MORRISTOWN EAST 2007 FOOTBALL SEASON

EASTFAN

1st, I want to thank the players & coaches for a good year. We lost some very good players

early, which hurt this team on Defense & offense. Anybody can be a Monday morning Quarter-

back, we should have or we should' nt have call that. I agree their were some mistakes made

this year. The Coaches & the returning players will learn from their mistake. I fell that

Mo-East will be a better team in 2008, than 2007 or 2006 teams were. Morristown East will be

returning 6-7 players on each side of the football next year. Guys, work hard in the weight room

this offseason. I do think their are a few things we need to fix before next year.

1) Same rules for everybody, if you miss class or practice, you will not play.

2) Passing the football is a must. I love the Wing-T, we just need to be able too throw out of it.

I really think moving T-Howell to TB & putting Turner at QB would help the passing game.

T-Howell is a great athlete, with very good speed. We need a RB that can go the distance.

3) Our offensive line is too slow. Wing-T works better when you have Quick small lineman that

can move.( it would be great if we had big lineman that could move)

4) Parents let the coaches coach. Booing at the games & yelling at the Coach, is not helping

the team. We all have too be on the same page. If you are not going too support the coach,

do not let your son play!

5) Teach our players how to run with the football. We led the nation with fumbles this year.

That fumbles problem cost us 3 or 4 ball games.

Go Canes! Get ready for 2008

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.)AMEN

2.)I agree and think that would be a GREAT move.

3.)Bingo

4.)I hate booing and yelling at the coach too but you can disagree with coaching moves and let your son play. #1 was something that goes against what the coach is doing and you said that one yourself.

5.)I understand that fumbles are a part of football but this year was ridiculous. "led the nation" made me laugh out loud. Good one.

one you missed is to put the best 11 on field even if it means playing both ways.

This is my alma mater and I love the school and the team. I have a son on the team and have coached 2/3 of the players. I want only the best for them and for the staff. I think that my comments at times have been taken by members of the staff as being negative but please understand that I want only the best for this program. If not being in agreement is a result of me wanting the best then so be it. I have no other motives than wanting to be as good as we can possibly be. My son has earned his own playing time and will in the future due to hard work in the weight room and practice field. I have no other motive than to be the best we can.

1.)AMEN

2.)I agree and think that would be a GREAT move.

3.)Bingo

4.)I hate booing and yelling at the coach too but you can disagree with coaching moves and let your son play. #1 was something that goes against what the coach is doing and you said that one yourself.

5.)I understand that fumbles are a part of football but this year was ridiculous. "led the nation" made me laugh out loud. Good one.

one you missed is to put the best 11 on field even if it means playing both ways.

This is my alma mater and I love the school and the team. I have a son on the team and have coached 2/3 of the players. I want only the best for them and for the staff. I think that my comments at times have been taken by members of the staff as being negative but please understand that I want only the best for this program. If not being in agreement is a result of me wanting the best then so be it. I have no other motives than wanting to be as good as we can possibly be. My son has earned his own playing time and will in the future due to hard work in the weight room and practice field. I have no other motive than to be the best we can.

I agree about playing some of the better players both ways. We need too be smart with it, We used # 8 on

both sides early and I thinks he got hurt alittle in one game.I do think player like your son & T-Howell,J.Jones

M. Knight can play both ways some, just not the hole game.What can we do about our offensive line? I have

watch them all year.Biggest problem is their footwork and they move too slow.Few of the bigger guys,needs

too lose some weight. Go Canes! 2008

I agree about playing some of the better players both ways. We need too be smart with it, We used # 8 on

both sides early and I thinks he got hurt alittle in one game.I do think player like your son & T-Howell,J.Jones

M. Knight can play both ways some, just not the hole game.What can we do about our offensive line? I have

watch them all year.Biggest problem is their footwork and they move too slow.Few of the bigger guys,needs

too lose some weight. Go Canes! 2008

We lose three linemen (Mills,Lamb & Carpenter) coaches have already talked to Yount & Hux about extra running to thin down. Penabla is about as lite as he can be; Lynch also is around 205-210 .What is going to happen when we try to move kids like DB & DC defensive linemen?

We lose three linemen (Mills,Lamb & Carpenter) coaches have already talked to Yount & Hux about extra running to thin down. Penabla is about as lite as he can be; Lynch also is around 205-210 .What is going to happen when we try to move kids like DB & DC defensive linemen?

With all the problems East had from the start of the season , I believe they got as

far they could go --except I don't believe South beat East , it was East beating them

self. Fumbles killed East all year --not fumbles caused by a hard hit , but ball carriers

not getting two hands on the ball . It may not be a record but about 50 feels like it.

No matter how good you run , no college will want you if you fumble.

As far as size of offensive linemen in the East system , the offensive player gets the

jump on the defensive man as he knows the count and what he plans to do. Big is

not always better. Bear Bryant recruited 15 fullbacks one year and put them in the

line.

Did Taylor get hurt Friday night ? He carried the ball 3 times on the opening kick off

for 42 of the 59 yds---I never heard his name called again--I could be wrong.

Congratulations East players for playing hard and putting on a good show for your fans.

Stay in shape and do not fear any team you face. Play as a team and good luck.

The #1 want out of a lineman is for him to block. If he can't do that well then the rest is a moot point. It does not matter how big an O lineman is, it is skill that makes him good and if you get 5 of the guys that can block well, then you have something. I would rather have a guy at 225 that is a great blocker than a guy at 270 that is average.

The #1 want out of a lineman is for him to block. If he can't do that well then the rest is a moot point. It does not matter how big an O lineman is, it is skill that makes him good and if you get 5 of the guys that can block well, then you have something. I would rather have a guy at 225 that is a great blocker than a guy at 270 that is average.

Do we have 5 guys that our 225 lbs or less, that can block? What is the name of our offensive line

coach?I really think you (canefan72) should help our line coach next year. I would think Coach Hatcher

would not have a problem with it. I would love to work with the line, but the way I work and travel, it

would be hard. You would need to talk too the line coach 1st. He did a good job his 1st year their, but

this year I think he played the strongest players (weightroom) not the best blockers. He just needs

alittle help with judging talent.

Note: We need to send our QB too an Quarterback camp this summer. Join the team in a passing league,

wouldn't hurt.

Do we have 5 guys that our 225 lbs or less, that can block? What is the name of our offensive line

coach?I really think you (canefan72) should help our line coach next year. I would think Coach Hatcher

would not have a problem with it. I would love to work with the line, but the way I work and travel, it

would be hard. You would need to talk too the line coach 1st. He did a good job his 1st year their, but

this year I think he played the strongest players (weightroom) not the best blockers. He just needs

alittle help with judging talent.

Note: We need to send our QB too an Quarterback camp this summer. Join the team in a passing league,

wouldn't hurt.

I think coach Cassell did as good a job as he could do. We lost alot from last year. As far as me coaching, I have made the offer the last 2 years and heard no response and don't think I'll make it a third. I would love to coach again. I miss the atmosphere and really think I could do some good with some of the guys. I know that I could push the ones that have played for me before. Heck, I'm already there everyday but ....................................I can promise that I'm not gonna get that call. I do think 7 on 7 may do some good.

I think coach Cassell did as good a job as he could do. We lost alot from last year. As far as me coaching, I have made the offer the last 2 years and heard no response and don't think I'll make it a third. I would love to coach again. I miss the atmosphere and really think I could do some good with some of the guys. I know that I could push the ones that have played for me before. Heck, I'm already there everyday but ....................................I can promise that I'm not gonna get that call. I do think 7 on 7 may do some good.

Talking about losing alot; think about the defense. Next year we lose P. Johnson,Murdock,Hammer,Thompson,Taylor,Singleton and Knight(if he jumps ship to the Trojans or Smoky Bears ).Coach Seals will have his work cut out for him .