Rockwood vs. GP

Took

You need to just sign off and stay off lol

FORGET THE SCHEDULE, RECORDS, AND THE ACADEMICS YA KEEP BRINGING UP FOR SOME REASON!

I realize academics are important and football is 2nd behind that but this is a sports website so quit talking bout how you rank high in the merit stuff... WE DONT CARE lol We coming to play football not have a debate or a math test.

The senior class for rockwood hasn't been anywhere in the playoffs since their freshman year. Only one of them played as a freshman and GP will get all they want and more from him. When it comes to post-season play the tigers know how to win under webber. He knows how to get the job done and he will get it done come friday night. Should be a diaper dandy but the tigers D is just to much for GP. Watch and see it will be muddy nasty and a fun one to watch. They couldn't get the job against webber in 04 and they will fail again this year. Webber knows how to win in the playoffs... Its that easy kids

And for the dumb ppl thats going to say well where has rockwood been the last couple years...

NOTE: I said in the playoffs he knows how to win so dont start running your mouth but us not making it the last couple yrs.

What makes him such a better coach come playoff time? Most great coaches make the playoffs consistently.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Dear Coacht Posters,

"Due to the magnitude of this week's game and high volume of questions for the Rockwood Tigers about the GP Highlanders. I will be taking all questions immediately following Friday's game.

"Sincerely, Took

"p.s. Getcha Popcorn Ready." /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Don't have any more popcorn left, I ate it all watching CAK play Rockwood last week. Rockwood looked so good it was scary.

You need to just sign off and stay off lol

FORGET THE SCHEDULE, RECORDS, AND THE ACADEMICS YA KEEP BRINGING UP FOR SOME REASON!

I realize academics are important and football is 2nd behind that but this is a sports website so quit talking bout how you rank high in the merit stuff... WE DONT CARE lol We coming to play football not have a debate or a math test.

The senior class for rockwood hasn't been anywhere in the playoffs since their freshman year. Only one of them played as a freshman and GP will get all they want and more from him. When it comes to post-season play the tigers know how to win under webber. He knows how to get the job done and he will get it done come friday night. Should be a diaper dandy but the tigers D is just to much for GP. Watch and see it will be muddy nasty and a fun one to watch. They couldn't get the job against webber in 04 and they will fail again this year. Webber knows how to win in the playoffs... Its that easy kids

And for the dumb ppl thats going to say well where has rockwood been the last couple years...

NOTE: I said in the playoffs he knows how to win so dont start running your mouth but us not making it the last couple yrs.

I have only responded to the many posts about how "tough" the Rockwood schedule. Personally, I don't believe it will have any bearing on the game. And as far as academics are concerned, GP's has been question several times. I am the one asking why no one is actually discussing the game. In fact, from what I have seen, most of the pro-Rockwood posts have had little if anything to do with sports.

I do think the game will be a good one. I look forward to watching some football. It has been a long two weeks for us.

I have only responded to the many posts about how "tough" the Rockwood schedule. Personally, I don't believe it will have any bearing on the game. And as far as academics are concerned, GP's has been question several times. I am the one asking why no one is actually discussing the game. In fact, from what I have seen, most of the pro-Rockwood posts have had little if anything to do with sports.

I do think the game will be a good one. I look forward to watching some football. It has been a long two weeks for us.

Its been a long season since you ain't beat anyone with a above .500 record besides that barn burner game with cumberland that if their cumberlands qb wouldn't have got hurt rockwood would be playin cumberland instead of G.P. When you play somebody who wins more than half or atleast half they're game then you can say something!

tellico Plians (3a) 0-10 .000

Sequoyah (3a) 2-8 .200

Chuckey-Doak (2a) 3-7 .300

Piegon Forge (3a) 3-7 .300

Happy Valley (2a) 4-6 .400

Rutledge (3a) {Yall Lost} 7-3 .700

North Greene (2a) 1-9 .100

South Greene (2a) 4-6 .400

West greene (2a) 1-9 .100

Cumberland Gap (2a) 9-1 .900

and P.S......Please don't break out the ACT test booklets when Rockwood is kickin your butts in the 4th and the game is already put away! Bc we all know ya'll up there are so much smarter than us country people! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

goodluck though

Rockwood by 21

eat it up friday night goat! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

WHATEVER IT TAKES...

What makes him such a better coach come playoff time? Most great coaches make the playoffs consistently.

Preach it brother, preach it! Also, I'll play that dumb game. So why hasn't Rockwood been to the playoffs in a couple of years? What's the talk about Rockwoods #41? Why not play? Hurt?

As I look outside hear in this tropical rain forest they call pittman I see rain drops a fallin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its been a long season since you ain't beat anyone with a above .500 record besides that barn burner game with cumberland that if their cumberlands qb wouldn't have got hurt rockwood would be playin cumberland instead of G.P. When you play somebody who wins more than half or atleast half they're game then you can say something!

tellico Plians (3a) 0-10 .000

Sequoyah (3a) 2-8 .200

Chuckey-Doak (2a) 3-7 .300

Piegon Forge (3a) 3-7 .300

Happy Valley (2a) 4-6 .400

Rutledge (3a) {Yall Lost} 7-3 .700

North Greene (2a) 1-9 .100

South Greene (2a) 4-6 .400

West greene (2a) 1-9 .100

Cumberland Gap (2a) 9-1 .900

and P.S......Please don't break out the ACT test booklets when Rockwood is kickin your butts in the 4th and the game is already put away! Bc we all know ya'll up there are so much smarter than us country people! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

goodluck though

Rockwood by 21

eat it up friday night goat! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

WHATEVER IT TAKES...

Something. If!If!If! If Alcoa, Sweewater, CAK,........weren't in your region you might not always finish fourth or lower and have to come to the Thicket!!!!What happened to the CG qb? It is football isn't it? Roast Goat is mighty good!!!!!!!!!!!

Preach it brother, preach it! Also, I'll play that dumb game. So why hasn't Rockwood been to the playoffs in a couple of years? What's the talk about Rockwoods #41? Why not play? Hurt?

As I look outside hear in this tropical rain forest they call pittman I see rain drops a fallin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is it natural rain or the sprinklers of old ????????????????????

is it natural rain or the sprinklers of old ????????????????????

I could be wrong but I think that was a sarcastic comment. If any of you who accuse GP of watering down the field knew much of anything about the geography or weather of East TN you would know that Gatlinburg is in the Great Smoky Mountains which are part of the Appalachian Mountain chain. When a frontal boundry reaches a mountain chain, it usually becomes a stationary front. That explains how it can be raining in Gatlinburg and no other areas of East TN.

Does rain and a wet field benefit GP's style of play? Yes. But that doesn't mean they wet down the field. I have personally witnessed helicopters hover over the field on game day in an attempt to dry the field. To accuse GP of cheating in such a manner is an audacious statement.

I also believe that no one said the people of Rockwood were by any means less intelligent than anyone from Gatlinburg. Zack Peddicord is one of the finest and most intelligent individuals I have ever met. The statements about GP's academic standing were in response to comments made by a few Alcoa fans who believe they are superior to everyone but their older brother Maryville in everything.

I could be wrong but I think that was a sarcastic comment. If any of you who accuse GP of watering down the field knew much of anything about the geography or weather of East TN you would know that Gatlinburg is in the Great Smoky Mountains which are part of the Appalachian Mountain chain. When a frontal boundry reaches a mountain chain, it usually becomes a stationary front. That explains how it can be raining in Gatlinburg and no other areas of East TN.

Does rain and a wet field benefit GP's style of play? Yes. But that doesn't mean they wet down the field. I have personally witnessed helicopters hover over the field on game day in an attempt to dry the field. To accuse GP of cheating in such a manner is an audacious statement.

I also believe that no one said the people of Rockwood were by any means less intelligent than anyone from Gatlinburg. Zack Peddicord is one of the finest and most intelligent individuals I have ever met. The statements about GP's academic standing were in response to comments made by a few Alcoa fans who believe they are superior to everyone but their older brother Maryville in everything.

First i am not from Rockwood. Second i am not from anderson county but i made the trip to GP several years ago to see that game i would bet the farm it had been watered down all the ground away from the field was not anckle deep help me with that one i also have family that lives in GP country and i was there one day before the game. so you tell me??????????????????????????