2A its offical

GotGame

I say that about last year's GP game because that was a two touchdown loss (and the game was closer than the score indicated) to one of three AA teams to give Alcoa anything close to a game. I'm not taking anything away from Rockwood. If I knew more about their team I would have a better idea about this game. I think its going to be an excellent first round match up but I believe that GP comes out on top.

Hmmm... my math's not so good, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think 44-28 is 16; that would be a 3 position ballgame...not 2 touchdowns (seeing how 7+7=14). I guess you're adding in 2 pt conversions instead of PATs.

I still say Rockwood wins and makes Region 2 proud and CAK getting the shaft. No way should CAK be 4th in the East...much tougher schedule than CG.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GP has made the playoffs 26 straight years since 1981 most of that in 3A, making the playoffs is not the goal going to state is.Yes their in a weak region but they are good team, when their starters play the whole game as againist CG they held CG passing game to 247 and rushing to minus 83. They are a hand full and ready to move deep they are not the most talented, but they have a very talented coaching staff and a never quit attitude.They are healthy right now, could'nt come at a better time.They had a terrible game againist rutledge with 5 turnovers a decent team who took carter to the wire , in the playoffs 5 turnovers and your out.It should get exciting next few weeks everyone have fun.

Hmmm... my math's not so good, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think 44-28 is 16; that would be a 3 position ballgame...not 2 touchdowns (seeing how 7+7=14). I guess you're adding in 2 pt conversions instead of PATs.

I still say Rockwood wins and makes Region 2 proud and CAK getting the shaft. No way should CAK be 4th in the East...much tougher schedule than CG.

Yes I am adding two point conversions (seeing how 8+8=16). At least in my part of East TN that's known as a two possession game. I do understand that Alcoa has not been in one of those lately.

Forgive me if this taken as a smart alek comment, but it really is not desired to come across that way. Why does Alcoa not do as Greeneville and Sullivan North and play up a division? I don't think anyone in the state would argue that they dominate AA football. Would it not be to Alcoa's advantage to play up and have competitive games against the Fultons, Catholics, and AEs of the world instead of winning the AA state title every year by 4 or 5 touchdowns.

No offense taken, really. Alcoa has actually had a couple of 2 point conversions this year.

The reason Alcoa doesn't play up (and this has been brought up again, and again, and again) is that our enrollment is not even 500. Some day we'll probably have the numbers to move up, but why move up when every year you have a different team? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

We have played AE and Fulton in past years, along with McCallie, and, of course, there's always Maryville.

Gat. Pit. and CG are closer to moving up than we are.

I'd love to see Alcoa play G-P and/or CG during the regular season. I really don't understand why they don't play. Of course, in the future I could see us being in the same region since CAK will be moving to 3A next period. Loudon is 2 over the enrollment for 2A, so they may be next.

I have no clue why SNHS & Greeneville play up. GHS looks to be having some success, but SNHS should look into playing in their class next year. Then again, different year, different team.