Smyrna @ Lincolin County

seantn_4

Falcon fans.....Im sorry about the comments coming from this screen name. My lil brother is a lil ######. He cant keep his mouth shut. Those comments will stop. Lebanon are not sore losers. Lincoln County played a good game. They desirve to go to the second round. GOOD LUCK next week.

I sense a 'little Brother' beating about to come about! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

BigBlue67, good post! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While not being the biggest fan of Falcon's coaching, my son plays and something he said to me has struck a nerve and seems to ring true. The Falcons this season has been able to ruin a teams streak, record, senior day, homecoming day, etc. They are scrappy, seniors are motivated and Coach T is making some actual additions and changes to his playbook that are putting a few points on the boards. Our defense is great and buckles down when needed and if we can get our offense to step up a bit, I believe that we can stay with the best. Our hearts are big. If Coach T would use more of his bench and give his starters a rest then our boys wouldn't be so exhausted by the end and wouldn't make as many mistakes.

GO FALCONS!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think Smyrna is good at ending streaks also. Two weeks ago beat Wilson Central no more home games for those guys. Last week beat Cookeville no more games for those seniors.. what about those streaks

I'm looking forward to a great game - the Falcons beat a team that beat the Bulldogs and the Bulldogs beat a team that beat the Falcons....which really doesn't mean much, except that the game certainly isn't a lock for either team. The Falcons have been doing what it takes to win since the loss at Riverdale - they keep that up and they'll host Riverdale in the third round!!!!

I don't know about anyone else but I have three thoughts in my being. My head says, having looked at what the two teams have done, Smyrna will win in what could be an exciting game. However my heart will always pull for the Falcons. Many times, though, my head and my heart both are overruled by my gut. My gut tells me that L.C. will win another nail biter and advance to the third round to play Riverdale. The last two times L.C. and Smyrna have met in the playoffs the Falcons took a whipping, you can bet coach Thompson will be preaching that all week long. No matter the outcome I will not be able to talk after this one is over. Good luck FALCONS!!!!!!

SHUT DOWN WILKS AND GRAY AND YOU WANT HAVE A PROBLEM. /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

cookeville did pretty much by tripling rod at times and playing to stop the pass. Wilkes 3 catches 1 td

2 words jeremiah bryson

178 yards and 3 tds on 20 carries (17.8) per carry - he is now a seasoned vet and not a freshman as he was in the regular season. No rookies once the playoffs start.

Cody Hagar #8 - quitely becoming one of the best receivers in the region had 4 catches for 79 yards.

Smyrna 28 Cookeville 10

Smyrna couldn't have asked for a better game to get them preparred for lc

cookeville while not exactly the same is similar in they like to power run the football.

Smyrna heard all last week how cookeville was going to pound smyrna running the ball and we would not be able to match them physically. This lead to the toughest inside drills at practice I have seen since I have been here, they were brutal and apparently they helped

cookeville after the 1st qtr had 7 straight possesion where they went 3 and out and had a net gain of 4 yards.

Smyrna has all the respect in the world for lc and knows from experience last year that you have to get better and play better every week or you will go home.