Kingston Coach, Vic king

GIBSONJ

There is no question Vic King knows football, when I was in school he was one of the best coaches in the state. He had intensity, discipline, and players wanted to play for him he was a winner and had nearly a hundred players every year. From 1988 to 1998 Kingston was just about always in the running for a state championship. But times have changed and you cant blame Vic for there are more things for kids to do, kids don't want to lose and playing in the toughest region in AAA the best you are going to do at Kingston is 3rd. As far as Vic resigning it will probably be left up to him when he gets out, he has coached for at Kingston for 21 years and you don't just get rid of someone like him because of a few bad years because I guarantee that if he had the talent he had in the late 80's and early 90's he would still be competing for championships. As for blaming him for the Catholic and AE losses you can't hardly do that, does everyone forget that the starting QB got hurt during that last drive, maybe if he wouldn't have have went down Kingston would have scored Coach King can't control injuries. And anyone who knows anything about football would have been thinking the same thing he was (you have a freshman kicker, you are playing AE who has the potential to score quick so you need touchdowns) I guarantee if coach King would have known the score would have been 9-7 he would have kicked it but you never know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

H3ll no Coach King shouldn't resign. He had a young team that played in several close games and kept them close. He AND his staff are pretty good at getting kids ready to play. His young team and a new offense will be better this next year. A youth and lack of depth puts pressure on a team and when this Kingston Team grows up a little and develops more depth, they will be fine.

he AND his staff also let two big games this past season slip away by poor decisions. not saying he should resign but just stating my opinion