Van Buren Vs. Temple

seventieseagle

Well - I'm not sure what to think about us just yet, but I'm guessing Temple will give us a true indicator of our worth or lack thereof. Last year we travelled to Chattanooga and played about average and got beat consistently by about 5-6 points per quarter. It was never a route, but did end up being about a 20 point loss. I'm guessing this year's game will be a bit closer, but I don't know that we can pull out a win. I think we'll play hard, but I'm just not sold yet. Prove me wrong boys!!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well - I'm not sure what to think about us just yet, but I'm guessing Temple will give us a true indicator of our worth or lack thereof. Last year we travelled to Chattanooga and played about average and got beat consistently by about 5-6 points per quarter. It was never a route, but did end up being about a 20 point loss. I'm guessing this year's game will be a bit closer, but I don't know that we can pull out a win. I think we'll play hard, but I'm just not sold yet. Prove me wrong boys!!

How many starters are ya'll returning from last year?

How many starters are ya'll returning from last year?

Just found the answer to my question on the other Van Buren thread. Given the experience you all have and the lack thereof at Temple, it seems you all have the edge. Our guys played a pretty fair game Tuesday night against a pretty good team, but will have to play much better offensively before they'll beat anybody good.

Do ya'll have any college prospects?

I really don't know what to expect out of Temple this year. I expect alot from VB, I will tell you one thing the players that came off the bench done very well Tuesday night, and Baker and Smith are the real deal, I love watching those two play. I also enjoy watching the other guys and to see the proud look on their parents faces when they make a good play. It would be nice to see these boys from the mountain do well this year.

The key factor in this game is if Temple can handle a very, very physical game in what I've heard to be a hostile environment. If they can, and Sexton does his thing, they win by 8-10. If not, 5 point loss or so.

Playing on the mountain can be a pretty tough place to get a win. The ref's tend to call a few more fouls in this area than in the Dunlap, Marion, Lookout Valley, Chattanooga area, so you never know what will happen.

Playing on the mountain can be a pretty tough place to get a win. The ref's tend to call a few more fouls in this area than in the Dunlap, Marion, Lookout Valley, Chattanooga area, so you never know what will happen.

Guy ,just would like to say I hope every school and fan has the respect that you guys do for other school and the way ya'll converse and talk to people on coach T and at the games, good luck to you guys we will bring all we have so may the best mans win.