Eurosports Rankings

global1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW... Checked Euro's final AAA rankings. It was good to see that just because a team made it to the state finals that it has NO bearings in the final poll. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" . I was at the state finals and correct me if am wrong but I didn't see Centennial or TullaHOMER there (who by the way didn't even make it to their region 4 finals). I did see another team there whose not ranked at all ( who by the way BEAT the region 4 champions and was at the state tourny PLAYING).

WHAT A JOKE

WOW... Checked Euro's final AAA rankings. It was good to see that just because a team made it to the state finals that it has NO bearings in the final poll. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" . I was at the state finals and correct me if am wrong but I didn't see Centennial or TullaHOMER there (who by the way didn't even make it to their region 4 finals). I did see another team there whose not ranked at all ( who by the way BEAT the region 4 champions and was at the state tourny PLAYING).

WHAT A JOKE

Talk to the coaches.....they might have a clue since they had to play the teams??

Not all coaches know about the poll ,even less vote in it, And those that do use it as self serving I'm sure.

It's Still a JOKE

You presume too much. I myself am a voter (though not in the girls season) and I put a lot of thought and effort into my votes. Just because the votes don't agree with yours does not mean that those coaches are self serving. No matter what the poll, people will dissagree.

So don't be too "sure" of anything. I never include my team in any of my votes. That doesn't sound too self serving to me.

If you think it is a joke, then so be it. Disregard it. But be careful of making assumptions about other people's motives.

You presume too much. I myself am a voter (though not in the girls season) and I put a lot of thought and effort into my votes. Just because the votes don't agree with yours does not mean that those coaches are self serving. No matter what the poll, people will dissagree.

So don't be too "sure" of anything. I never include my team in any of my votes. That doesn't sound too self serving to me.

If you think it is a joke, then so be it. Disregard it. But be careful of making assumptions about other people's motives.

Big G, If I painted with a to broad of a stroke with my assumptions, I'm sorry. But are you saying that there are NO coaches out there that are not self serving in their votes.

Since 2004 the state finalist have been ranked 1-8 plus 3 more teams in Euro's final ranking and rightly so. Those teams did what it took to get there and to finish in the top 8. Except this year when a state finalist did not even make the final poll. These girls deserve better from your "non self serving coaches" And you say don't be "sure" of anything.

All year long during Districts, Regions, Sub-state, all we saw on these threads and posts were "thats why they play the games". Well SD played the games, made to the state finals, fought through ALOT of injuries and youth , and aren't ranked period, and you tell me "not to be sure of anything".

Big G if it looks like dog crap and smells like dog crap, well than it must be CRAP.

LET ME TELL YOU WHAT I AM SURE OF...Everytime I open up the 2008 TSSAA state program I see an unranked Soddy Daisy girls soccer team picture and roster.

I'M SURE OF THIS, the poll is a Joke...and I will treat it, and laugh at it for what it is.....A JOKE.

...Everytime I open up the 2008 TSSAA state program I see an unranked Soddy Daisy girls soccer team picture and roster........

One of the great things about sports is it gives everyone the ability to develop their own perspective of what they saw... I'm sure most or all would commend the S-D team and coaches on a great run thru the tournament to get to State...and in doing so, I'm sure that no one is demeaning of any of the teams and their performances. Many of us (and probably a few coaches and voting members) were not allowed the privilege of seeing every team perform this year. In that case, I would assume the voters must look at several factors in evaluating their votes. We will see a similar and interesting vote in the upcoming Heisman race. There will be disagreement over the future winner. It does not demean anyone's performance to fail to win or place or show, etc. At the same time, I am confident that the "majority" of the voters, if not all, cast their votes with integrity and without self centered motives. After all....how many people even see the Eurosport rankings?? It is simply an evaluation by some of the more knowledgeable in the state of the high school soccer programs for the year...not perfect....and not a joke...to label it as such is demeaning to those that happened to be selected. I also do not believe there is a hard and fast rule for ranking and categorizing teams....if there were it could just be done via computer....and that would generate just as much angst from many. In the end, I am told (by players - and it is about them - not the parents) that for the players the really important issue is simply getting to State...and giving their best.....Congratulations to those who were ranked...and equally ....Congratulations to those participating in the State tournament...both represent an exceptional body of work for the year.

Centennials coach does not vote. I am sure they appreciate all the consideration that they were given. THey played some really hard teams and did well against many of the top finishers in the state. I am sure we all could argue with folks placing on the poll but in the end it is opinion based. I think we should as flash said congratulate all who made the poll based on their state finish or their hard work in the regular season. I know it means a lot to the girls.

...Everytime I open up the 2008 TSSAA state program I see an unranked Soddy Daisy girls soccer team picture and roster........

It is simply an evaluation by some of the more knowledgeable in the state of the high school soccer programs for the year...not perfect....and not a joke...to label it as such is demeaning to those that happened to be selected.

I find it VERY demeaning to the young ladies of Soddy Daisy, that the voting coaches would not at least place them in the top 8 or top 11. When in years past state finalist have been voted 1 thru 8.

It is a JOKE, JOKE,JOKE.

These so called "knowledgeable" coaches ranked the other divisions by the way they have finished in the state Tourny and have done it for the past 4 years. But not this year??

I find YOUR EURO Rankings a joke...The young ladies of Soddy find your rankings a JOKE. And because Soddy was not ranked at all it does Taint your poll.

Why not rank Collierville #1. It's because Bearden beat them. Had Collierville beat them earlier in the year it still would not matter because Beaden beat them when it mattered.

I'm sorry guys but it like that old cheer....

Nuts and bolts,

Nuts and bolts,

WE GOT SCREWED!!!