Warren Co. vs Cookeville

Phoenix

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Improving steadily? There is some improvement, but they have only won against weaker opponents. Shouldn't have lost to Tullahoma or Lincoln Co. Coffee Co. has a good team this year, but shouldn't have beat them as bad as they did. Franklin Co. has things turning around and if WC is not careful they could be back at the bottom of the region. Just seems like they have way too much talent not to be at the top of the region and not going a couple of rounds into the playoffs.

I also said it wasn't saying much. Madewell has got them winning games, weak opponents or not, before they weren't beating anybody. They are where Coffee County was a few years ago but not as talented. The Raiders couldn't beat anybody...except Warren County...then Price comes in and they start winning games over some weaker teams and have improved to the point where they have beaten Cookeville and can compete..nearly beat Brentwood last year. But Warren County does not have the talent ON THE FIELD to go a couple of rounds into the playoffs...no matter who is coaching. ... but I don't wanna take away from this week. I wish them luck, but I think Cookeville wins fairly easily.

I also said it wasn't saying much. Madewell has got them winning games, weak opponents or not, before they weren't beating anybody. They are where Coffee County was a few years ago but not as talented. The Raiders couldn't beat anybody...except Warren County...then Price comes in and they start winning games over some weaker teams and have improved to the point where they have beaten Cookeville and can compete..nearly beat Brentwood last year. But Warren County does not have the talent ON THE FIELD to go a couple of rounds into the playoffs...no matter who is coaching. ... but I don't wanna take away from this week. I wish them luck, but I think Cookeville wins fairly easily.

pedo_29 I always enjoy your posts and agree with them for the most part. However, the talent is there. They have a kicker who is deadly from 50 yards in, a big bruising fullback who plays his butt off, several speedy good handed receivers, a decent QB and a line who has a couple of guys who can squat almost 500 pounds and bench close to 300. On defense there are some beasts #28 Reich, #33 Harris, #11 Dunn, decent LB's and the DB's are pretty good cover guys but aren't too physical. It seems like turnovers, lack of discipline at times and play calling seem to hurt them all to often. They had Lincoln and Tullahoma beat and ended up losing. Up 13-7 @ Lincoln with over a minute to go at the half with all the time outs and chose to run the clock out? Playing Ensworth last Friday night and was down 21-3 with 10 minutes left in the game and was still running dive plays and weren't hustling back to the huddle? Coach Madewell has done a good job, but it just seems like they just can't turn the corner and pull out an upset or hold on to a lead. Maybe they can upset Cookeville and like you wish them luck also.

I agree with what you are saying except for the part about the "big brusing fullback" hasn't shown much the past few games. Could be because WC is so predictable that other teams have his number. Also saying WC has a "decent" QB might be a little nice. But bottom line is offensive play calling. Coaches are responsible for the Tullahoma loss, and the Lincoln County loss. Had opportunity to win and blew it ! If you look back on the season when WC gets a big lead they can win but if it's close the coaches can't bring them to a win. Just stating fact. Nevertheless, I hope WC can beat Cookeville to at least finish with a winning season.

I agree with what you are saying except for the part about the "big brusing fullback" hasn't shown much the past few games. Could be because WC is so predictable that other teams have his number. Also saying WC has a "decent" QB might be a little nice. But bottom line is offensive play calling. Coaches are responsible for the Tullahoma loss, and the Lincoln County loss. Had opportunity to win and blew it ! If you look back on the season when WC gets a big lead they can win but if it's close the coaches can't bring them to a win. Just stating fact. Nevertheless, I hope WC can beat Cookeville to at least finish with a winning season.

Your exactly right! Predictable is the key word. 1st down 34 dive, 2nd down toss sweep, 3rd down QB sack or incomplete pass and punt on 4th!

Yes that's it exactly! Shame. Then the defense plays to conservative. Hardly ever pressures the QB! I feel bad for those boys. They deserve better.

Yeah, I think on defense line they should "attack" instead of just lock up with the guy blocking them and try to see were the ball is going! Talked to one Dad who had a son that played last year and one of the coach's told him after a game that he was "too aggresive" on defense. What the crap? They have a few coaches that do a good job and some that shouldn't be allowed near the field! The new strength coach (Derose) has been a nice addition. It's not all the coaches fault, some of the seniors haven't showed good leadership and work ethic. Playing in softball tourneys on weekends, skipping practice to play in a madden video tourney and playing Jaycee basketball before the season is over with? Dedication to the team? Over all the boys have worked hard this season and a win tonight can do wonders for those who have chosen to be a team player!

Once again I agree with you totally. "too aggressive"?? Can you be too aggressive in football? That is the stupidest thing I ever heard! And yes some of the football coaches should not be allowed on the field. I do agree about the seniors they should be doing nothing until football is over. Taking chances like spraining ankles because you are playing Jaycee basketball, or caught in Hastings in a Madden tourney is unexcuseable! I know some seniors have been very devoted, but some haven't, just like you said, you have to question the devotion to the team. I really hope they can win tonight as well, however it will take some play calling that is not expected and a "too aggressive denfense". Ha!

Sure Garbaldi is good but Chase Officer hasnt played up to his potential all year ,short arms, fumbles, TERRIBLE route running drop passes.He is a good kid but until he learns to go 100 % every play he will continue to be someone with potential that didnt live up to it.Sure the coaches can carry some blame but the offense is a read offense.The players are supposed to read the defense and react accordingly ,sometimes this doesnt happen to well.I have seen the coaches on the sideline Headset in hand ready to toss it many times this year.The blame for the losses could be spread around to MANY MANY people not just coaches not just players its a collective effort.

On the bright side we have won a few games and been in alot of the games this year.The program is getting better and lets all hope it continues to progress

Sure Garbaldi is good but Chase Officer hasnt played up to his potential all year ,short arms, fumbles, TERRIBLE route running drop passes.He is a good kid but until he learns to go 100 % every play he will continue to be someone with potential that didnt live up to it.Sure the coaches can carry some blame but the offense is a read offense.The players are supposed to read the defense and react accordingly ,sometimes this doesnt happen to well.I have seen the coaches on the sideline Headset in hand ready to toss it many times this year.The blame for the losses could be spread around to MANY MANY people not just coaches not just players its a collective effort.

On the bright side we have won a few games and been in alot of the games this year.The program is getting better and lets all hope it continues to progress

Agree. Officer has all the physical tools and hasn't played up to his potential. Several things need to be evaluated and addressed at the end of the year to keep this program moving forward.

Would have thought a thread been started by now. Both teams are coming off a loss last week. Who will be third in Region 3-5A?

i think warren co will takethis is the defense play good and if chase go 100% and the offense go 100% ang give T-holt the ball more and kyrie harris will do his thing tonight they will bring a win back home lets go pioneers!