McMinn Central

it is looking like the off season weight training is paying dividends also. The girls seem stronger ripping rebounds and winning tie ups and they are definitely getting off the floor better. Doesn't look like the speed has been hurt maybe even some are a little quicker! Thanks Todd for the work you put in this year!

Todd is the MAN ! It is amazing to see this year vs last year. McNutt is awsome at finishing her shot under the basket while being held, hit, smacked and tripped. Simbeck is pulling people over her back during tie ups and slaming them to the floor and Lamberts blast to the basket, looking at the picture in the paper, her hips were even with the defenders head on a lay up and I think she was still gaining altitude.

P.S. Lets all pray and think about Abrial. She is really a great kid and has a great family. Hated to see her get hurt last night.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Central girls are playing Heritage and Maryville this weekend. Will these two teams being any competition for them? They need some competitive play before starting district games next week. The games they have played so far have been blow-outs, I can't tell if Central is that good or the others are that bad. I know Central has a very good team, but how good?

They lost their only Senior but put a true Freshman to take her place. I really don't think the freshman is near ready for This type of ball but there is always a reason why Coach M. does what he does. Might be to motivate the older players like he always does?! The one that quit just got tired of being a punching bag I reckon.. Hope the best for her....... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

she quit because she was tired of not playin when morgan would tell her she would

or he would humiliate her by putting her in in the last 2 or 3 minutes in the game when they were ahead by 40 or more

ironically c morgans son parker started on varsity at mountain view

first 5th grader to do that and the d. eddington is now on varsity!?

her dads the coach at mnt. view

is this ironic or is it just me. and she gets more playin time than the osborn who quit

she needs to be thanking osborn shes the only reason shes even on the team

its one of the two middle schools in etowah.

there is mountain view and etowah city they go from k-12.

her names osborn without the e

but im not the only one who feels this way

teachers at central have spoke of this to

its not jealousy its a fact

and have u met osborn she has a better attitude than any of the girls on the team

Central girls blew out McMinn last night. Did anyone catch Lambert's 3rd quarter. TOTAL DOMINATION!

Not to put the Lambert girl down but dang,,, The score was already a blowaway anyway.. Why keep her in to face a knee injury in a game that really was decided in the 1st 5 minutes of the game??? The girl from McMinn blew her knee out in that game by just tripping.. I know that if a person is going to get hurt they are going to get hurt,, but don't put them in a game where it isn't necessary.... Lambert is a great player but I noticed that the girls didn't play that well against McMinn... or was it just me????????????

I have seen this genuis at work.. Tallent gets you to the boro.. Great coaches will help tallent win. I guess 2 silver balls is good enough

First there is the message about drama, and now there is this thing about two silver balls being enough. We've got this season and next with the "big 5" juniors. We've got two more chances at the gold ball. I'm not saying we'll win it, but I'm saying we will put all of our effort and intensity into it every minute on the court.

As far as drama is concerned, there has been a tremendous growth in team chemistry since last spring. That's one of the benefits of the offseason strength and conditioning program. (This is Todd by the way.) These girls get along nicely. Aside from the little things that crop up with teenage girls, there is nothing major looming on the horizon.

We came away from our first loss of the year at Heritage the other night, and to a girl, they all just want to get better. No one pointed fingers at a teammate. Heck, I was also looking for things that I might be able to contribute to them in the weightroom that could benefit additionally and help us avoid any other losses.

Even if we don't win the gold ball, this is a tremendous program with which to work. This group of young ladies have been a joy to train, and I can't wait to do all I can to help Coach Morgan, Coach Young, and the girls take the next step.

Please remember that it is the girls who are doing the work. All I've done is provide them with a plan and a little guidance. They are all stronger than the end of the season last year, and none of them are slower. (We sort of keep up with that sort of thing.) LOL