Lake County

lcfalcon9

Well that is quite tragic. you got all those coaches sittin in the freakin bleachers eatin popcorn /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> and not on the field helping those kids. Now he really should be fired.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Ah Xerces, I can tell we are becoming fast friend /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> s!!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Ah Xerces, I can tell we are becoming fast friend /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> s!!!

I know, you sound like one cool cat. and by the way /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> right back at ya my friend.

u cant beat a barger. im at cannon county where is brother chad is the coach. and every1 loves him here. hope you all can get ur problems worked out

[/quote

AGREE 100% we miss him greatly! Coach P will never take the falcons or do for the falcons like Barger did! Him and his brother are awesome. I met his brother at my sons playoff game last year. outstanding

Well that is quite tragic. you got all those coaches sittin in the freakin bleachers eatin popcorn /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> and not on the field helping those kids. Now he really should be fired.

I have nothing against coach P. I don't know him. I don't know a lot about football but I do know a little. The games that I was able to attend which wasn't many due to my crazy work schedule, I did not understand his play calling. Seems like a lot of times he ran when he should have passed and passed when he should have run. We would get the ball down to the 2 yard line and start passing when you have a 250 pound back that is carrying tacklers 5 yards after contact. Third and long and we would run the ball. I am not impugning his play calling I just don't understand it. But I am not a coach. However, I have been watching Falcon football for around 35 years and during that time I have seen some pretty good Falcon coaches. Wooten, Sturdivant, Baker, the 1994 coach and Barger come to mind. Not a lot of style to their coaching but a whole lot of substance. Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse !!!! me on that 1994(last state championship appearance) coach but his name escapes me. I'm old just in case you brilliant Coacht posters haven't figured that out yet. Then we have the forgettable coaches just prior to Barger's arrival. I can't name them because I can't remember their names. I do unfortunately for me remember their legacy and it ain't pretty. I will say one more thing about coach P that I heard with my own ears. It ain't hearsay for me even though it is for ya'll. I was at the game at Greenfield. It was after a touchdown by the Yellowjackets and they were going for two. They lined up on offense and coach P noticed that the Falcons had no players to the left side of the field. Coach P turned immediately to one of his assistant coaches and said and I qoute " We don't have anybody on that side of the field" and then he turned back to the field of play and after about 3 seconds the ball was snapped and the Greenfield QB ran it in untouched. Then Coach P turned again immediately to his assitant coach and said I qoute "I told you we didn"t have anybody on that side of the field". Here is a multiple choice question coacht posters, and unlike adsmomma(needs to be cooking some man's dinner) and Xoryes(confused) you don't have to be a coach to answer this question, heck you don't even have to know anything about football. You can be a sideline coach or bleacher coach or a armchair quarteback cuz' I believe in equal opportunity.

What should your garden variety coach faced with such a dilemma as coach P as qouted above do?

A. Call a timeout

B. Yell to his players to get to the undefended side of the field.

C. Kick a field goal.

D. Turn to assistant coach and warn him about the problem on the field.

E. None of the above

F. All of the above

G. A and B

Tough question I know. adsmomma(needs to be cooking some man's dinner) and Xoryes(confused) can work on this together. The rest of you are on your own....... /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I have nothing against coach P. I don't know him. I don't know a lot about football but I do know a little. The games that I was able to attend which wasn't many due to my crazy work schedule, I did not understand his play calling. Seems like a lot of times he ran when he should have passed and passed when he should have run. We would get the ball down to the 2 yard line and start passing when you have a 250 pound back that is carrying tacklers 5 yards after contact. Third and long and we would run the ball. I am not impugning his play calling I just don't understand it. But I am not a coach. However, I have been watching Falcon football for around 35 years and during that time I have seen some pretty good Falcon coaches. Wooten, Sturdivant, Baker, the 1994 coach and Barger come to mind. Not a lot of style to their coaching but a whole lot of substance. Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse !!!! me on that 1994(last state championship appearance) coach but his name escapes me. I'm old just in case you brilliant Coacht posters haven't figured that out yet. Then we have the forgettable coaches just prior to Barger's arrival. I can't name them because I can't remember their names. I do unfortunately for me remember their legacy and it ain't pretty. I will say one more thing about coach P that I heard with my own ears. It ain't hearsay for me even though it is for ya'll. I was at the game at Greenfield. It was after a touchdown by the Yellowjackets and they were going for two. They lined up on offense and coach P noticed that the Falcons had no players to the left side of the field. Coach P turned immediately to one of his assistant coaches and said and I qoute " We don't have anybody on that side of the field" and then he turned back to the field of play and after about 3 seconds the ball was snapped and the Greenfield QB ran it in untouched. Then Coach P turned again immediately to his assitant coach and said I qoute "I told you we didn"t have anybody on that side of the field". Here is a multiple choice question coacht posters, and unlike adsmomma(needs to be cooking some man's dinner) and FBneedstobesomeplace else you don't have to be a coach to answer this question, heck you don't even have to know anything about football. You can be a sideline coach or bleacher coach or a armchair quarteback cuz' I believe in equal opportunity.

What should your garden variety coach faced with such a dilemma as coach P as qouted above do?

Tough question I know. adsmomma(needs to be cooking some man's dinner) and FBneedstobesomeplace else can work on this together. The rest of you are on your own....... /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

EXCUSE ME!!!!! YOU are another one that needs to be reading post in MAIN football forum about CRITICISM OF COACHES, OR go BACK to school get your degree and get coaching job yourself!! AND YOU SAID IT PERFECTLY...YOU ARE NOT A COACH!!!! p.s. I GOT RID OF LAST MALE CHAUVINIST!!!! AND BELIEVE ME I "COOKED HIM GOOD" /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Oh yeah spellerone forgot to add..... I bet you really have a way with the women /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> On a more serious note if you don't like said coach, take some action to get him removed OR give him a chance and rally behind him and support him, BUT STOP WHINING!

It sound like some people in here are getting very upset with one another. I have a solution, but I will save that for another time.

Nah, just don't like chauvinistic statements demeaning women!! I would prefer to think of us as equal on this board /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Just an observation, but if the man could go, get a degree, and become a coach, then he should know that telling kids that they can do what they want and not get punished or only worrying about their appearance on the field, then hard losses like this past Friday are only going to come more often. I bet it is not easy to be a coach, I have never walked around in a coach's shoes before, but the way I look at it, the main problems is not on the playing field, but in the minds/ hearts of the players. And I for one think it is because of a lack of discipline from your dear Coach P.

You know, its funny what a turn a program can take in a year.

well when you lose a qb runningback fullback 2 wide reciever and 2 all-state linemen your program is gonna take a turn. then you go and put in a whole new playbook. we did good this year we are a young team we lose 4 seniors who start. don't expect lake county to get better next year tho. it will be a couple of years before we do. we lose 3 linemen and a runningback.

It sound like some people in here are getting very upset with one another. I have a solution, but I will save that for another time.

I'm not upset i am just playing a little and being serious a little. Most people can tell the difference, I think. If I was upset i wouldn't end my post with a smiley face. I am sorry if it offends some that I don't like the way coach P coaches but last time I checked I am entitled to my opinion as are others. I don't mad about this stuff. Young men are dying overseas, those situations bother me. Football is way down on my list of priorities. Don't get it twisted though I do love high school football. It just doesn't upset me. Thanks for the offer of help Legend. I'll be glad to hear it though it doesn't apply in this situation.

well when you lose a qb runningback fullback 2 wide reciever and 2 all-state linemen your program is gonna take a turn. then you go and put in a whole new playbook. we did good this year we are a young team we lose 4 seniors who start. don't expect lake county to get better next year tho. it will be a couple of years before we do. we lose 3 linemen and a runningback.

You guys did a great job with all the player losses you had from last year's team. There was bound to be a dropoff. I don't know coach P and I have nothing against him personally. I wish nothing but the best for the team. You support your coach and I would expect nothing less. I gotta call like I see 'em. Nothing personal.