, Monterey is second, Friendship is third, and Watertown is fourth.

Region 5

If Cascade wins and Jo Byrns wins, Jo Byrns is first, Cascade is second, White House Heritage is third, and McEwen is fourth.

If Cascade loses and Jo Byrns wins, White House Heritage is first, Jo Byrns is second, Cascade is third, and McEwen is fourth.

If Cascade wins and Jo Byrns loses, Cascade is first, White House Heritage is second, McEwen is third, and Jo Byrns is fourth.

If Cascade loses and Jo Byrns loses, White House Heritage is first, Cascade is second, McEwen is third, and Jo Byrns is fourth.

Region 6

Mt. Pleasant is first.

Collinwood vs. Wayne County is second and loser is third.

Moore County is fourth.

Region 7

McKenzie is first.

If Bruceton wins, Union City wins, and Lake County wins, Bruceton is second, Union City is third, and Lake County is fourth.

If Bruceton loses, Union City wins, and Lake County wins, Union City is second, Bruceton is third, and Lake County is fourth.

If Bruceton wins, Union City loses, and Lake County wins, Bruceton is second, Gleason is third, and Union City is fourth.

If Bruceton loses, Union City loses, and Lake County wins, Gleason is second, Bruceton is third, and Union City is fourth.

If Bruceton wins, Union City wins, and Lake County loses, Bruceton is second, Union City is third, and Greenfield is fourth.

If Bruceton loses, Union City wins, and Lake County loses, Union City is second, Bruceton is third, and Greenfield is fourth.

If Bruceton wins, Union City loses, and Lake County loses, Bruceton is second, Gleason is third, and Union City is fourth.

If Bruceton loses, Union City loses, and Lake County loses, Gleason is second, Bruceton is third, and Union City is fourth.

Region 8

Trinity Christian is first. Fayette Academy is second. Manassas is third. Halls is fourth.

I wanted to let all the Cascade fans know that I added several photos from Friday night to our website. If you click on the photos tab from the home page, you can select from several "photo albums" when you use the drop down menu. There is a tailgate, pre-game, fans, and senior night album to choose from. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera set on auto-focus during the senior day pictures and some of them didn't come out very well. If anyone has photos they would like me to use as a substitute for the fuzzy ones, I'd appreciate you e-mailing them to me. cascade11@cascadechampions.net /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> .. Click on my signature to go straight to our website. Moto24, you may recognize some of the tail-gating photos.. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I'm glad to see you got my good side. Any food left over; I'm hungry. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Playoffs scenarios

Region 1

The Hampton vs. Cloudland winner is first and the loser is second.

If Jellico wins and Knox. Grace wins, Knox. Grace is third and Jellico is fourth.

If Knox. Grace wins and Unaka wins, Unaka is third and Knox. Grace is fourth.

If Jellico wins and Cosby wins, Jellico is third and Cosby is fourth.

If Unaka wins and Cosby wins, Cosby is third and Unaka is fourth.

Region 2

Midway is first. Oneida is second. Harriman is third.

Coalfield is fourth unless Coalfield loses and Greenback wins, in which case Greenback is fourth.

Region 3

South Pittsburg is first, Lookout Valley is second, and Chatt. Grace is third unless Chatt. Grace wins and Lookout Valley loses, in which case Chatt. Grace is first, South Pittsburg is second and Lookout Valley is third.

Silverdale vs. Whitwell winner is fourth.

Region 4

If Gordonsville wins, Watertown wins, Trousdale County wins, and Friendship wins, Gordonsville is first, Friendship is second, Watertown is third, and Trousdale County is fourth.

If Gordonsville loses, Watertown wins, Trousdale County wins, and Friendship wins, Watertown is first, Gordonsville is second, Friendship is third, and Trousdale County is fourth.

If Gordonsville wins, Watertown loses, and Friendship wins, Gordonsville is first, Monterey is second, Friendship is third, and Trousdale County is fourth.

If Gordonsville loses, Watertown loses, Trousdale County wins, and Friendship wins, Gordonsville is first and Monterey is second unless Harriman and Upperman both win, in which case Monterey is first and Gordonsville is second, Friendship is third, and Trousdale County is fourth.

If Gordonsville wins, Watertown wins, Trousdale County loses, and Friendship wins, Gordonsville is first, Friendship is second, Watertown is third, and Trousdale County is fourth.

If Gordonsville loses, Watertown wins, Trousdale County loses, and Friendship wins, Gordonsville is first, Friendship is second, Watertown is third, and Trousdale County is fourth.

If Gordonsville wins, Watertown loses, Trousdale County loses, and Friendship wins, Gordonsville is first, Monterey is second, Friendship is third, and Watertown is fourth.

If Gordonsville loses, Watertown loses, Trousdale County loses, and Friendship wins, Gordonsville is first, Monterey is second, Friendship is third, and Watertown is fourth.

If Gordonsville wins, Watertown wins, Trousdale County wins, and Friendship loses, then Gordonsville is first, Watertown is second, Trousdale County is third, and Monterey is fourth.

If Gordonsville loses, Watertown wins, Trousdale County wins, and Friendship loses, then Watertown is first, Trousdale County is second, Gordonsville is third, and Monterey is fourth.

If Gordonsville wins, Watertown loses, Trousdale County wins, and Friendship loses, then Gordonsville is first, Trousdale County is second, Monterey is third, and Friendship is fourth.

If Gordonsville loses, Watertown loses, Trousdale County wins, and Friendship loses, then Trousdale County is first, Gordonsville is second, Monterey is third, and Friendship is fourth.

If Gordonsville wins, Watertown wins, Trousdale County loses, and Friendship loses, then Gordonsville is first, Watertown is second; if Harriman or Upperman wins, Monterey is third and Friendship is fourth; if Harriman and Upperman both lose, Friendship Christian is third and Trousdale County is fourth.

If Gordonsville loses, Watertown wins, Trousdale County loses, and Friendship loses, then Gordonsville is first, Monterey is second; if Harrriman or Upperman wins, Monterey is third and Friendship is fourth; if Harriman and Upperman both lose, Friendship is third and Trousdale County is fourth.

If Gordonsville wins, Watertown loses, Trousdale County loses, and Friendship loses, Gordonsville is first, Monterey is second, Friendship is third, and Watertown is fourth.

If Gordonsville loses, Watertown loses, Trousdale County loses, and Friendship loses, Gordonsville is first, Monterey is second, Friendship is third, and Watertown is fourth.

Region 5

If Cascade wins and Jo Byrns wins, Jo Byrns is first, Cascade is second, White House Heritage is third, and McEwen is fourth.

If Cascade loses and Jo Byrns wins, White House Heritage is first, Jo Byrns is second, Cascade is third, and McEwen is fourth.

If Cascade wins and Jo Byrns loses, Cascade is first, White House Heritage is second, McEwen is third, and Jo Byrns is fourth.

If Cascade loses and Jo Byrns loses, White House Heritage is first, Cascade is second, McEwen is third, and Jo Byrns is fourth.

Region 6

Mt. Pleasant is first.

Collinwood vs. Wayne County is second and loser is third.

Moore County is fourth.

Region 7

McKenzie is first.

If Bruceton wins, Union City wins, and Lake County wins, Bruceton is second, Union City is third, and Lake County is fourth.

If Bruceton loses, Union City wins, and Lake County wins, Union City is second, Bruceton is third, and Lake County is fourth.

If Bruceton wins, Union City loses, and Lake County wins, Bruceton is second, Gleason is third, and Union City is fourth.

If Bruceton loses, Union City loses, and Lake County wins, Gleason is second, Bruceton is third, and Union City is fourth.

If Bruceton wins, Union City wins, and Lake County loses, Bruceton is second, Union City is third, and Greenfield is fourth.

If Bruceton loses, Union City wins, and Lake County loses, Union City is second, Bruceton is third, and Greenfield is fourth.

If Bruceton wins, Union City loses, and Lake County loses, Bruceton is second, Gleason is third, and Union City is fourth.

If Bruceton loses, Union City loses, and Lake County loses, Gleason is second, Bruceton is third, and Union City is fourth.

Region 8

Trinity Christian is first. Fayette Academy is second. Manassas is third. Halls is fourth.

I'm gonna need some tylonol after reading that region 4 section....

I'm glad to see you got my good side. Any food left over; I'm hungry. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

There was actually a lot of food left. Me and the boys finished most of it off Saturday. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Your lucky, at least you have a good side..

I understand the aggravation. I was expecting a lot more Friday night also. I think the fact the we have one of the best kickers in 1A ball is fogging our decision making sometimes. If we had went on and punched that 1st possesion in the endzone instead of settling for a field goal I believe that would of taken a much bigger impact on Jo Byrns. We moved the ball easily on them all night, but our drives bogged down around the twenty each drive. I'm not sure what the yardage was on the first fourth down. Maybe 4th and 4 or 5. Personally I would of rather we went for it, even if we didn't get it. I could hear a collective sigh of relief from the other side when we settled for the three points.

I'm about as far from a football coach as they come and don't pretend to know half of what our Coaches know, but I would of liked to put one in the endzone on that first possesion. As easily as we moved the ball, a couple of quick TD's would of changed the entire flow of the game. We've been guilty of settling for a field goal too often this year. That is a credit to the ability of MoMo and I hope this isn't coming across as negative toward him. If he wasn't so good, some of those 4th and 3 or 4 decisions would be no brainer's and we'd automatically go for them. We aren't going to beat the good teams we have left to play unless we re-evalute that in my humble opinion.

I understand the aggravation. I was expecting a lot more Friday night also. I think the fact the we have one of the best kickers in 1A ball is fogging our decision making sometimes. If we had went on and punched that 1st possesion in the endzone instead of settling for a field goal I believe that would of taken a much bigger impact on Jo Byrns. We moved the ball easily on them all night, but our drives bogged down around the twenty each drive. I'm not sure what the yardage was on the first fourth down. Maybe 4th and 4 or 5. Personally I would of rather we went for it, even if we didn't get it. I could hear a collective sigh of relief from the other side when we settled for the three points.

I'm about as far from a football coach as they come and don't pretend to know half of what our Coaches know, but I would of liked to put one in the endzone on that first possesion. As easily as we moved the ball, a couple of quick TD's would of changed the entire flow of the game. We've been guilty of settling for a field goal too often this year. That is a credit to the ability of MoMo and I hope this isn't coming across as negative toward him. If he wasn't so good, some of those 4th and 3 or 4 decisions would be no brainer's and we'd automatically go for them. We aren't going to beat the good teams we have left to play unless we re-evalute that in my humble opinion.

/motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />