Smyrna @ Lincolin County

seantn_4

I_dont_get_it, usually i speak in no teams defense against my own team, Riverdale, but i wanted to bring up the point also that Riverdale only scored 21 on the LC defense, because 7 was scored on the LC offense right before half when Trent Gander stripped the ball from LC runner and lateralled to Ladarius Verge who went the distance for the TD.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We did lose by 3 to lebanon a plyoff team but we did not lose to a last place non playoff team at home like lc did against Blackman.

im not one to bring opponents into discussion as everything gets settled between the 2 teams on the field, but since he did it and you did it, i will bring to attention that smyrna lost to lebanon who lost to blackman. smyrna didnt kick around blackman like an 8th place team, neither did riverdale for that matter (both won 13-0)

I_dont_get_it, usually i speak in no teams defense against my own team, Riverdale, but i wanted to bring up the point also that Riverdale only scored 21 on the LC defense, because 7 was scored on the LC offense right before half when Trent Gander stripped the ball from LC runner and lateralled to Ladarius Verge who went the distance for the TD.

That's correct. I didn't even think about that.

QUOTE(ringworm11)And the whole spankee and spanker thing is dumb anybody can play a terrible half or one team can play a magical half. Friday nights are about one team vs. the other not who beat who and the spankee and so on......

Agreed. It doesn't matter what is said here, nobody from Region 4 thinks they can be beat. So, we'll see how it turns out Friday night. Everybody have a safe trip down, and enjoy the pit. I'm done.

dont usually see your post or respond but since I saw this one and it does concern football and not trash I will reply.

I think lc matches up better with riverdale than they do smyrna. Not a slam against riverdale but it is a fact riverdale likes to play smash mouth and run at you. That is lc's bread and butter and why riverdale did not put up huge points. Even coach adeylott would tell you that his offense is designed for ball control and controlling the tempo.

Smyrna on the other hand as you know will go 4 and 5 wide spread the field and try to get their athletes in open space. When you have mis matches this allows for more opportunities to score points and that is why I think Smyrna has the chance to score more points because that is how smyrnas offense is set up to score quick and score a lot.

A college game with a perfect example of a bad match up was app state at michigan. Michigan had better players all over the field but just did not match up well.

dont usually see your post or respond but since I saw this one and it does concern football and not trash I will reply.

i'd rather still be on your ignore list...i have objective posts and bring up good points week to week but this proves i have to say something in a teams defense against my own to get your attention.

dont know where the "trash" factor comes in. simply a fan who loves his team...are biased words spoken? occasionally, but ignorance never speaks for me.

i'd rather still be on your ignore list...i have objective posts and bring up good points week to week but this proves i have to say something in a teams defense against my own to get your attention.

dont know where the "trash" factor comes in. simply a fan who loves his team...are biased words spoken? occasionally, but ignorance never speaks for me.

you actually made a pretty valid observation.

one that allowed me to make a point to the lc poster

so far on this thread it has been pretty much opinions on how each side thinks the game will go granted all the ones from lc are wrong but still informative. ( that is a a joke before everyone gets rilled up /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I hope all lc posters stay on here through the game and continue to present their side and I also hope the pit is full friday night.

That's correct. I didn't even think about that.

I never said we spanked 'em. I said Cookeville spanked 'em (and that's pushing it, they won by 10 points).

Barring some major injuries, I can promise you that Smyrna will NOT score 42 on the LC defense. Now, if you have 3 or 4 kick returns for scores, maybe.

Agreed. It doesn't matter what is said here, nobody from Region 4 thinks they can be beat. So, we'll see how it turns out Friday night. Everybody have a safe trip down, and enjoy the pit. I'm done.

dont be done!

stay on

this is how it works

you say something

I tell you why you are crazy

you answer back why I am crazy

I answer back why you are crazy

etc etc etc till the game friday night

then after the game the winner comes on reviews the game and says congratulations

the loser either

a - is not heard from on coach t till next year and disappears

b - comes on and explains how the other team is classless and cheated and the refs blew it (even if the score is 60 to 0 this still applys there is no point limit)

c - comes on says congatulations and good luck next week sometimes this come a couple days after b above

if you love hs football this is where you discuss it.

Home field advantage = LC

Big game experience = Smyrna

Athletes and depth = Smyrna

Size = LC

Coaching = push

Team chemistry = Smyrna (Sonny and Rod have been doing this together a long time with good results)

Smyrna 35 - LC 14

My score exactly

Anyone with football knowledge has to respect coach Thompson but ---- I think Smyrna throws a lot more things at you on offense ands plays a more modern brand of offense.

now defense is a different story you never hear of lc not having a good defense especially up front.

dont be done!

stay on

this is how it works

you say something

I tell you why you are crazy

you answer back why I am crazy

I answer back why you are crazy

etc etc etc till the game friday night

then after the game the winner comes on reviews the game and says congratulations

the loser either

a - is not heard from on coach t till next year and disappears

b - comes on and explains how the other team is classless and cheated and the refs blew it (even if the score is 60 to 0 this still applys there is no point limit)

c - comes on says congatulations and good luck next week sometimes this come a couple days after b above

if you love hs football this is where you discuss it.

LOL. You nailed it. That is exactly how it works.

I'm just exhausting myself with all this rhetoric. I say you're crazy because.....well, you're just crazy. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> J/K

I just hope for a full pit Friday night and a great ballgame, hopefully with LC coming out on top. I know it's going to be an uphill challenge, but I just hope our boys can pull it off.

To the other 2 posters, please don't bring up that crap about the theft, or rumours of theft. It doesn't belong in a LC/Smyrna thread.

Does anyone have any actual legit knowledge (besides gossip here on CoachT) regarding the break ins at Smyrna? Aren't the coaches supposed to take the valuables to the sidelines with them? Just curious. I want to make sure that something like this never happens in my town.

Ummm.... you need to check your sources, these kids were in the swimming pool locker rooms, pretty far away from the football field, someone didn't lock the door where all the boys valuables were and stole them, couldn't have been a football player from either team they were playing football..... now who was responsible for locking the door? Who knows but that's not Smyrna's fault..... It could just as likely be a Cookville person as it is could have been a Smyrna person that stole those boys stuff. It was too far away from the football field to know. If you want to keep this from happening in your "town" then you need someone to stay at every door, and every avenue of your school. Same thing could actually happen at your school, because of where the locker rooms are located at the PIT. Because everyone is there to watch the game, no one wants to watch door or doors the entire time. And no one knows for sure if it was a door to the pool area or if it was a door to the pool area from inside the school that was somehow left open. But you can't point fingers at Smyrna or Cookville for that matter cause no one knows. And if any player wants to make sure that their items don't get stolen then they need to leave them at home, THAT is the only way to really keep their items safe.... unless someone breaks into their house.....

And on another note, no it isn't the "responsibility" of the coaches to take the vaulables of the players onto the field with them, can you carry over 100 players "vaulables" in your pockets???? That's a little extreme to ask of a coach, they are there to coach your boys on a football field, not be their personal safe....again like I said to truly keep their items safe they should leave them at home or locked up and not take them with them on the road to a football game.