Reg 1 Dis 2 AA

alwaysapioneer

I have no beef with McBee. I know many people who speak highly of him and he appears to be a fine young man. My disappointment is with how he played. Many posters on the opening page of this thread said he was one of the top juniors in the state. The Pilot Prep Preview said he was getting looks from coaches up and down the Eastern Seaboard. If thats the case, I expected to see a player that was head and shoulders better than every other player on the court. That was not the case but that doesn't mean he isn't a good ball player. He simply didn't live up to the hype and as charger pointed out that isn't fair to him. I wish him well. As a former high school athlete that went through the camps and summer leagues and recruiting process, I understand how difficult it can be.

Now to the issue at hand. Does anybody know how Union and the Gap look right now.

PS - 1. Taking another step back to get open isn't considered creating your own shot. 2. If McBee is being recruited could someone direct me to that information. I've tried and tried to find him on Unapproved Website and can't.

Regarding your last statement (PS...), don't exactly know where to find this info, but have heard from his family members at the games that Auburn is after him pretty heavy as is ETSU. They have both been at the school watching him shoot and stuff. That's about all I know on this subject, other than he is a good kid and a great athlete. I just hope he doesn't let outside things hurt him in this decision (i.e. friends, football, girlfriend(s), whatever else that may hinder him)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding your last statement (PS...), don't exactly know where to find this info, but have heard from his family members at the games that Auburn is after him pretty heavy as is ETSU. They have both been at the school watching him shoot and stuff. That's about all I know on this subject, other than he is a good kid and a great athlete. I just hope he doesn't let outside things hurt him in this decision (i.e. friends, football, girlfriend(s), whatever else that may hinder him)

Thanks the info. I keep hearing all these vague statements but thats the first specific info I've heard.

GP beats West Greene by 31. Probably one of the best games they've played this season. Ball movement looked terrific. Pigeon Forge might want to take note. WG tried to go with a 23 zone and it flat didn't work.

We had to focus on one player ... McBee," said Placeres. "He's a fine player, and you've got to know where he's at at all times. I know he scored 22 points, but we did a good job finding where he was at and holding him to what he got. That was pretty good to hold him down to that."

This quote is taken from The Mountain Press and is from the GP Coach.

The quote speaks for itself and backs up my earlier statements.

We had to focus on one player ... McBee," said Placeres. "He's a fine player, and you've got to know where he's at at all times. I know he scored 22 points, but we did a good job finding where he was at and holding him to what he got. That was pretty good to hold him down to that."

That also backs up what I said. McBee needs someone to step up and give him help because Coach P obviously didn't feel like any other player could beat them.

I'm with RHS02 on this one. Coach P says it all. By the way, Coach P was a great help to GP staying on the floor in McBee and everyone else's way. I thought the coaches had a designated area to stay in. Coach P did a good job, but sure stepped over the line on this one. Coaches need to say off the playing floor - period - when the clock is running. Don't tell me stunts like that don't make a difference! If there are questions on whether McBee is at or near the top, fill everyone in on who else is being recruited in the district? I'd like to hear who else is being aggressively recruited besided McBee? The proof is always in the pudding!

I'm with RHS02 on this one. Coach P says it all. By the way, Coach P was a great help to GP staying on the floor in McBee and everyone else's way. I thought the coaches had a designated area to stay in. Coach P did a good job, but sure stepped over the line on this one. Coaches need to say off the playing floor - period - when the clock is running. Don't tell me stunts like that don't make a difference! If there are questions on whether McBee is at or near the top, fill everyone in on who else is being recruited in the district? I'd like to hear who else is being aggressively recruited besided McBee? The proof is always in the pudding!

I would imagine the holzer kid from GP is getting some looks as well. He's only been allowed to play varsity since the second half of last year bc of transfer rules. Although McBee is a very nice player, I would take the kid from GP for my money. Really you can't go wrong with either. Their stats have to be similar & although it's early, GP has the better record and the win in head to head.

I would imagine the holzer kid from GP is getting some looks as well. He's only been allowed to play varsity since the second half of last year bc of transfer rules. Although McBee is a very nice player, I would take the kid from GP for my money. Really you can't go wrong with either. Their stats have to be similar & although it's early, GP has the better record and the win in head to head.

I know everyone's going to scream homer which I kinda am, but I'm going to take Holzer. While McBee is a better spot shooter, Holzer brings more to the table. To only be about 6'2", he plays well in the post and is the teams leading rebounder. I haven't seen those skills from McBee.

So what does the district slate look like for tomorrow?

You've got to be kidding. That's the lamest excuse I've ever heard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Idiots need to stay off coacht - period. Hands down GP won.

You've got to be kidding. That's the lamest excuse I've ever heard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Idiots need to stay off coacht - period. Hands down GP won.

No, I'm not kidding. Can you not read? I said nothing to indicate what your pea-brain read in my post. I said nothing about Coach P's presence on the floor costing Rutledge the game. GP shot the center out of the basket. Their scores won the game. Get the chip off your shoulder. You opened your big mouth with a little trash on McBee, and I responded to that. Brag on. How many recruiters have been at GP looking at players there? I'd like you to get me a number of recruiters and who they are recruiting. If noone is recruiting there, they are crazy. GP has players who need recruiting. And by the way, I agree with you ---- Idiots need to stay off CoachT-period. Hands down GP won! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to look at the scoreboard to see that.

No, I'm not kidding. Can you not read? I said nothing to indicate what your pea-brain read in my post. I said nothing about Coach P's presence on the floor costing Rutledge the game. GP shot the center out of the basket. Their scores won the game. Get the chip off your shoulder. You opened your big mouth with a little trash on McBee, and I responded to that. Brag on. How many recruiters have been at GP looking at players there? I'd like you to get me a number of recruiters and who they are recruiting. If noone is recruiting there, they are crazy. GP has players who need recruiting. And by the way, I agree with you ---- Idiots need to stay off CoachT-period. Hands down GP won! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to look at the scoreboard to see that.

Yes but evidently you can't. First, when did I open "my mouth with a little trash on McBee"? Second, accused a high school coach of deliberately getting on the floor trying to get in the way of your players. (Been around the sport and I believe your the first to make an accusation like that.)Third reason - you got back on coacht. I'll certainly match my pea-brain with yours any day. When did I brag? Games over ------see you next time around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS Could care a less what recruiter has been here lately. Open your eyes. Not many from GP, Rutledge, CG, PF,....... are going to college on basketball scholarships any way. Last time I checked more go academically any way. Basketball's a team sport not an individual sport. We've done quite well here at GP as far as scholarship money ($3,000,000+ in 2007). Many of our players will have every penny of college payed for whether basketball or academics. We put out a pretty good product. Check out our recruiting service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

http://www.usnews.com/listings/high-school...man_high_school

Yes but evidently you can't. First, when did I open "my mouth with a little trash on McBee"? Second, accused a high school coach of deliberately getting on the floor trying to get in the way of your players. (Been around the sport and I believe your the first to make an accusation like that.)Third reason - you got back on coacht. I'll certainly match my pea-brain with yours any day. When did I brag? Games over ------see you next time around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS Could care a less what recruiter has been here lately. Open your eyes. Not many from GP, Rutledge, CG, PF,....... are going to college on basketball scholarships any way. Last time I checked more go academically any way. Basketball's a team sport not an individual sport. We've done quite well here at GP as far as scholarship money ($3,000,000+ in 2007). Many of our players will have every penny of college payed for whether basketball or academics. We put out a pretty good product. Check out our recruiting service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

http://www.usnews.com/listings/high-school...man_high_school

Coach T is too much fun. You need to send me your contact at the recruiting service so I can give them a few more names. Chill out, enjoy the game - and harassment online - and we'll see you in a week or so in Rutledge. Drive careful. By the way Merry Christmas!

The Forge will hold him. Grant Nichols will be all over McBee. You'll have to go back on line Rutledge Class of 02 and get some more quotes. McBee is a good high school ball player. So was his brother so I've heard from some reliable sources.