Weight Questions

wosbodog

The TSSAA rule says for you to wrestle in a certain weight class at region/state you must have been within that weight class for at least 50% of your matches, correct?

Are the state and/or region matches included in that 50%?

Is it determined by number of weigh-ins or number of matches?

If it's by weigh-ins then do two-day tourneys with two separate weigh-ins count as one or two?

What if you weigh in but take a forfeit? or bye? or exhibition?

What if you've competed in three different weight classes so that it would be impossible to be at one weight for more than 50% of your matches? ...Or do they not let you wrestle up more than one class no matter your weight that day?

Confusing I know

That just gave my life meaning

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Not to be mean or anything but don't you have a coach you could also be checking with? He really should be the first person you turn to for these types of questions.

Wow, sba jumping on folks for over posting?

That's a switch.

Or is this an attempt to get his posting numbers up with the new name? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

That's a switch.

Or is this an attempt to get his posting numbers up with the new name? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

No I just feel that the young man's coach is the best person to guide him with decisions concerning his weight and what the TSSAA stipulations are. That is part of his job after all. Glad to see you are back to your stalking ways /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />.

That's a switch.

Hey, I'm not seeing anything in his response that was considered "jumping on him for over posting" To me, it looks like he is just trying to guide the kid to ask the person that is responsible for his advancement, and not to get his info off the internet. To me, I like the the post.

Not to be mean or anything but don't you have a coach you could also be checking with? He really should be the first person you turn to for these types of questions.

Okay I guess but isn't that what a forum is for? We have a new coach and I only just met him, haven't gotten a chance to ask about that kind of stuff. I'll probably ask him tomorrow though.