Reg 1 Dis 2 AA

alwaysapioneer

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gp had a signature win friday night against pigeon forge. Looks like they are going to be the team to beat in the district this year. They are now 2-0 in the district and 6-2 overall.Gp had a signature win friday night against pigeon forge. Looks like they are going to be the team to beat in the district this year. They are now 2-0 in the district and 6-2 overall.

The Forge will hold him. Grant Nichols will be all over McBee. You'll have to go back on line Rutledge Class of 02 and get some more quotes. McBee is a good high school ball player. So was his brother so I've heard from some reliable sources.

You might want to be concerned with more than McBee. If not Merrell and Humphreys will have all state numbers since PF doesn't have a post player.

boxn1 tell us a little more about the game. Haven't heard much about Claiborne.

I know CG beat Union by 2. Must have been a good game. It'd be nice to hear a little from some others besides Rutledge, GP, and PF.

We all know Holzer and McBee will get their 20pts. or so a game. Who are some of the others on the teams in the district you have to worry about? At Rutledge you have the two post players Humphries and Merrell that can score and rebound well. Merrell is stronger inside and Humphries can step out and shoot the three. Who are some of the other schools #2 or #3 scoring threats.

You are not going to consistently shut down players like McBee or Holzer, it usually depends on these other guys if a team is going to win the big games. It takes two or three players in double digits come district time. Good luck fellows. Go Pioneers!

• 2 weeks later...

Big win for Rutledge last night defending the home floor against G-P. Still a long way to go in the district, but that's a big one and it appears as thought the Pioneers are starting to get on a little roll.

We heard in Pigeon Forge that GP lost the game but won in fouls. A GP parent told me that the Refs called Rutledge on 6 fouls in the second half and GP for 18. Nowhere but Rutledge. The Forge will beat Rutledge with or without the Refs.

We heard in Pigeon Forge that GP lost the game but won in fouls. A GP parent told me that the Refs called Rutledge on 6 fouls in the second half and GP for 18. Nowhere but Rutledge. The Forge will beat Rutledge with or without the Refs.

If you don't want to reveal who you are, can you give me a hint? (when did you graduate, play any sports, position, etc???)

Same thing happened with Carter. First half fairly reasonable but come second half it seems that refs have to call every little thing except its only going one way, against the visiting team. But then they come to Knox and get blown out and dunked on 3 times. lol funny how things work out.