Mt. Juliet

shakeandbake91

Just to Shine a little topic on the Mt. Juliet Topic, As a Team Mt. Juliet high school hasn't really been really good in alot of year, to find an actually good Mt. Juliet wrestling team you have to go back to probably late 90's like 97 or 98...Since then all their teams have been ok or bad... there for about 5 years 99 to 2004 they normally finished 3rd in their region behind Keenwood and Clarksville and these teams would only have 3 or 4 good wrestlers who were always in the finals of tournament but fell just short at state...and from 05 to now Mj hasn't been doing all that great!!!

As for the middle school goes, it was more like 7 to 8 years that willis had those undefeated seasons and it is true, the middle school was dominate, didn't really produce any state champions but alot of studs for a good amount of time, ill name you some off of those studs off those two teams and you can see why the high school which could ahve been stacked in wrestling for a good 4 year span stayed average!!!

Bill Seaman - 4 time state qualifier and 2 time placer (Wrestled fot MJ High) ranked 3 different years

Clint Toler - 3 time state qualifer and 2 time quarterfinalist (Wrestled for MJ) ranked as freshman and senior

Tony Anatrella - 2 time State qualifier and quarterfinalist (Wrestled for MJ) ranked senior year

Dusty Griffin - 3 time State qualifier, quaterfinalist and Semi Finalist (Wrestled for Wilson Central) .Ranked twice

David Foster - State Qualifier (Wrestled for Wilson Central)

Zac Foster - 2 time state qualifier (Wrestled for Wilson Central)

Todd Henderson - 2 time state qualifier and quarterfinalist ( Wrestled for Hillsboro)...Ranked going into state

Chip Thomason - 2 time State qualifier (Wrestled for Maryville)...

Zach Thomason - 3 time State qualifier (Wrestled for Maryville) ... ranked going into state 3 times

There is 9 quality wrestler who could have worked together and made a really tough team possible even a team to make it to team state, but as you see they all kinda got split up when they went to high schoole, this could have been a MJ dream team from 2000 to 2003 but just didnt work out... There are some stats for you

I followed MJ in the late 90's and they were on the verge of having a really good program. Then, I believe in 2001 or 2002 the school split and it hasn't been the same since. That 97/98 team was ranked in the top ten at one point during the season.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you 3rd period, proving my point

I think any school could excel if they tried. Alot of programs

just provide an opportunity to wrestle. You have to go 110%

to excel. Most school programs don't concentrate on producing

athletes, and/or they neglect the technical development of the

wrestlers. I have seen many gifted wrestlers loose matches

because their opponents over powered them. It took a real wrestler

to win state last year @ 215 D1!

Make them athletes and teach them how to wrestle!

If MJ commits to developing the right program, they could excel!

I don't think it can be done (overnight), or from (Nov. thru Feb.),

but it can be done with commitment. Time will tell?

And your battles with Noah Nichols and mine with Mike Eakes were good matches wouldn't you think. You should contact me through Skinny if you are back from Texas?

OH JEFF MY FREIND, STILL IN TEXAS. WISH I WAS THERE SO I COULD COME WATCH YOUR SON. MAN HOW I MISS THOSE DAYS. DAYS THAT WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN WHAT THEY WERE WITHOUT THE COMPETITION BETWEEN YOU AND I, OR SHALL I SAY BUTT WHOPPINS I TOOK. I HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. HOPE TO SEE YALL SOON....

And your battles with Noah Nichols and mine with Mike Eakes were good matches wouldn't you think. You should contact me through Skinny if you are back from Texas?

OH JEFF MY FREIND, STILL IN TEXAS. WISH I WAS THERE SO I COULD COME WATCH YOUR SON. MAN HOW I MISS THOSE DAYS. DAYS THAT WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN WHAT THEY WERE WITHOUT THE COMPETITION BETWEEN YOU AND I, OR SHALL I SAY BUTT WHOPPINS I TOOK. I HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. HOPE TO SEE YALL SOON....

Tim,

I saw Skinny yesterday and talked about old times. Today is the 1st day of sign ups at Bear Club Wrestling. This will be our 3rd year as a club. We had 30 kids our 1st year 40 kids last year and are expecting over 50 this year. I do wish you were here. My son Colin has aquired your head throw. I don't know where he got it from! Have you ever seen me throw anybody? Hope all is well with everyone in your family. Give Shane my best. Also, our Bear Club Wrestling Tournament will be on Saturday Jan., 26th. Email me @ bearsonme@comcast.net

Tim,

I saw Skinny yesterday and talked about old times. Today is the 1st day of sign ups at Bear Club Wrestling. This will be our 3rd year as a club. We had 30 kids our 1st year 40 kids last year and are expecting over 50 this year. I do wish you were here. My son Colin has aquired your head throw. I don't know where he got it from! Have you ever seen me throw anybody? Hope all is well with everyone in your family. Give Shane my best. Also, our Bear Club Wrestling Tournament will be on Saturday Jan., 26th. Email me @ bearsonme@comcast.net

What's the age group and weights for the Bear Club Wrestling Tournament?