IS PAT SUMMIT LOOKING AT 2 RICHLAND PLAYERS?

jamieroper

I agree with you 12.

Thanks, but I can't take him anymore, he's clearly off his rocker. It's not important that he doesn't know alot about Tennessee Girls Basketball or sees any players in this state, he just knows that she's the best. He knows so much more about the national scene, yet does not know Lauren Avant's name??? or that Kimiko Williams verballed to Tennessee?? Please. He's probably never even heard of players like Elena Delle Donne, Kelsey Bone, Nenka and Chiney Ogwumike, Lasondra Barrett, Jasmine Dixon, ect.... All of which I have seen over the past three years, but I obviously need to know more about the natioanl scene like him. He's ridiculous.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, but I can't take him anymore, he's clearly off his rocker. It's not important that he doesn't know alot about Tennessee Girls Basketball or sees any players in this state, he just knows that she's the best. He knows so much more about the national scene, yet does not know Lauren Avant's name??? or that Kimiko Williams verballed to Tennessee?? Please. He's probably never even heard of players like Elena Delle Donne, Kelsey Bone, Nenka and Chiney Ogwumike, Lasondra Barrett, Jasmine Dixon, ect.... All of which I have seen over the past three years, but I obviously need to know more about the natioanl scene like him. He's ridiculous.

Dang, ptguard12, you just made another list for us to have to consider.

To be clear:

1) Kayla Christopher is an OUTSTANDING basketball player. Nobody in this debate disagrees with that assessment.

I still have the film of her from last spring's substate game against Unaka. She can flat out play. But for a rare, off night from the field in the championship game, the Gold Ball could very well be in Oliver Springs High School. So yes, she's That Good.

2) Hoopgurlz is probably our nation's top recruit ranking system. Glenn Nelson and Chris Hanson have been doing

this exclusively for several years now. Their rankings play out in colleges throughout the country. Look at the players who have committed the past couple seasons, and their picks are all headed to the best of the best. And this also takes nothing from Miss Kayla. For my two cents, she could play for UT. I hope she does; and for what it's worth, I have written to Hoopgurlz about her.

3) Briana Bass, who should fax her LOI papers from Indiana to Tennessee tomorrow, is not ranked by Hoopgurlz; so yes, they miss a few at times. But to their credit, neither Nelson or Hanson has seen her play, and thus, no ranking for Miss Bass. If and when they see Bass, or Kayla for that matter, they'll be sure to rank them, and others.

It sounds like someone who contests your personal opinion gets your panties in a wad. I had an interesting conversation today regarding this paticular thread. We'll just say they have been at the top of recruiting scene in girls hoops for 20 years. What Pt Guard 12 fails to understand is the class of 2009 rankings on the website she provided is incomplete. It will have more accurate rankings at a later time. Speaking with someone today, she might be surprised to know Christopher will most likely come in at a HIGH 4 star.

Additionally, did I ever say I didn't know who Avant is? No at all. I said she's a sophomore, right? I was making a point in she's a class under Christopher. You got so emotional because I called you out you didn't even recgonize the point.

As I said, I will revist this next year when the dust settles and sites have complete rankings of the nation's best players.

Until then, keep up your posts and rankings. They are rather "cute".

What Pt Guard 12 fails to understand is the class of 2009 rankings on the website she provided is incomplete. It will have more accurate rankings at a later time.

All ranking sites and lists are incomplete because not all players can be seen by everyone. I have been trying to tell you that and other posters have made that point as well. The whole purpose of providing hoopgurlz to you was to prove the point that not all lists are complete and not all lists have her as the top prospect in Tennessee. Everyone else seems to get that, but apparently you have serious reading comprehension problems.

Speaking with someone today, she might be surprised to know Christopher will most likely come in at a HIGH 4 star.

That doesn't surprise me at all. As I have stated numerous times (but you seem to continuously ignore), Christopher is a top prospect. Is she the top prospect in the state? Many different people have different opinions on that. I have never stated that she was not #1 in her class. I have never stated where I thought she was. I merely stated that there were other great players in this state who could make a claim to be #1, some players that maybe you should ACTUALLY SEE PLAY before making claims of your own.

As I said, I will revist this next year when the dust settles and sites have complete rankings of the nation's best players.

Until then, keep up your posts and rankings. They are rather "cute".

You keep saying that you'll "revisit this next year." Yeah, we'll revisit this next year, when you actually see some of these other players play and have any knowledge of Tennessee Girls Basketball. Until then, it is hard for anyone to take you seriously.

And I will keep up my posts and rankings cause in case you haven't noticed over the years, they are rather popular and in demand. I definitely do not remembering seeing any posts or topics on this board in the last five years that have asked you for your opinion.

Wow. I guess now the Nashville #1 Media source - The Tennessean is ridiculous now, too. They have #1 Glory Webb #2 Kayla Christopher listed as the top TN players. Avarant comes in @ #5.

I am glad to see I am not the only one who is ridiculous. It seems many share my original opinion of placing Kayla as Tennessee's # prospect. While PtGuard might disagree ( if you haven't heard she's seen all the players) and takes exception to my posts. What's comical it seems there are many in high places within the state of Tennessee who have recrutiing lists, head the media, and are some of the top AAU coaches that don't agree with PointGuard12.

You can't win them all, hon. _______________________________<---- place reserved for you to call Tennessee's biggest newspaper "RIDICULOUS".

Evidence #4 to support my original post:

1. Glory Johnson, 6-foot-3 wing, Sr., Knoxville Webb: Committed to Tennessee.

2. Kayla Christopher, 5-foot-9, guard, Jr., Oliver Springs: Uncommitted.

3. Michelle Johnson, 6-foot-2, post, Sr., Cleveland: Committed to N.C. State.

4. Chantel Poston, 6-foot-1 post, Sr., Milan: Committed to Purdue.

5. Lauren Avant, 5-foot-8 guard, So., Lausanne: Committed to Tennessee.

Are we done, now?

http://preps.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...ID=/20071111/SP ORTS07/711110420/-1/PREPSFACTORY

Wow. I guess now the Nashville #1 Media source - The Tennessean is ridiculous now, too. They have #1 Glory Webb #2 Kayla Christopher listed as the top TN players. Avarant comes in @ #5.

I am glad to see I am not the only one who is ridiculous. It seems many share my original opinion of placing Kayla as Tennessee's # prospect. While PtGuard might disagree ( if you haven't heard she's seen all the players) and takes exception to my posts. What's comical it seems there are many in high places within the state of Tennessee who have recrutiing lists, head the media, and are some of the top AAU coaches that don't agree with PointGuard12.

You can't win them all, hon. _______________________________<---- place reserved for you to call Tennessee's biggest newspaper "RIDICULOUS".

Evidence #4 to support my original post:

1. Glory Johnson, 6-foot-3 wing, Sr., Knoxville Webb: Committed to Tennessee.

2. Kayla Christopher, 5-foot-9, guard, Jr., Oliver Springs: Uncommitted.

3. Michelle Johnson, 6-foot-2, post, Sr., Cleveland: Committed to N.C. State.

4. Chantel Poston, 6-foot-1 post, Sr., Milan: Committed to Purdue.

5. Lauren Avant, 5-foot-8 guard, So., Lausanne: Committed to Tennessee.

Are we done, now?

http://preps.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...ID=/20071111/SP ORTS07/711110420/-1/PREPSFACTORY

Reread this again because you are not comprehending:

"That doesn't surprise me at all. As I have stated numerous times (but you seem to continuously ignore), Christopher is a top prospect. Is she the top prospect in the state? Many different people have different opinions on that. I have never stated that she was not #1 in her class. I have never stated where I thought she was. I merely stated that there were other great players in this state who could make a claim to be #1, some players that maybe you should ACTUALLY SEE PLAY before making claims of your own."

And that article by the Tennessean, gives the Top Players in Midstate, because in case you did not know, the Tennessean's primary focus and target audience is Middle Tennessee. Then, it lists the five that you have as "stars elsewhere in the state." It is not ranking anyone; it is merely pointing out great players in other parts of the state. No where on that entire article does it state that it is ranking any players.

Look, all I really want you to acknowledge is that there are other great players in the class of 2009 that are as good if not better then Christopher. In the end, she may be the best, which I have acknowledged over and over again. You would think that it would be easy for someone who has no idea what players are even out there to acknowledge that there might be someone better than her.

PTGaurd12,

I can assure you that OS91 is not a member of kaylas famly. I can promise you he is not. Im not going to get in the middle of this argument because obviously everyone knows what i think. But OS91 is not a member of our family. He actually played basketball for our grandfather when he coached at oliver springs in the late 80's early 90's.

PTGaurd12,

I can assure you that OS91 is not a member of kaylas famly. I can promise you he is not. Im not going to get in the middle of this argument because obviously everyone knows what i think. But OS91 is not a member of our family. He actually played basketball for our grandfather when he coached at oliver springs in the late 80's early 90's.

Thanks for letting me know. Someone sent me a message today saying that he might be and that trying to get him to understand what I am trying to say may be pointless. I have never met Christopher's family personally, but have been around them during AAU tournaments and they all seemed very nice. I was hoping he was not related to her.

Thanks for letting me know. Someone sent me a message today saying that he might be and that trying to get him to understand what I am trying to say may be pointless. I have never met Christopher's family personally, but have been around them during AAU tournaments and they all seemed very nice. I was hoping he was not related to her.

Another inaccurate assumption on your part. You have become good at that.

Again, why don't you just wait and how this all unfolds? There are 4-5 lists and websites that support my original post.

Granted, I believe you have seen these players and you have a different opinion ( that's rather obvious to everyone). It seems people far more important than you don't agree with your personal assessment, though.

That's the bottom line.