Spring Fling to Memphis, so...

Guest kenwoodrun

Guest kenwoodrun

I just heard that the Spring Fling (site of the outdoor track championship, among others) has moved to Memphis for a 3 year contract, 2003-2005...so I guess it's so long to the pale blue track of GPS. I'm actually kinda sad about it, we've got some great memories of that place.

SO anyway...does anybody know what facility will be used in Memphis for the championships? Will it be at the U of Memphis? Where's this thing going to be...

What kind of drive is that for you eastern Tennesseans? Thoughts, anyone?

Guest 2003Senior2Shine

OK. I live in Eastern Tennessee. GPS was up the road form me. Boys Track State was on a Saturday. Therefore, I practiced everyday until that Saturday at my school track until the track meet on Saturday. Its in Memphis now. Which I am excited about it and I am going to probably leave at the beginning of Spring Fling to see all the sites and all. This will better instead of stayin in East Tennessee and then cramming 8 hours worth of driving in one day and arrvie there and have to run within hours. So my question is. If I were to come there earlier and purchase a University of Memphis room, will I be able to practice? If so were at? OR would I have to stay here in East Tennessee and practice and the come to Memphis ready to run?

Any word yet on what facilities will be used for track and field? As someone from the Jackson area, I'm delighted to see the competition in Memphis since it's less than 90 miles from us. However, I believe it would have been better to centralize it in Nashville.

Nashville would of been a lot easier for everyone. I also feel having it in a central location would of been better for all that are involved. However, it seems like it was not better for TSSAA ($$$$). The almight dollar prove to be the deciding factor, not what is best for the athletes, coaches, families and fans.