Is hunters lane out

Whocares08

After watching what the Gallatin players went through in 2003, due to no fault of the their own, I hate to see this happen to Hunters Lane. While I don't think this was the best Hunters Lane team that I have seen I did think they were the best team in the region. Terrible luck with little recourse. However I don't see any apparent withholding of information until this week if what is said on here is true. Looks to me like the player should have known the rules and the paper work should have pointed to this as a possible problem. But I do hate it for the innocent players. In our game I saw a lot of respect and no ill will toward the other team. (the cheerleaders were awful however and very disrespectful) There was no doubt who played better that night but once again it looks like Antioch will be handed the region trophy on a silver platter. The rest of the region is up for grabs. Gallatin, Hendersonville, McGavock, and Overton.......somebody ain't gettin in.

Yes week 10 and its come down to this, the lights on maybe one last time for some seniors, senior nights ruined while others are celebrated,each teams playoff hopes and playoff destinations on the line.Talent will not prevail in this game,strategies are useless.The guys wearing the jersey's must strap on those pads and that helmet and be ready to sacrifice everything to get what they want.They must look at whats on the side of their helmets and play with pride.Those who arent scared to take on these responsibilities will prevail,This is when you find out who truly has that it factor as a player,and who can carry the weight of a whole school and community on their shoulders.good luck to all,and especially the commandos.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a parent of a Hunter's Lane player I have a couple of questions.... What is considered reasonable research into the players. If the computer listed as eligble... do the coaches not have a right to play that player as eligble? Also a player has 4 years of eligibility. If he sat out one year, then he has only played for 4 years... thus he would be considered eligible. Wouldnt it be prudent to let the team know what is going on instead of them having to find out through gossip and here on Coach T?

This whole thing smells like Glencliff can't win on the field so they have to play dirty and always try and bring somebody down with underhanded garbage. Friday night it turned into a nasty game... They were getting their butts whipped on the field and so they started playing dirty.... hitting, pushing, shoving, coaches cussing out the refs with no consequences, late hits that weren't called. Holding that wasnt called, clipping that wasnt called.... I mean it just turned into a really nasty game... They still lost..... 35-0 but, does the blame lay on a coach that apparently cant handle his team, or on a team with no discipline and cant handle themselves on the field.

I guess I feel like if the coach's did a reasonable job of verifying eligibility and the computer was incorrect, why should the entire team have to suffer. To me, if they did everything reasonable to verify eligibility then they shouldnt have to suffer the consequences like that.

To start with, the team was told about this before anyone else was. They were told on Friday night after the game was over with, so they did not have to find out through gossip or by the internet. It fell on the coach at that point to let his team know that they could possibly have an ineligible player. Friday night did not turn into any of these actions that you are speaking of. I feel like you are trying to justify the fact that Hunters Lane is playing with an ineligible player. Unless you attended a different game than I did I think that these actions are made up. The truth to this whole matter is that the player in question did attend Glencliff and the players brought it to the coaches attention. The Glencliff coaches could have truthfully turned the school in but instead they brought it to the Hunters Lane coaches attention and the HL coaches turned this into the TSSAA. In reality Glencliff has nothing to gain from the player being declared ineligible. They have a losing record and in no way will they be able to go to the playoffs!! So you trying to blame this whole matter on Glencliff is not even understandable. The whole point is that everyone needs to follow the rules. The truth to this whole situation is that the player in question was put out of Glencliff for putting his hands on a teacher. So now students are rewarded for missing school and putting their hands on the administration?!?! So for everyone to be up on here trying to put the blame on Glencliff is completely ridicilous, the blame needs to fall on the player for not being honest up front with his coach when they believed earlier in the season that they were paying with an ineligible player. In the eligibility rules it states that you do have 8 semesters of eligibility, I would understand if the player missed school because of an illness but he missed because of actions that he chose to make. I believe that he should not be able to be on the field. I feel that the TSSAA rewards players for not attending school and for making the chose of putting their hands on a teacher. Maybe everyone should get all of the facts before they start trying to defend the actions of this player being in his 5th year of high school.

Yes this did all come about because of actions that the Glencliff coaches took by telling the HL coaches, but if this would have been taken care of in the beginning then this would not have been an issue during the 10th week of the season! So before everyone needs to take the blame off of Glencliff!! If Glencliff really wanted to be dirty about the situation then they could have not said anything to the HL coaches and just simply turned them in. The bottom line is that you are trying to say that Glencliff played dirty to justify the fact that this player was playing ineligibly!!!

To start with, the team was told about this before anyone else was. They were told on Friday night after the game was over with, so they did not have to find out through gossip or by the internet. It fell on the coach at that point to let his team know that they could possibly have an ineligible player. Friday night did not turn into any of these actions that you are speaking of. I feel like you are trying to justify the fact that Hunters Lane is playing with an ineligible player. Unless you attended a different game than I did I think that these actions are made up. The truth to this whole matter is that the player in question did attend Glencliff and the players brought it to the coaches attention. The Glencliff coaches could have truthfully turned the school in but instead they brought it to the Hunters Lane coaches attention and the HL coaches turned this into the TSSAA. In reality Glencliff has nothing to gain from the player being declared ineligible. They have a losing record and in no way will they be able to go to the playoffs!! So you trying to blame this whole matter on Glencliff is not even understandable. The whole point is that everyone needs to follow the rules. The truth to this whole situation is that the player in question was put out of Glencliff for putting his hands on a teacher. So now students are rewarded for missing school and putting their hands on the administration?!?! So for everyone to be up on here trying to put the blame on Glencliff is completely ridicilous, the blame needs to fall on the player for not being honest up front with his coach when they believed earlier in the season that they were paying with an ineligible player. In the eligibility rules it states that you do have 8 semesters of eligibility, I would understand if the player missed school because of an illness but he missed because of actions that he chose to make. I believe that he should not be able to be on the field. I feel that the TSSAA rewards players for not attending school and for making the chose of putting their hands on a teacher. Maybe everyone should get all of the facts before they start trying to defend the actions of this player being in his 5th year of high school.

Yes this did all come about because of actions that the Glencliff coaches took by telling the HL coaches, but if this would have been taken care of in the beginning then this would not have been an issue during the 10th week of the season! So before everyone needs to take the blame off of Glencliff!! If Glencliff really wanted to be dirty about the situation then they could have not said anything to the HL coaches and just simply turned them in. The bottom line is that you are trying to say that Glencliff played dirty to justify the fact that this player was playing ineligibly!!!

You are correct, I should not have assumed that a Glencliff coach would attempt to hurt the players in that manner. It did not come to light to me, until Monday morning that the coach had not turned him in but had talked to coach campbell directly. I do humbly apologize for my assumptions and rude behavior. As far as the player, whatever the reasons that he missed school, is between him, his parents, the school administration, the TSSAA and GOD. However they chose to deal with it, is truly between them. Once again, I do apologize for my actions and conduct.

You are correct, I should not have assumed that a Glencliff coach would attempt to hurt the players in that manner. It did not come to light to me, until Monday morning that the coach had not turned him in but had talked to coach campbell directly. I do humbly apologize for my assumptions and rude behavior. As far as the player, whatever the reasons that he missed school, is between him, his parents, the school administration, the TSSAA and GOD. However they chose to deal with it, is truly between them. Once again, I do apologize for my actions and conduct.

Would you apologize if the decision had not gone in HL favor probably not, I know people that were at that game and your accusations were false. It's a shame that you had to try and shed a bad light on Glencliff and the conduct of their players because HL might have to forfeit their games, yes we are all human but we should get our facts straight before we start bashing a school and their football players. Glencliff had nothing to gain by bringing this situation to light I believe that all they were trying to do was be fair to all the student athletes in the region that also have been upstanding repectful student athletes this season.

Would you apologize if the decision had not gone in HL favor probably not, I know people that were at that game and your accusations were false. It's a shame that you had to try and shed a bad light on Glencliff and the conduct of their players because HL might have to forfeit their games, yes we are all human but we should get our facts straight before we start bashing a school and their football players. Glencliff had nothing to gain by bringing this situation to light I believe that all they were trying to do was be fair to all the student athletes in the region that also have been upstanding repectful student athletes this season.

Actually, yes I would have apologized. I am not an unfair person. If Hunter's Lane had broken the rules I would have dealt with that situation.. You cannot tell me that you have never said things in anger or frustration that you had to apologize for later, if you havent then you must be superman. Whatever problems this student has had in the past are just that, in the past and people need to leave it there.

Apparently you sat on the Glencliff side of the game last week. There were many calls in that game that were garbage and I feel that way regardless of anything else that has gone on. Win or lose the game should be called fairly for both sides of the field and that didnt happen last Friday. But, as I have said it is in the past and should just be left alone.

I have apologized for bashing the school and the coaches and there is nothing more that I can do about that situation, I wish Glencliff the best of luck next year and hope that the school is able to turn around their losing past seasons and do something to get their program back on its feet. I hope that the students can make a way to unifying their team.

I hope that everyone understands that I said some things that I had no right to say this weekend and I do apologize... that is all a person can do, and hope that the posters on this page will understand.

Actually, yes I would have apologized. I am not an unfair person. If Hunter's Lane had broken the rules I would have dealt with that situation.. You cannot tell me that you have never said things in anger or frustration that you had to apologize for later, if you havent then you must be superman. Whatever problems this student has had in the past are just that, in the past and people need to leave it there.

Apparently you sat on the Glencliff side of the game last week. There were many calls in that game that were garbage and I feel that way regardless of anything else that has gone on. Win or lose the game should be called fairly for both sides of the field and that didnt happen last Friday. But, as I have said it is in the past and should just be left alone.

I have apologized for bashing the school and the coaches and there is nothing more that I can do about that situation, I wish Glencliff the best of luck next year and hope that the school is able to turn around their losing past seasons and do something to get their program back on its feet. I hope that the students can make a way to unifying their team.

I hope that everyone understands that I said some things that I had no right to say this weekend and I do apologize... that is all a person can do, and hope that the posters on this page will understand.

You may feel that the calls were garbage but if you were truthfully on the visitors side then you could not have heard what was being said by the Glencliff coaching staff when he was yelling at the refs towards the end of the game. He told the refs that no matter if the score was 35-0 that the game still needed to be called fairly otherwise they were going to get somebody hurt. I feel that this statement goes for both ways!! And no one EVER said that Glencliff doesn't have a unified team!! The team is unified they have just had some rough seasons and I think that every school at some point goes through that! I feel that now that the player was declared "eligible" you feel like you can bash the team by calls that where or where not made, just take the win and be happy for them that they didn't have to forfeit the game. But do you honestly feel that its appropriate for a student to still be eligible to play after putting his hands on a teacher and that being the true reason he had to leave Glencliff?!?!