Ooltewah @ Knox Bearden

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone from Region 1 have any info on Bearden? How about you Farragut fans you played them early on, give us the low down. It appears they did not have a lot of problems scoring points nor did they give up many except for the Farragut game. Are they a running team, passing team or just well balanced? What's the defense like? Can they stop the run?

Any information much appreciated.

Go Owls, show up like you did last week and you can play with anyone.

Bearden's offense is lead by #9 QB Dawson Halliday and #19 RB Torey Works. Prior to last Friday Halliday was 111/187 for 1154 yards, 9 total TDs. Works 179 carries for 1099 yards. Halliday is a senior who has started since he was a sophmore. He is a good competitor with a good arm that will not get rattled. Works has good, not great speed, but runs extremely hard. Bearden runs primarily from a spread set on offense. Their WR's are probably overlooked but can make plays. Defensively they are very active and physical. I don't think they have the speed to contain Marshall without scheming to do so.

Bearden's offense is lead by #9 QB Dawson Halliday and #19 RB Torey Works. Prior to last Friday Halliday was 111/187 for 1154 yards, 9 total TDs. Works 179 carries for 1099 yards. Halliday is a senior who has started since he was a sophmore. He is a good competitor with a good arm that will not get rattled. Works has good, not great speed, but runs extremely hard. Bearden runs primarily from a spread set on offense. Their WR's are probably overlooked but can make plays. Defensively they are very active and physical. I don't think they have the speed to contain Marshall without scheming to do so.

thanks Starpower. It really all depends on what team shows up for Ooltewah. We have alot of talent on our team , other than the ones you always hear about. Polk is going to be every bit as good as Marshall. From the looks of things we will be a strong contender next year. Our QB will be more mature then and a few people will graduate and change the chemistry of the team. Looking ahead even further, we have a couple of boys on our freshman team that are amazing, our tailback and our quarterback are virtual one man teams. I have never been so impressed with young players as I am with these two boys.

I know the boys are excited to have made it to the playoffs, lets just see what they can do with that excitement. Owls by 7

Go OWLS!

Starpower

This is your ole Gov buddy... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> This is good info.....Could you breakdown the CC team for us on the CC vs WB thread???

tpoole12

we have a couple of boys on our freshman team that are amazing, our tailback and our quarterback are virtual one man teams. I have never been so impressed with young players as I am with these two boys..

Go OWLS!

Now this is not good news for me owlfanatic....... /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Thanks Starpower, hope to see you in the Quarter-Finals. We will have a tough road to get there. Let's go Region 2 and sweep Region 1.

Go Owls

I think we should start with what we know, pound the ball until they stop us. I do think at times Benny gets nervous and gets away from the run to early (maybe some hurry up to the line type stuff and fast pace offense). I would like to see some more mis-direction type reverses and maybe some other type trick sorta plays just to keep teams honest. Reviewing the stats I think the owls can run on bearden but should be a close game. Our defense needs to come out with an attitude and put many as many in the box as we can and make them beat us with their air attack. You?

Our defense needs to come out fired up and ready to play. Our offense will be fine, but it would be great to throw in a few unexpected plays. I hate it when I can call the next play from the stands. If I know it, the opposing team surely knows it. We missed Gino last week, but I thought the boys did a fine job. I was glad to see Polk get to run some. An attack of offense with him and Brian, and SHumaker, Swafford, and Gino should be able to get the job done. Reed is coming around too. I look for a few more passes early in the game and then it will be run, run, run, as long as the O-Line is doing their job. You making the trip to Bearden?

GO OWLS!

Now this is not good news for me owlfanatic....... /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

TPOOLE.......you should have seen these guys against Farragut on Saturday. I'm telling you, if we are lucky, these boys will be amazing in a year or two. I wnt to that game Saturday and saw the Farragut team and thought"man, we're going to get killed...look at the size of them". Well, Im here to tell you, our tailback would only go down with 3 or 4 boys hanging onto to him, and then he'd pick up an extra 5-7 yards. Oh well, 'nuff about that....that;s the future. What do you think we owls need to do to win this one and meet up with you guys again in round 2, for a real OOltewah vs WB ballgame? WIn or lose, I just want to see the two teams play on all cylinders.

GO OWLS!

Our defense needs to come out fired up and ready to play. Our offense will be fine, but it would be great to throw in a few unexpected plays. I hate it when I can call the next play from the stands. If I know it, the opposing team surely knows it. We missed Gino last week, but I thought the boys did a fine job. I was glad to see Polk get to run some. An attack of offense with him and Brian, and SHumaker, Swafford, and Gino should be able to get the job done. Reed is coming around too. I look for a few more passes early in the game and then it will be run, run, run, as long as the O-Line is doing their job. You making the trip to Bearden?

GO OWLS!

You're right, I hope we are a little less predictable. I think Brady has made great strides this year. His decision making is so much better now than at the first of the year. We have to tackle and play disciplined D like we did last week at SD and I think we should be fine. Still don't know enough about Bearden to make a call, but if we play like we know how we should win by at least 7.

Go Owls