Best Shooters in AA East Tennessee

net_burner_3

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

being a great shooter isnt about scoring points, or having a game where you hit six or seven three's. Its hitting shots when your team needs you too, and being able to do that ona nightly basis. Sometimes those go hang in hand. Larry Bird was a great shooter and a great scorer and the same goes for Pete Maravich. But lebron james might score 40 point and not hit a single three. Or Kobe might have a night where he hits 9 three's, but is he a "great shooter" i think not, he is a great player, but J.J. would shoot him out of the gym. You can tell a great shooter, by the way they release the ball, and the confidence they have when they are on the court. I can walk into a basketball game between two teams i havent even heard of, and pick out the best shooter in the gym, and he might not even score that night.

In Alcoa's last two games, Taylor has scored 31 and 30 points in wins over Carter and Morristown East.

Taylor Brown is a great shooter but I think that holzer kid from gatlinburg pittman is very deserving as well...the other night he had 4 threes in the first quarter...He has to be one of the best in east tennessee.

Drew Eller can only shoot against average teams. He didn't shoot "jack" against Sweetwater and Stone Memorial. I'm sure he will do very well against Kingston (average) tonight.

Eller is a little off right now but everyone who has played him has seen him hit big shots so give him time. Don't be hater just because he plays for one of your rivals.

As to your previous post of W. Allen shooting 60%, warm ups don't count the shots have to happen when the clock is running and the score is being kept. Just kidding SweetH2O, how many shots has he taken? Just curious I'd like for some of the teams I've seen play this year hit 60% from the free throw line and with thier lay ups.

So Drew has struggled at times this year. He was District 4 AA player of the year last year and he is loudon high schools leader in career and season 3 point field goals made. I think he hit 7 three pointers in at least 4 different games last year and against pretty good teams.